Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

preseason game 2 vikings vrs the falcons

"Sprewell27" wrote:
    Go to CBS, they are playing the Ravens/Eagles game. I saw the hilight of the Moss TD, Culpepper launched that pass about 60 yards and Moss caught it in stride, going into the endzone soon after for a 67 YD TD. I'm sure they'll show the hilights at halftime of the Eagles/Ravens game.
    Yasue ti komis
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Wow, a few guys are acting the same way they did after batman's first game, IT WAS HALL'S FIRST DAMN GAME AGAINST THE BEST WR IN FOOTBALL. Geez give these rookies some time before you start saying they suck. He doens't suck and should be a pretty damn good football player. Doesn't mean he will ever be able to stop Moss, but what one CB can?

As far as the game goes: Great 1st quarter, but the rest of the game was plain ugly. When tice started playing D starters with 2nd and 3rd stringers, that just looked horrible. I wish he would have just let the D starters play together for longer, instead of playing some of them in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, with some of our crappy D players. That is where the game turned on us. It is hard for 1st team D players to play well with a bunch of scrubs that they don't even practice with.

I thought EJ looked great. He stood out in game 2 more than he did in game one. He did miss a few tackles, but that will always happen when you play against dunn, that guy is impossible to tackle. Claiborne, EJ, and DT all missed some tackles, so I hope that doesn't continue. It shouldn't since EJ and DT are great tacklers. I thought rod davis played a great game for us, and he was the player that stood out the most to me in this game. I think he is a better backup to EJ than yates is, even if he is a rookie. He really played well. Udeze look better and is starting to get use to the speed of the NFL game. Our secondary looked bad, particularly the 4th and down CB's. Rushen jones did alright, but after him they looked pathetic. Austin was picked on all game long. Then when he gets a chance to make up for it, by returning that last punt, he runs backwords and eats up a bunch of the clock. I think this game showed we really need to watch for a decent CB to get cut. We need more experience in that area. I thought daunte and gus looked great again, but hill looked bad. Our O-line went from giving up no sacks in 7 quarters, to giving up 4 in a little more than 7 quarters. It is nice to see our 1st team O-line not giving up sacks though. Rb's did pretty much nothing again, with exception to mewelde moore. He continues to show why he needs to be on the field in the regular season.

Overall the game stunk, but when it was 1st team vs 1st team, we dominated, so that is pretty much all that matters.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    It is nice to see our 1st team O-line not giving up sacks though.
    Also didn't we have a third string guy in at center? I read that Withrow got a concussion.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    It is nice to see our 1st team O-line not giving up sacks though.
    Also didn't we have a third string guy in at center? I read that Withrow got a concussion.
    He got the concussion early in the game and came out. He did play a little bit later in the 3rd quarter though.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

man if i was DeAngelo Hall i would have been scared to be a rookie and then find out you have "The Freak" as your assignment

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456