Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Pressure is on for Vikes QB Jackson

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8280418/Pressure-is-on-for-Vikes-QB-Jackson?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

[size=12pt]Pressure is on for Vikes QB Jackson[/size]
    by Peter Schrager
    [email protected]

Updated: June 25, 2008, 11:45 AM EST 12

Mongol, the latest critically acclaimed foreign film that's taken the American movie community by storm, is the story of Temujin — the young Genghis Kahn. In the film, Temujin's father is killed by a rival tribe when the boy is just nine. Instead of taking the throne as the next in command as he's supposed to, he's tortured in solitary confinement for years, viewed as a threat (even as a kid) to the new governing regime.

By the time he is a teenager, though, Temujin is ready for revenge. He escapes solitary confinement, steps to the plate, and becomes one of the great warriors—and leaders of men—this world has ever known. He unites the various rival Mongolian tribes under one empire, brings law and justice to the culture, and earns the respect and adulation of his peers.

He does all this at an extremely young age. With the weight of an entire tribe on his shoulders, he delivers and succeeds.

Can Tarvaris Jackson do the same in 2008?

Did I just compare a mediocre third-year quarterback with a career QB rating of 69.0 to Genghis Kahn?

You sure bet I did.

And for Vikings fans, it's not that extreme a comparison.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Pressure is on for Vikes QB Jackson

I have to believe that Childress and the offensive coaches know that he is ready to lead this team.
    If he fails and the Vikings fail then Childress has to go.
    If Childress is confident in his ability then I have know reason to doubt his ability.
    Childress has a lot more to lose then I do.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

This horse has been shooted a thousand times.I don´t expect Tarvarias winning games for us but I expect not to cost us games either.That would rank a B in TJ 2008 season for me.
    El underdog.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

The "as TJ goes, so goes the Vikes" mentality is starting to bother me.

If the Vikes had a so-so defense and a "OK" running game, I could understand why this mentality would prevail.
    But that is NOT the case, the Vikes will have a dominant D and the run game will only get better.

All TJ will need to do is make throws to keep 8 men out of the box and make the "D" pay if they do stack for the run.

Rely on the running game to move the chains and the D to give good field position.

Good ole fashion football will get the Vikes to the playoffs, by that time TJ should be clicking which will give the Vikes the ability to get deep into the playoffs.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

PurpleEaters28 is offline Waterboy

I honestly think that Jackson will be able to handle the starting job with no problem... He finally has some weapons in Berrian,Rice,Wade and Allison and not to forget about taylor and peterson and anything from our TE is a bonus but i guess we just gotta wait and see

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:

If the Vikes had a so-so defense and a "OK" running game, I could understand why this mentality would prevail.
    But that is NOT the case, the Vikes will have a dominant D and the run game will only get better.

All TJ will need to do is make throws to keep 8 men out of the box and make the "D" pay if they do stack for the run.

Rely on the running game to move the chains and the D to give good field position.

Good ole fashion football will get the Vikes to the playoffs, by that time TJ should be clicking which will give the Vikes the ability to get deep into the playoffs.
    that's the rub he didn't manage to do it enough last season and so until he can prove otherwise then it will be an area of concern and question by both fans and media. I hope he can step up and shake off the air of doubt that is following him at the moment.
    The addition of Berrian and the years experience gained by Rice and Allison especially will make a difference this season. If we can get the TE producing more then TJ will be able to do far more than last season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Personally I think people are putting too much on the Vikings right now.
    My only expectation is that we should make the playoffs, even if that means we are 1-and-done I would still be satisfied.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

that's the rub he didn't manage to do it enough last season and so until he can prove otherwise then it will be an area of concern and question by both fans and media. I hope he can step up and shake off the air of doubt that is following him at the moment.
    The addition of Berrian and the years experience gained by Rice and Allison especially will make a difference this season. If we can get the TE producing more then TJ will be able to do far more than last season.
    Exactly. He does not need to be stellar, he simply needs to consistently make good plays. Leave the great ones to AD and CT and the Defense.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

To me the critical issue is not: will Tarvaris stink. (I am pretty sure that his inconsistent play will continue into 2008).

To me, the real issue is, how many games will he be allowed to start, and how far into the season will we be when they pull him.

I am really afraid of the following sceanrio: It is week 10 and we are 5-5 or 4-6 and looking at some tough matchups, and Childress is saying "He needs more time to develop...". To me, that is the worst possible scenario, and I absolutely think it can happen.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah, PETA is probably starting a riot at all the sports writers houses for how bad there beating this dead horse

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast