Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Preseason v Bills Game Thread

How about that sick leap Simpson had?

Got some big yards out of Gerhart, Simpson and Harvin first drive. Not too shabby.

SharperImage is online now Hall of Famer
    Ponder is forreal baby

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder looked good! Feel better after seeing today's game.

I'm still scared of our OL depth and LB depth.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

LIVike is offline Starter
    From the few minutes I saw on NFL Network. Josh Robinson for other than one play was always making a play either breaking up a pass or hitting someone. Joe Webb passing wise didnt look to great. Walsh really drilled that last field goal.
    None

iowa is offline Rookie
    We've gotta figure out a way to get Webb involved with the offense, he's too dangerous of a weapon to sit on the bench. I'd like to see he and Ponder in the backfield together .
    None

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Preseason v Bills Game Thread

Work in progress...1st Team looked good. Ponder is gonna be a good one methinks...although, I've always thought that. Lemme test this one...he seems like a mobile Tommy Kramer without the 30 pack.

Still have a feeling Rudolph will explode, hope so. I like Gerhart too.

Still concerned about Brinkley. Think we are gonna like Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson for many years.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

SharperImage is online now Hall of Famer
    Stratch Brinkley START AUDIE COLE!!!

Rath is offline Waterboy

Wtg kids...

Just posting for the first time now, been through a few sites lately trying to find an active home for my Viking love. for the first time in years i felt tonight we have some young talent. Mystral way to step up. Robinson looked good. Audie is the new fav underdog. Ponder played well sans the fade promising night. Granted I know it's preseason, but as a coach of young kids i get progress can mean the world in their confidence.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    + Ponder was accurate and efficient
    + It was great to see Simpson make a play
    + Toby looked really good again. I'm not concerned about having to limit AP in the beginning of the season. Looks like Marrdro was right.
    + Our OTs were good
    + With JA, KW, and AW back and Harrison Smith starting, our run defense looked good against a good run game
    + Mistral Raymond stepped up today and may have saved his job
    + Blair Walsh was solid even though he did miss one from 51, supposedly the snap was bad on that one
    + Bottom line, our starters just looked better than their starters

- I'm pretty concerned about our depth. Our starters have looked good this preseason, but once we're missing a few people on defense, or a few O-lineman, we've really struggled
    - I'm also concerned about Brinkley taking over the starting role and I think the coaching staff is too
    - Our starting O-line gave up two sacks right up the middle on the first drive
    - Webb can't throw for beans, but he's too talented and athletic to ride the bench

Overall, a pretty solid performance, much better than week 1. I'm excited to see how some of the younger players on this team develop.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Were the sacks a result of blitzing or did the D lineman beat our guy? If the latter, who was beat?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast