Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Ok, so those of us that think we shouldn't be spending on any WR's because we have a useless QB raise your hands.... So if that is the case, shouldn't Spielman be concentrating on getting a real QB in here instead of force feeding this team and the fans to Ponder?

I am a firm believer that a superstar QB can make a average WR look great, but a shitty QB can't even make a superstar WR look average. So the problem is Ponder, get rid of his ass and get a real f'n QB in here.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Ok, again, what would make you, MulletMullitia, happy? Wallace was never a serious consideration. Jennings? You know the pack are trying to jack his price up just to fuck with the "Vikes, and Cruz? Worth a first round pick? Maybe, but will spielman do it? Unlikely. EVERYONE can see you won't be happy with anything Spielman does. So no matter what, your point is clear. Shoulda realized that from your sig... But ok. I get it.
    Cruz and Jennings make this team better. I want this team to get better. We made the playoffs last year. Losing 2 of our best players isn't sitting very well with me right now....

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Cruz and Jennings make this team better. I want this team to get better. We made the playoffs last year. Losing 2 of our best players isn't sitting very well with me right now....
    I was all for losing both Harvin and Winfield if Spielman made improvements to the team. If he doesn't, he is blowing this team up.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I was all for losing both Harvin and Winfield if Spielman made improvements to the team. If he doesn't, he is blowing this team up.
    My thoughts exactly! Spielman got great value for Harvin. Does that mean I'm okay with starting 3 rookie receivers even though 2 of them are first rounders? Hell no!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Spielman got great value for Harvin. Does that mean I'm okay with starting 3 rookie receivers even though 2 of them are first rounders? Hell no!
    Exactly. For all we know, those first rd WR's could both turn out to be Troy Williamson material. Highly doubtful, but that is the risk you take with a player coming out of college versus going with a established NFL player. I really thought that right after they released Winfield that they had plans, but obviously not. The guys on NFL Network must have thought so as well, because they thought it was not a coincidence that they released him a hour and a half before the start of free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia;1137275[B
    ]Cruz and Jennings make this team better[/B]. I want this team to get better. We made the playoffs last year. Losing 2 of our best players isn't sitting very well with me right now....
    Cruz would. I agree. Jennings? He's a gimmick and a short term solution. Utilizing The TE's more and the screen would do more for Ponder then anything else. Maybe I'm soooo wrong, but will Spielman give up a pick for Cruz? NO. Leaves the team with what? The draft and a Journeyman WR. We'll see how it plays out and revisit this discussion at a later date. MulletMullitia, If I'm waaaaay off base, and you are somehow right, lol, you got my word, I'll send ya enough cash to you, in order to purchase yourself a six-pack of frosty beers. That's all I can afford. I'm a soldier. If I turn out to be right, and a good draft (wr's) and a journeyman or two help Ponder, why then, ill just except your admission that you were totally and completely bat-shit crazy and wrong in your demented hatred for spielman Deal? LOL, now many factors can affect this wager, but still, it'll be fun to see how it all turns out.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Cruz would. I agree. Jennings? He's a gimmick and a short term solution. Utilizing The TE's more and the screen would do more for Ponder then anything else. Maybe I'm soooo wrong, but will Spielman give up a pick for Cruz? NO. Leaves the team with what? The draft and a Journeyman WR. We'll see how it plays out and revisit this discussion at a later date. MulletMullitia, If I'm waaaaay off base, and you are somehow right, lol, you got my word, I'll send ya enough cash to you, in order to purchase yourself a six-pack of frosty beers. That's all I can afford. I'm a soldier. If I turn out to be right, and a good draft (wr's) and a journeyman or two help Ponder, why then, ill just except your admission that you were totally and completely bat-shit crazy and wrong in your demented hatred for spielman Deal? LOL, now many factors can affect this wager, but still, it'll be fun to see how it all turns out.
    Cruz would help a lot, and I think it might be worth giving up one of the 1st rd picks to get him because he is proven, he is young, and he is a game changer. BTW, thanks for your service, and be safe.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Predicting the Vikings' FA Signings

Jennings will be 30 this season and has never had more than 89 catches in a season. In seven seasons he has had double digit TD's only twice and has 3 seasons with 4 or fewer TD's . Imagine all the guys who want him so bad bitching when he only has 4 TD's for us.

Also, he is only 5'11 and he only runs a 4.5 40. That is not the kind of guy you throw caution to the wind with. There are many players taller and faster in the draft and better overall prospects. If he was clearly superior to anyone available in the draft then I could see it but he is merely above average, not superior.

His average stats are not trending that much different than what Berrian was doing when we signed him except Jennings is trending down the last two years and Berrian was trending up.

He is just not the savior of the offense that he is being touted out if desperation as.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 03-12-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Predicting the Vikings' FA Signings

At 30 this season, if we do a 5 year deal he will be 35 at the end of it. For perspective Moss was 35 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Cruz would help a lot, and I think it might be worth giving up one of the 1st rd picks to get him because he is proven, he is young, and he is a game changer. BTW, thanks for your service, and be safe.
    LOL. Chillin in AK right now. Now much to worry about except for moose and loose women This has been an awesome discussion. Alot of good points and funny shit. I've turned into an optimist. My beer is always half full, and everything else is graaaaavy.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast