Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Preseason #4: Cowboys@Vikings, post-game articles

Sarcasm
    :

OhioViking1975 says:

August 31st, 2007 at 12:18 am

Now that the pre-season is over. ChillWeasel can open up his Kick A$$ Offense. With the talent on this team the 1998 Vikings scoring should fall by week 12. T. Jackson will be the League MVP. Chester and Adrian each over 1,000 yds. Troy Williamson will have 1,500 yds receiving with 17 td’s. ChillWeasel will get Coach of the Year.

We will have home field throughout on our way to Arizona and the SuperBowl!!!!!!

MAN!!!! What have I been drinking?!?!?!
    Special Teams guys:

– Why does linebacker and special teams ace Heath Farwell keep making this team? One word: desire. Thursday night in what for many was a nothing game, Farwell went out and led the Vikings with nine tackles and had a forced fumble. In the preseason opener, Farwell had a team-high 10 tackles with a quarterback hurry and a sack. He might not be the most talented guy on the field but nobody works harder.
    Childress admitted he will feel more comfortable come Sept. 9 when the Vikings have their top special teams players on the field. “That’s kind of the double-edged sword of when you’re trying to give guys opportunities to make it, guys that may not be the starter at that position, it’s tough,” Childress said. “It’s tough to watch the ball come back up the field.” Linebacker Vinny Ciurciu, signed as a free agent because of his ability on special teams, missed the past two games because of a broken finger. He should be ready for Atlanta.
    So will I Chilly, so will I.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:

Childress admitted he will feel more comfortable come Sept. 9 when the Vikings have their top special teams players on the field. “That’s kind of the double-edged sword of when you’re trying to give guys opportunities to make it, guys that may not be the starter at that position, it’s tough,” Childress said. “It’s tough to watch the ball come back up the field.” Linebacker Vinny Ciurciu, signed as a free agent because of his ability on special teams, missed the past two games because of a broken finger. He should be ready for Atlanta.
    Let's just hope Longwell can kick the opening kickoff beyond the 20 yardline this time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Let's just hope Longwell can kick the opening kickoff beyond the 20 yardline this time.
    he actually had some good kicks in the last game

Thanks josdin00

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tb04512" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Not the first one, I believe it landed on the 25.

I was sitting on the goal line in the lower level & he did boot a beauty that landed on the 1 yd line, but those are too far & few inbetween. He needs to be more consistant with his kickoffs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Not the first one, I believe it landed on the 25.

I was sitting on the goal line in the lower level & he did boot a beauty that landed on the 1 yd line, but those are too far & few inbetween. He needs to be more consistant with his kickoffs.
    Ohhh he can get it deep, but to do that he sacrifices hang time which really impacts our defenders abilities to get down field, break the wedge and fill the gaps.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12