Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Good thing drafted all those guys.... Oh wait!
    The conversatation was about building throught he draft.
    We resigned 2 guys we drafted. The others were FAs. Why am I not surpised you are arging shit that makes little sense.
    Did you not say that you cant draft if you don't resign enough players or was that a mirage?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    HOW IS THIS TEAM BETTER? Delusional homers. You don't start 2 rookie WRs with a shit QB. We will look like Gabbert and the Jags out there. We will finish DEAD LAST in passing. I'm not okay with this. Neither is anyone else whose seen a game in this passing league in the last 10 years. I love AP. But we have to get a passing game. This is embarassing.
    If you have a shit QB, overpaying for second level players like jennings isn't going to polish that turd man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

According to sources, the Titans are shopping Nate Washington.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    This has Spielman written all over it. Cheap, boring and largely ineffective.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    My normal perspective on the NFL is that players follow the money, whoever is willing to pay the most gets the player. I think the Vikings might be the rare exception right now, with our star reciever leaving due to the QB situation, we are really marked as the least desirable location for WR's right now.
    If Jennings comes to the Vikings I think it's because we significantly out bid the Packers, if it's close he'll be a Packer.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If you have a shit QB, overpaying for second level players like jennings isn't going to polish that turd man.
    Don't you see that we are just giving them more excuses for Ponder? Give him another year... he only had rookie receivers. Give him another year... they didn't have chemistry yet. Give him another year.... there's nothing around him.

So I say we should pick up the best receivers available and let him sink or swim. It's not like we only need one receiver, ya know? We need a #1 and #2. I'm fine with getting our #2 in the draft. But I'm not okay with us looking for a retread # 2-3 journeyman now and trying to find a future #1 in the late first. Those are bad odds in a lower level receiver class. And it makes our team worse. We need to make our team better!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

HOW IS THIS TEAM BETTER? Delusional homers. You don't start 2 rookie WRs with a shit QB. We will look like Gabbert and the Jags out there. We will finish DEAD LAST in passing. I'm not okay with this. Neither is anyone else whose seen a game in this passing league in the last 10 years. I love AP. But we have to get a passing game. This is embarassing.
    Really, Guy? What are you wanting? Spend everything the team has cap-wise on who? Wallace? (too late now) Jennings, WHO? Trade away picks for who? As much as i hear (and have myself, bitched about Ponder,) adding Jennings or Cruz, or Wallace would have made that big a diff? That's fucking 'delusional.' GUY. As I SAID BEFORE, bring in a solid journeyman and continue to bolster the o-line and hopefully some steady men around Ponder will produce results....You are gettin waaaay too heated over a process that has just started. Fuck.....
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

Blog Entries
    HOW IS THIS TEAM BETTER?
    They took Harvin out of the equation and the team had better chemistry and played together. The sum was better than the parts so to speak.

But hey, they have the cap room now to bring back McChunky to QB the team.

Come on, you got a new stadium, the team was in the playoffs and the next season just kicked off. lets have some fun!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    You are talking to the deaf... they think because our RB finsihed 2nd all time in rushing... that it something that we should expect to happen to there is never a need for a passinng game because those record breaking runs are easy to comeby.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Really, Guy? What are wanting? Spend everything the team has cap-wise on who? Wallace? (too late now) Jennings, WHO? Trade away picks for who? As much as i hear (and have myself, bitched about Ponder,) adding Jennings or Cruz, or Wallace would have made that big a diff? That's fucking 'delusional.' GUY. As I SAID BEFORE, bring in a solid journeyman and continue to bolster the o-line and hopefully some steady men around Ponder will produce results....You are gettin waaaay too heated over a process that has just started. Fuck.....
    So... you want us to fix the OLINE again? Whats wrong with the OLINE?
    My god....

Blog Entries
    Don't you see that we are just giving them more excuses for Ponder? Give him another year... he only had rookie receivers. Give him another year... they didn't have chemistry yet. Give him another year.... there's nothing around him.

So I say we should pick up the best receivers available and let him sink or swim. It's not like we only need one receiver, ya know? We need a #1 and #2. I'm fine with getting our #2 in the draft. But I'm not okay with us looking for a retread # 2-3 journeyman now and trying to find a future #1 in the late first. Those are bad odds in a lower level receiver class. And it makes our team worse. We need to make our team better!
    Well, if they are that incompetent then I can assure you it is better to not get the talent and let the FO get shitcanned so we can start the new regime. If what you are proposing is true, there is no way,even if we brought in Jennings and every other WR in FA, that the team has a chance at winning.

Take a step back and look at the team and the WR position since we traded Moss. We have overspent in FA nearly every year and nobody has worked out. IMHO what you should be doing is demanding they get new WR coaches and new WR talent scouts so that we can find and develop our own WR's.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast