Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mistral Raymond and Harrison Smith made a decent pairing out there last night.

Maybe Buffalo just isn't very good either.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    I wonder If they'll hand out free programs ever again

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Didnt get to watch the whole game but from the highlight I really liked what i saw from ponder. Defense played much better that last game. Only 6 yards allowed in the first quarter!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Much better than the 9er game, and hopefully we see even more improvement next week when the starters play most the game.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Just saw the highlight of the Simpson hurdle. First off nice pass by ponder. Also noticed that Kalil was sprinting right behind him. Got to love the hustle. I agree as well, Cole played very well
    None

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    watched the first half.. it's was 5:30 in the second half and passed out. Dad filled me in on the rest.
    my 10 observations...

1. Ponder is the QB.. web is.. a project QB, ready RB/WR.. if we use him as such, it'll work into something. maybe next year the BT kid will step into that back up role and web can be his natural talent as a weapon
    sage... ty for coming.. there's the door.

2. AP + TG = by far one of the best RB combos!!!

3. Better D.. from 1's to 3's some standouts.. some flashes of greatness.. but it's one pre-season game.. does make the cut down that much harder..

4. depth.. this is a concern.. but not one that is gonna get solved this year. watch next years draft to see backups/depth build with solid talent, and maybe some 2nd year guys pushing for starting spots!

5. kicking... well done kid.. well done..

6. we're gonna miss simpson for those 3 games.. but then.. i'm kinda excited...

7. was it me.. or was there some scheme changes in the middle of that 1st qtr on the front line.. they started slow.. then pushed and shoved the D line around.

8.. refs... omg we need real ones out there.. (this came from watching film today on many games... )

9. Cole? WTF back 2 back plays.. if that's not a .. i want on this team..

10. overall i like the way some of the vets and starters really showed their teeth!! then the 2's and 3's gave coaches a lot of things to discuss. there were many -'s but a lot of +'s. the next 14 days will be tuff on the coaches. they'll cut guys who have given everything, have talent, and probably could play in the league. just hope we don't regret those that go elsewhere..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post

8.. refs... omg we need real ones out there.. (this came from watching film today on many games... )
    Don't know if it made it on TV, but at the end of the 1st quarter, the ref announced it was the end of the first half.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    I wonder If they'll hand out free programs ever again

In the 100+ games I've watched at the Metrodome, I've never seen anything like it. It started with the wave, that went around close to 10 times & then the programs started flying & it continued for about an additional 10 times.

Once it did finally settle down, they announced anyone caught throwing debris would be ejected & could lose their season ticket privileges. Near us, we saw 3 different people that got ejected.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    No Fun League strikes again.

Ponder looked good & even though all but 1 of his completions were short passes, it was good to see decent YAC as opposed to our receivers being tackled on the spot of the catch.

Walsh kicked & made 2 out of 3 45+ YD FG's & drilled 3 others.

Audie Cole made two nice INT's for TD's right in front of us after most of the fans left the stadium.

The defensive line played much better after doing their "Homework" and allowed only 68 yards rushing, without adding the "war pig" Marrdro desires. Looks like I'll have to bump him down a notch on the ole spreadsheet.

Although better than last year, I'm still not comfortable with our starting OL. Despite playing behind our 1st string line, Ponder had to run the ball more times than Webb "the runner" did & was sacked more as well.

Sendejo, who had a decent game last week, put a nice lick on the Bills receiver & prevented him from scoring the TD.

Webb didn't have a good game, but he looked better than Sage. He didn't take off running unless he had two, which to me further shows they are working with him & trying to change the way he plays.

The other thing I noticed was that Ponder threw the ball deep on 2 passes out of 13 where as Webb threw the ball deep on 4 out of 15. Not sure if there's any significance behind the difference.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast