Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    off topic, because I don't know where to ask, but what's going on with PPO? The cbox is expired, whatever that means, and it seems like I have to re-sign in every time I want to post. I haven't seen Webby post since week 3 last year.

Did all of the positive Pammy's finally ditch all of us negative Nancy's? They started a new community didn't they? Somewhere where they can talk in peace about how the Vikings have gone undefeated, won every super bowl ever, and are debating how many TD's CP will throw in the all Viking pro bowl.

Remember those guys that would only show up to post how they hate negative posts (without getting the irony)? That one guy would come into the chat room on game day sometimes and then just go off on anyone that said anything negative and then leave lol. I wonder what they'll complain about over there in this all positive land that I'm trying to imagine. I miss their crazy rants. I'll bet their theme is all rainbows and kittens too.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Vikings Wired: Michael Mauti vs. Houston

I like the pair of Penn State rookie linebackers we have. They don't call Penn State for the linebacker factory for nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Did all of the positive Pammy's finally ditch all of us negative Nancy's? They started a new community didn't they? Somewhere where they can talk in peace about how the Vikings have gone undefeated, won every super bowl ever, and are debating how many TD's CP will throw in the all Viking pro bowl.

Remember those guys that would only show up to post how they hate negative posts (without getting the irony)? That one guy would come into the chat room on game day sometimes and then just go off on anyone that said anything negative and then leave lol. I wonder what they'll complain about over there in this all positive land that I'm trying to imagine. I miss their crazy rants. I'll bet their theme is all rainbows and kittens too.
    No, Marrdro still posts here, just not as often.

I fully expect him back after Ponder has a good showing so he can play his "I told you so" cards & move anyone up on his spreadsheet that agrees with him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Any news or reports on Webb then? I assume Ponder didn't target him so was he used at all?
    He looked pretty good. Where are those that said he could not catch? He made a really nice grab.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Preseason Week 1: Texans @ Vikings

I was impressed with how well Cassel handled that extreme pressure on that first drive. He moves well in the pocket and has pretty good vision. I would love to see him on the field with Peterson and Jennings. Too bad we won't because the Vikings won't give up on Plunder unless he really tanks. Ugh

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I agree. We as fans should not settle until we finally have a QB who can line up behind center, look at the defense, know where the weaknesses in the defense are, and go after those weaknesses with authority.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Patterson looked great! Glad Floyd is ok. Loved listening to PA on the broadcast (NFL network replay) Best play of the game was Peterson sitting on the sideline! It's so good to have football back!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Any news or reports on Webb then? I assume Ponder didn't target him so was he used at all?
    He did OK. Nothing special, was part of the third team.

I don't think he has a chance to make the roster unless we keep 7 WRs. Jennings, Patterson, Wright, Simpson are the obvious locks. Burton is sure to be the 5th. I am not convinced that Webb is the next best WR after that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Overall I was excited to see Patterson play. Both QBs had issues, although overall I would say that Cassel had a good game. He sucked in the redzone, but that is what we have AD for. Didn't see enough of Ponder to make a judgement either way. Our backup OL was crap. I am sure that made Cassel feel right at home after playing for KC for the past couple of years.

I was watching the offense much more than the defense, so I don't have a lot of comments there yet. I need to re-watch the game when I get a chance.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    He did OK. Nothing special, was part of the third team.
    IDK. That great catch & that stellar block were both really damn nice plays.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast