Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Predictions for tonights 49ers game

What do you think our 1st string offense and defense will do against the niners? And how will special teams and 2nd & 3rd stringers do :?:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

The 49ers should be absolutely stomped by the Vikings tonight. Both the 49ers 1st and 2nd string QBs will not play because of injury. That leaves a practice squad guy and a rookie to QB the Niners tonight. And Julian Peterson will not suit up as well.

Barring turnovers, the Vikings should shut out the Niners in the first half. The offense should get the ball back after numerous three-and-outs, and probably should rack up 24-28 pts. in the first half.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"purplepat" wrote:
    Barring turnovers, the Vikings should shut out the Niners in the first half. The offense should get the ball back after numerous three-and-outs, and probably should rack up 24-28 pts. in the first half.
    Gotta rack up some points early because our third stringers will be outscored 2 to 1. I really wish these games counted for something. I'll be there tonight because I spent $360 (season tickets) for four tickets to a game that the Vikes really aren't even going to try to win.

There, I've vented. :blackeye: I feel better.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah I was wondering how people felt about tonights game. I mean it isn't even going to be a game really. When you talk about playing against a qb who is on the practice squad I think they said hasn't even taken a snap in like two years. Kind of sad I guess we will see if this game proves they have learned not to play down to their opponents level. They should win this with one hand tied behind all their backs and they better or I will be disgusted I don't want to see the same thing happen as happended last year against bad teams.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"purplepat" wrote:
    The 49ers should be absolutely stomped by the Vikings tonight. Both the 49ers 1st and 2nd string QBs will not play because of injury. That leaves a practice squad guy and a rookie to QB the Niners tonight. And Julian Peterson will not suit up as well.

Isn't Ken dorsey gonna play? I thought he was their #2 QB or is he their 3rd QB? They have been pretty good with him at QB so far in the preseason.

I wanna see how good our D is at stopping barlow. He is my breakout player at RB this year. I wanna see if we can shut him down. It shouyldn't be too hard, with their lack of a passing attack. Should be an easy game for our 1st string, but then we get into our crappy CB's and they will probably do whatever they want against them.

It is the 3rd preseason game, when most coaches play their starters for at least a half. Has anyone heard Tice comment on how long they might play? Since we should be killing the 49ers quickly, they might not play near as much as they usually would?

The starters are suppose to play the whole first have and then a series each at the start of the third. But he said it isn't set in stone but that is his plan right now.

perhaps I should spell correctly I was typing faster then I was thinking. That should be first half not first have.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Predictions for tonights 49ers game

"whackthepack" wrote:
    What do you think our 1st string offense and defense will do against the niners? And how will special teams and 2nd & 3rd stringers do :?:
    I dunno... :? Without Mr. ME ME ME ME ME Terrel Owens on the sideline "verbally motivating" the niner offensive coordinator they don't have a chane! ukeright:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

vikings 38 san fran 17

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

SF will be down to their 3rd or 4th string QB most likely for most of the game - Vikes 31, SF 10
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast