Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The good news is they can always go back to the tried and true method of bringing in an aging vet who's career is on life support and give him one last shot at glory. When does manning turn 40?
    Wait, there's good news? How dare you, haven't you noticed, the sky is falling

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    but then again I suppose if one of the starters tears an ACL in the second series then the media would be all over them for playing their guys in the preseason.
    Although it worked out pretty well for the 1999 Rams xD. Not so much for Trent Green. Not that I think Matt Cassel is the next Kurt Warner, I'd just rather see us waste preseason games on Ponders on going development instead of regular season games. 2 passes? Really?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    He obviously doesn't have his timing down with Simpson yet. Cassel alternated between some really nice throws and some WTF moments. I wasn't impressed with his red zone performance, which is one of the few spots that Ponder shined last year. So all in all I am not jumping up and down at our QB situation yet.
    And Cassel doesn't have his timing down with anyone and put up decent numbers. Downplay it all you want but Cassel should be leading this team soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    And Cassel doesn't have his timing down with anyone and put up decent numbers. Downplay it all you want but Cassel should be leading this team soon.
    In fact Cassel put up more yards in his first half with the Vikings than Ponder did in 9 full games last year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    But think about it for a second- Cassel leading the team is not going to be a positive development. And I am not supporting ponder but if Cassel is the best we can put out there then we are in for a long year.

I am holding out hope that MBT emerges as the starting QB. He certainly has some zip on the ball

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Any news or reports on Webb then? I assume Ponder didn't target him so was he used at all?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Any news or reports on Webb then? I assume Ponder didn't target him so was he used at all?
    Was targeted 3 times i think, by the 3rd string qb. Made two receptions and handed out a really nice pancake block on a run play

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Was targeted 3 times i think, by the 3rd string qb. Made two receptions and handed out a really nice pancake block on a run play
    One of the passes he snatched in was a really nice grab considering where the ball was when he grabbed it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Our fringe players late in the game were very inferior to Houston's. The cut to 75 will be easy.
    None

off topic, because I don't know where to ask, but what's going on with PPO? The cbox is expired, whatever that means, and it seems like I have to re-sign in every time I want to post. I haven't seen Webby post since week 3 last year.

Did all of the positive Pammy's finally ditch all of us negative Nancy's? They started a new community didn't they? Somewhere where they can talk in peace about how the Vikings have gone undefeated, won every super bowl ever, and are debating how many TD's CP will throw in the all Viking pro bowl.

Remember those guys that would only show up to post how they hate negative posts (without getting the irony)? That one guy would come into the chat room on game day sometimes and then just go off on anyone that said anything negative and then leave lol. I wonder what they'll complain about over there in this all positive land that I'm trying to imagine. I miss their crazy rants. I'll bet their theme is all rainbows and kittens too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast