Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Exactly, you have to have a balance of youth and experience. But you also have to have good players, not starting second rate nobody's that wouldn't be starting for most teams in the league. So far we have most of our secondary, 2/3 of our LB's, our entire WR crew, and possibly 2 OL but I will give them a pass seeing as though they just blocked for a 2000 yard rusher.
    Oh yeah, and our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Let's just finish 8-8 every year guys In a franchise with no Super Bowls. Jesus. Sorry that mediocrity is not good enough to me anymore! I never said overpay. Is offering a 5th round pick for Boldin overpaying? Or 11-12M for Jennings when a guy like Mike Wallace just got 13? Jennings was a pro bowl receiver in the NFC north! Or give up a 1st for Cruz and pay the man! He wouldn't cost any more than Percy. If Ponder sucks, we keep Cruz and get a new QB to build around him and AP. But I'm sure we will be better off with a class of Juniors that don't know how to run routes yet. Or maybe Danny the china doll Amendola LOL.
    Jennings is a retread. He is. And I think Amendola would help Ponder with his route-running faaar more then Jennings. why you are gettin so heated is beyond me. You wanted the Front Office to open up the check book for Wallace. You obviously got a beef with the spielman and now you can jump up and down some more because he didn't do your bidding. a Journeyman FA WR will get signed. Maybe even Jennings. But I don't think Spielman will part with that pick for Cruz. So lets see how the draft goes and who shines.
    Tuco the world.....

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Word is Greg Jennings is still hoping for Mike Wallace money. #Vikings aren't playing that game. Maybe when the price comes (way) down.

------------------------------------------------------
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

#Vikings are continuing to keep busy on several other free agents. Not high-profile guys. But they are working late tonight.

----------------------------------

Bargain bin Rick!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Ryan Grigson here in Indianapolis seems to be developing a perfect mix of draft and free agency. It can be done! You need balance. You can't just say that you ONLY build in the draft. That's stupid.
    I would never say never use FA but feel free to tell me who Indy has overpaid for in FA? It seems they have a lucky rabbits foot up their ass to get Manning and transition right into Luck the next year. Sure, I would love to see that.

Personally, I am in the camp of do everything necessary to draft a franchise QB and then build around them because there are no teams that win consistently year after year without a franchise QB. However, those franchise QB's seem to do just fine with changing WR's over the year and making young ones look good and develop faster.

Name me one team that had a shitty QB who brought in a FA WR and suddenly became a consistent yearly contender after that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Jennings is a retread. He is. And I think Amendola would help Ponder with his route-running faaar more then Jennings. why you are gettin so heated is beyond me. You wanted the Front Office to open up the check book for Wallace. You obviously got a beef with the spielman and now you can jump up and down some more because he didn't do your bidding. a Journeyman FA WR will get signed. Maybe even Jennings. But I don't think Spielman will part with that pick for Cruz. So lets see how the draft goes and who shines.
    Amendola is the most injury prone player in the league! For the last time. Why don't we sign Austin Collie while we're at it?

Blog Entries
    Our option at #1 is Jerome Simpson or a potential rookie? How is that + Christian Ponder, not = the worst passing offense in the NFL? There is no way around being #32 if that's what we do. Even with a guy like Patterson or Austin.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Let's just finish 8-8 every year guys In a franchise with no Super Bowls. Jesus. Sorry that mediocrity is not good enough to me anymore! I never said overpay. Is offering a 5th round pick for Boldin overpaying? Or 11-12M for Jennings when a guy like Mike Wallace just got 13? Jennings was a pro bowl receiver in the NFC north! Or give up a 1st for Cruz and pay the man! He wouldn't cost any more than Percy. If Ponder sucks, we keep Cruz and get a new QB to build around him and AP. But I'm sure we will be better off with a class of Juniors that don't know how to run routes yet. Or maybe Danny the china doll Amendola LOL.
    Playing with Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger might make a guy look like he's worth $12 million. Life is easy with an elite QB, you can plug in semi-talented receivers and make big plays. That's why every receiver, at least the top 3 or 4, on Pittsburgh and Green Bay appear to be good. Seriously.
    Pittsburgh: Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.
    Green Bay: Jennings, Jones, Cobb, Nelson, Driver

Paying 11-12 million dollars to Greg Jennings or $13 million to Mike Wallace are very clear examples of overpaying. If we had a QB with the ability to get the ball deep to Wallace or put it into a small window for Jennings, then maybe I'd be comfortable with the VIkes signing one of them. But we don't, so we shouldn't.

Also, if Amendola is a china doll, what exactly is Jennings?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Amendola is a fragile slot receiver, and we have Wright. Didn't want Wallace because of his price, and only want Jennings if his price isn't high. Jennings can play the slot, or stretch the field and has very good route running skills. Cruz is probably out of the question all together because Spielman gets a boner over draft picks. I mean why would you give up a 1st rd pick to get a established WR like Cruz when you can take a complete gamble on a college WR?

So in other words, we may or may not be competing in 2-4 years? Sorry man, but you can't go into every draft EXPECTING to get 3 starters out of it.

Amendola is the most injury prone player in the league! For the last time. Why don't we sign Austin Collie while we're at it?
    Ok, again, what would make you, MulletMullitia, happy? Wallace was never a serious consideration. Jennings? You know the pack are trying to jack his price up just to fuck with the "Vikes, and Cruz? Worth a first round pick? Maybe, but will spielman do it? Unlikely. EVERYONE can see you won't be happy with anything Spielman does. So no matter what, your point is clear. Shoulda realized that from your sig... But ok. I get it.
    Tuco the world.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Playing with Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger might make a guy look like he's worth $12 million. Life is easy with an elite QB, you can plug in semi-talented receivers and make big plays. That's why every receiver, at least the top 3 or 4, on Pittsburgh and Green Bay appear to be good. Seriously.
    Pittsburgh: Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.
    Green Bay: Jennings, Jones, Cobb, Nelson, Driver

Paying 11-12 million dollars to Greg Jennings or $13 million to Mike Wallace are very clear examples of overpaying. If we had a QB with the ability to get the ball deep to Wallace or put it into a small window for Jennings, then maybe I'd be comfortable with the VIkes signing one of them. But we don't, so we shouldn't.

Also, if Amendola is a china doll, what exactly is Jennings?
    I love Jennings because you can't put a price on NFL north experience. We play in the hardest division in football. He can hang here. You think a guy from the Rams would have an easy transition? Jennings runs good routes and he has good hands. He's done it against us and he knows everything there is to know about our biggest rival. I wouldn't give anyone in this class more than 12M. But I don't see why Jennings isn't worth every bit as much as Dwyane Bowe. I wanted Wallace but not for 13! I gave up on him. Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in the NFL.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast