Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Predictions on rookies of the year

Here are my predictions on rookies of the year:

Defensive: Dontarrious Thomas- No, not because he is a vike! I think many of you on this site already know how much i love this guy and I think he can be a pro bowl LB in this league for a long time. He is very smart and that is why I think he can come in, start, and be productive right away for us. I garauntee he is a better LB in the NFL than DJ Williams is, so i am so glad we didn't waste a 1st on DJ.

Runner up: DeAngelo Hall- He is a huge playmaker and will make a difference to atlanta's d. I see him having more of an impact than newman did for dallas last year.

3rd: Vilma- A ton of talent and is very smart. Should be an impact player on the jets crappy D.

Offensive: Winslow JR- I think he will be jeff garcia's favorite receiver. He has more talent than shockey does, and that is scary. Look for year much like shockey's first, but with more TD's.

runner up: Gallery- it will be hard for an o-lineman to win the rookie of the year award, but he will have a year worthy of it. He is definately the real deal.

3rd: Kevin jones- There is always a RB who does well in his rookie year and i see jones as that back. He has a ton of talent. Detroit upgraded their O-line and will look to run the ball more this year, to open up the passing game(last year it was the other way around). Jones can also be a factor in the passing game.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well i hope u are right about Thomas, i like him alot to, and feel he will be an impact player for us

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Defensive rookie: Sean Taylor. All-around awesome athlete who can do just about everything a defense could ask of him.

Runner up: I agree with DeAngelo Hall.

Third: Kenechi Udeze because I don't think it will take long for him to make an impact, and because no other rookie lineman compares with him when it comes to pass rushing.

Offensive rookie: Kevin Jones. I think Steven Jackson is a better RB, but I don't see him in a starting role this year like Kevin Jones will probably be. Jones will get plenty of carries in an offense that is overall much improved. He is a very talented back.

Runner up: Larry Fitzgerald. Again, when you're looking for rookies that will make an immediate impact to the team that drafted them, not many others will have the opportunity that Fitzgerald will have. Best rookie WR hands down.

Third: Kellen Winslow. Brings an added dimension to the offense, a solid receiving threat and all-around great athlete. No doubt he will be used in a variety of roles in Cleveland.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

i believe that the rookie of the year for offense will most definietly be a running back ... not only is it the most easy position to learn on the offensive side of the ball ... but because i believe tatum bell will claim the honors running behind that denver line ... i also wouldn't be surprised if lee evans of buffalo won it ... he plays opposite eric moulds so he should see little attention coming his way ... and bledsoe is due for a breakout year much like his first with the bills now that he has henry, moulds, a legitimate #2, reed and most importantly, a healthy mcgahee

for defense, i'm gonna have to go with will smith, as he will be very productive on a highly talented saints line ... and i see him having the type of year julius peppers had his rookie year [minus the suspension]

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm pretty sure the Packers have the rookie punter of the year. Hell, they better!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Defense: DeAngelo Hall or Kenechi Udeze
    Offense: Kellen Winslow II hands down and ballots counted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    i believe that the rookie of the year for offense will most definietly be a running back ... not only is it the most easy position to learn on the offensive side of the ball
    I was doing a little research on this and found out that since 1967 there have only been 7 offensive rookies of the year who were not RBs. Two of them were Viking WRs...Sammy White and of course Moss.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

as for rookie of the year [not offensive // defensive but overall] i think i'm gonna go with deangelo hall

reasons?

he has the speed of michael vick and the falcons are placing him as a kick returner // punt returner ... so in addition of making a few picks and making some gamebreaking plays on defense, maybe we'll see him return a few to the house

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the Packers have the rookie punter of the year. Hell, they better!
    Echoes of Eddie Johnson...
    Even babies know the difference.

Offense: Julius Jones, he will get a lot of carries in Dallas...
    Runner Up: Kevin Jones, he should also see plenty of chances

Defense: (I changed it :P) (I don't see a corner winning it, good rookie CB's are hard to find, they take a while to develop)..DJ Williams, he will be able to make a quick splash.
    Runner Up: Kenichi Udeze, he won't see too many double teams...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast