Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    threepete21 is offline Rookie

Prediction: Williamson will be our #1 WR

So the guy had a bad year, he knows what he needs to work on, opening his eyes to see the ball.
    Daunte had 2 bad years, got benched, knew what he needed to work on and threw 39 TDs.
    Give the guy a chance, he has the speed and it is only his 3rd year in the league.

On a side note, Randy Moss only had 9 more catches, 92 more yards, and 1 more TD last year than B-Wade

CyVikeFan is offline Training Camp

Re: Prediction: Williamson will be our #1 WR

I gotta say its pretty much do-or-die for the guy.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Randy Moss?
    Who is that?

TWill should be able to catch the ball as a #7 overall.
    I typically am patient and not all bent out of shape aver every whim that happens during the season, but I just don't see him panning out.
    I sure hope I'm wrong.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

If only he could catch...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I still believe TW is going to pan out for us.......This will be his do or die season for sure, but I think he is going to come back better and more confident than ever before.......If so, will be a major plus for our WR's corps....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"threepete21" wrote:
    So the guy had a bad year, he knows what he needs to work on, opening his eyes to see the ball.
    Daunte had 2 bad years, got benched, knew what he needed to work on and threw 39 TDs.
    Give the guy a chance, he has the speed and it is only his 3rd year in the league.

On a side note, Randy Moss only had 9 more catches, 92 more yards, and 1 more TD last year than B-Wade

He has been in the league 3 years, and hasn't had a good year since being drafted.. I'm sorry, but for a first round pick, 7th overall, he should be considered a bust.. By the way, thanks for screwing up my optimism for next year by making this thread.. ... Anytime Troy Williamson is a #1, you know your in for a very long season.. ;D

threepete21 is offline Rookie

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:

He has been in the league 3 years, and hasn't had a good year since being drafted.. I'm sorry, but for a first round pick, 7th overall, he should be considered a bust.. By the way, thanks for screwing up my optimism for next year by making this thread.. ... Anytime Troy Williamson is a #1, you know your in for a very long season.. ;D
    Sorry about that

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:

THATS a fucking understatement !!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well as Ned says this is do or die for Williamson. He'll have a new QB who will have a stronger arm and quicker release than BJ had last year. There should also be new WR's on the field to take the pressure off as well so everything should be in his favour. If he doesn't perform this season then there should be no complaints from him or fans if he is then released.
    Troy - it's over to you now
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am on the line with TWill.
    Childress deserves some of the blame for last year.
    There was no way TWill was ready to be thrust into the number 1 spot.
    His rookie year was actually pretty good for a rookie, but he rode the bench for the most part while learning Tice's offense.
    Then Wilf takes over and installs a new offense, and everyone (including me) was expecting hi to be able to adjust to the new scheme like a veteran.

He couldn't, and shouldn't have been expected to.
    WR is a skill position that normally takes two years to learn.
    I honestly think we did more harm than good to TWill last year.
    The pressure got to him, and shattered his confidence.

Hopefully he can bounce back.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast