jiggyjack is offline Rookie

preseason thoughts

just thinking about the preseason games now that its finally over. i dont give much weight to these games and really think it should be reduced to two games, but anyway. is there any cause for concern that both of our losses came on the road? and once again we lose when our opponent scores 20 or more points. i thought the first teams looked really solid all preseason and our list of injuries are decent. any thoughts?

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

preseason thoughts

i dont think so, we had leads, our second and third team couldnt hold them, we are more than fine right now
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

preseason thoughts

Our offense is capable of puting up 30 points on anybody!

And as long as we can keep our starters healthy on D, we should not be allowing anywhere near that on an average.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

preseason thoughts

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to next week very optimistically. Looking at our back up running backs last night prompted a sigh of relief... at this point I'm on the "cut O. Smith" band wagon.

preseason thoughts

anyone can look good in preseason.. i still love onterrio even though hes not being a team player...

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

preseason thoughts

I biggest thing I saw with the reserves were the penalties. Way to many. That must be worked on to get these players into the game mentally.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

preseason thoughts

well penalties always happen like crazy in preseason but i didnt see so many out of the 1st unit. I'm with u florida, i love smith, F the haters we cant cut him he's to valuable come on. Cutting onterrio would be really really stupid so far he is not injury prone hes already more reliable and consistent than bennett, u would have to be out of your mind. I love bennett but if he doesnt show something this year then we have got to use smith. If Bennett is healthy there is no doubt he will surprise people but he does seem a little injury prone(i hate saying that but its true) I know bennett has the potential. Hes not really fragile but freakish stuff happense to him like Safeties running into his legs 100 miles an hour and slipping on the tredmel. When he gets back he will do damage.

Bottom line keep Onterrio and they will.

preseason thoughts

"dan3ski" wrote:
    I biggest thing I saw with the reserves were the penalties. Way to many. That must be worked on to get these players into the game mentally.
    Ski I am with you on this I kind of hope that they will let some of these guys in the game when we are up to get them use to the system in real time, kind of pump them up and settle them down JUST in case...but we are looking ready to ROCK AND ROLL.... :twisted:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

preseason thoughts

Dbs got burnt early and often, good thing we are getting rid of guys like Oliver Celistin. :?

I would really like to see how well our d plays this year. They have yet to give up a td at all this year and i am looking for a shut out where they hold the other team to zero points. AMAZINGLY we HAVENT dont that since 1992. A DROUGHT OF 12 YEARS. I know im sick of seeing us win by 30 points but give up a td or a field goal.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

preseason thoughts

"vikingstw" wrote:
    well penalties always happen like crazy in preseason but i didnt see so many out of the 1st unit. I'm with u florida, i love smith, F the haters we cant cut him he's to valuable come on. Cutting onterrio would be really really stupid so far he is not injury prone hes already more reliable and consistent than bennett, u would have to be out of your mind. I love bennett but if he doesnt show something this year then we have got to use smith. If Bennett is healthy there is no doubt he will surprise people but he does seem a little injury prone(i hate saying that but its true) I know bennett has the potential. Hes not really fragile but freakish stuff happense to him like Safeties running into his legs 100 miles an hour and slipping on the tredmel. When he gets back he will do damage.

Bottom line keep Onterrio and they will.
    Yeah he'll be valuable if he can stay off drugs...