Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Preseason thought process on the Vikings

[size=13pt]Preseason thought process on the Vikings[/size]

By Eric Krupka on August 21, 2007 12:22 AM
    realfootball365.com

It's only been two preseason games, but some things are starting to fall into place for the Minnesota Vikings.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Preseason thought process on the Vikings

Good article, Singer, with some good observations, I don't think Robison will be a starter though. But I agree with the rest of the news clip.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice read Singer.

Get the "Official Bandwagon Jumper" forms out.
    Another good showing this weekend against the Seahawks and the hacks will start gushing..........

You know I loved this quote.......... ;D

Brad Childress is the right coach for Minnesota.

Toward the end of last season, his first at the helm, Minnesota's head coach caught a lot of flak from fans and media. Childress, as well as anyone, knows it comes with the territory and the 2-8 finish will upset a fan base. However, he has a great football mind and has earned the respect of his players. Childress has given up the play-calling duties, which was one of the main gripes of his detractors, allowing him to manage the entire situation going on in a game. The team is improving, and it has the chance to surprise this year. Minnesota is heading in the right direction under the guidance of Childress.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Nice read Singer.

Another good showing this weekend against the Seahawks and the hacks will start gushing..........

Toward the end of last season, his first at the helm, Minnesota's head coach caught a lot of flak from fans and media. Childress, as well as anyone, knows it comes with the territory and the 2-8 finish will upset a fan base. However, he has a great football mind and has earned the respect of his players. Childress has given up the play-calling duties, which was one of the main gripes of his detractors, allowing him to manage the entire situation going on in a game. The team is improving, and it has the chance to surprise this year. Minnesota is heading in the right direction under the guidance of Childress.
    I knew you & Prophet would.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Nice read Singer.

I knew you & Prophet would.
    ;D
    Good morning to both of you as well as Cogs.

I can't keep up with the stuff doing these 12 hour shifts.
    Damn work messing with my PPO time.

Keep em coming though I will muddle through the backlogg of threads whenever I get time to log on.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Nice read Singer.

i had exactly the same thing, i think it's great somebody gives Childress finally some credit
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Great article.....I am happy that for now Childress is not getting blasted too much.

Our offense this year will be vanilla again.
    Great rushing game, short safe passes, strong defense.
    We will play the field position game.
    We are no longer a quick strike high scoring offense.
    We are a team that will try and be smart and safe, and move the chains.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Realfootball is one of my favorite sites.Unlike other sites they are usually optimistic.Great article, nice find And hopefully childress is the right coach for minnesota

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Well blow me down -- the press must be starting to read PP.O!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Despite a dropped pass last Friday, he has established a great rapport with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and has been a good influence in the locker room. Wade is currently slated to be the No. 1 receiver, although he would be better suited to play in the slot. In any event, Wade is a solid route runner and should have a good season.
    I think Wade is batter than Taylor.
    I wanted to like Taylor, but he just never did anything to impress.
    I really liked the YAC move that Wade made.
    I hope he can continue with the YAC.

BTW, watched the Raiders vs Niners game on NFLN today, and Taylor dropped two passes, both thrown by Walters.

Peterson's 43-yard run against the Jets, preseason or not, was phenomenal, and it showed that his collarbone and shoulders are completely healed.
    It is easy to say completely healed until he does that and a day later, they say he cracked his collarbone or something like that.
    I just don't like to see that hit on AP.
    I liked it, but I don't like it at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast