Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 125
  1. #61
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You are talking to the deaf... they think because our RB finsihed 2nd all time in rushing... that it something that we should expect to happen to there is never a need for a passinng game because those record breaking runs are easy to comeby.
    You are the blind leading the blind if you think blowing the cap in FA is going to turn the Vikings into the next Packers or Saints without doing something behind center. But go ahead and live in the delusion that a WR is going to make the QB somehow better.


    I guess Moss is out there though.....

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You are talking to the deaf... they think because our RB finsihed 2nd all time in rushing... that it something that we should expect to happen to there is never a need for a passinng game because those record breaking runs are easy to comeby.
    And adding a solid journeyman and drafting some talent wont or cant do that? Or maybe just trade all the teams picks for a WR? didn''t something like that happen before. The Redskins spend like drunken ass soldiers just back from the field and what do they get, year after year? Shit. They got a gift thru the draft.
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-12-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

  3. #63
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    "You know my philosophy of trying to build this roster year in and year out through the draft because I think thatís the way youíre going to maintain success." Recent quote from the spielman. As I watch the FA period go on, I get the feeling that alot of folks are going to be less then thrilled to say the least, about the teams FA strategy.
    Does he also realize that he now has to develop all those draft picks in 4 years time then risk losing them to free agency? The same free agency that he obviously is allergic to? The window of opportunity is smaller these days with the new CBA. Now once he develops all these f'n draft picks, AD will be ready to call it a career, then we got to start all over again.

    Obviously other teams covet free agents, and that is why several of those teams are successful and make a run at the SB. Green Bay would be the exception, but its painfully obvious that the Vikings don't develop players like GB does. For what ever reason, GB usually nails it dead on with their picks, and they turn out to be good for them for many years.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Does he also realize that he now has to develop all those draft picks in 4 years time then risk losing them to free agency? The same free agency that he obviously is allergic to? The window of opportunity is smaller these days with the new CBA. Now once he develops all these f'n draft picks, AD will be ready to call it a career, then we got to start all over again.

    Obviously other teams covet free agents, and that is why several of those teams are successful and make a run at the SB. Green Bay would be the exception, but its painfully obvious that the Vikings don't develop players like GB does. For what ever reason, GB usually nails it dead on with their picks, and they turn out to be good for them for many years.
    And then the Front Office concentrates on re-signing em and folks flip their lids cause 10 seconds after FA starts the team isnt throwin rolls of cash at every "BIG" Fa out there?
    Tuco the world.....

  5. #65
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    And then the Front Office concentrates on re-signing em and folks flip their lids cause 10 seconds after FA starts the team isnt throwin rolls of cash at every "BIG" Fa out there?
    No, not that. Spielman is notorious with getting players through the draft, not free agency. Teams build their rosters by both free agency and the draft, however it always sounds like if he does go after a free agent, its going to be a second rate cheap player just to take up a roster spot.

    The Vikings can make some deals that would help this team, they just won't.

  6. #66
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Let's just finish 8-8 every year guys In a franchise with no Super Bowls. Jesus. Sorry that mediocrity is not good enough to me anymore! I never said overpay. Is offering a 5th round pick for Boldin overpaying? Or 11-12M for Jennings when a guy like Mike Wallace just got 13? Jennings was a pro bowl receiver in the NFC north! Or give up a 1st for Cruz and pay the man! He wouldn't cost any more than Percy. If Ponder sucks, we keep Cruz and get a new QB to build around him and AP. But I'm sure we will be better off with a class of Juniors that don't know how to run routes yet. Or maybe Danny the china doll Amendola LOL.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  7. #67
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Oh and your boy Rick just got PLAYED by the Bears. 6.25M / Year for Loadholt. Top 5 RT money in the NFL. They wanted Bushrod the whole time. PLAYED US to pay an extra million. By a rookie GM Emery in Chicago. Seifert reported that they never even wanted him. Knew they could raise our price because we were vulnerable. Well played, Bears.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  8. #68
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ryan Grigson here in Indianapolis seems to be developing a perfect mix of draft and free agency. It can be done! You need balance. You can't just say that you ONLY build in the draft. That's stupid.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  9. #69
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Let's just finish 8-8 every year guys In a franchise with no Super Bowls. Jesus. Sorry that mediocrity is not good enough to me anymore!.
    I agree 100%. Is it to much to ask for just 1 SB Title in their existence? I don't watch football and call myself a fan of a team to just make conversation.

  10. #70
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Ryan Grigson here in Indianapolis seems to be developing a perfect mix of draft and free agency. It can be done! You need balance. You can't just say that you ONLY build in the draft. That's stupid.
    Exactly, you have to have a balance of youth and experience. But you also have to have good players, not starting second rate nobody's that wouldn't be starting for most teams in the league. So far we have most of our secondary, 2/3 of our LB's, our entire WR crew, and possibly 2 OL but I will give them a pass seeing as though they just blocked for a 2000 yard rusher.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •