Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We resigned the FB, RT, WR and DB back today in case you missed it when you were in the middle of your moment.
    2 of 4 which are players we actually drafted. That brings the total up to 8 drafted players we've resigned in the 7 offseasons since Spielman was hired, that are still with the team today.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-13-2013 at 05:20 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    So why get bent outta shape about missing out on guys who are gonna cost $10 million to sign? It makes no sense.

We're going to sign affordable alternatives to Wallace(who clearly was after just money, or else he wouldn't have held out last summer or immediately signed with Miami) or Jennings. That's not a bad thing.
    Dude, read my posts man. I didn't want Wallace at 13 mil a year, I only want Jennings at 7-9 mil a year because of his age. The rest of the guys are not going to help at all. What do you really believe Amendola is going to bring to this team? I don't think he is worth signing. To make a mediocre QB better, you have to surround him with weapons, and we don't have any. Jennings is at least proven, he has speed, runs great routes, has great hands, and is one of the best mannered guys in the business. If he came at 7-9 mil a year, I would jump all over him. Sorry for being a fan for most of my 35 years on this planet and wanting to witness a SB in Minnesota before I die. Fuck, this same old shit is getting tiresome.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Dude, read my posts man. I didn't want Wallace at 13 mil a year, I only want Jennings at 7-9 mil a year because of his age. The rest of the guys are not going to help at all. What do you really believe Amendola is going to bring to this team? I don't think he is worth signing. To make a mediocre QB better, you have to surround him with weapons, and we don't have any. Jennings is at least proven, he has speed, runs great routes, has great hands, and is one of the best mannered guys in the business. If he came at 7-9 mil a year, I would jump all over him. Sorry for being a fan for most of my 35 years on this planet and wanting to witness a SB in Minnesota before I die. Fuck, this same old shit is getting tiresome.
    Read mine. I never said I want Amendola, nor that he'd greatly improve the team.

I think that Jennings is a good player, but not good enough to make ponder look good. He's a product of a system and an elite QB. Plus he's gonna be 30 in September and has missed significant portions of the past two seasons. I think young guys can break injury patterns, but the 30 year mark scares me.

Would he instantly be our best receiver? Yes, but that's not saying much. With the numbers he puts up with Rodgers, he's worth $7-9 million a year. If he comes here he'll be a 700-800 yard guy.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Read mine. I never said I want Amendola, nor that he'd greatly improve the team.

I think that Jennings is a good player, but not good enough to make ponder look good. He's a product of a system and an elite QB. Plus he's gonna be 30 in September and has missed significant portions of the past two seasons. I think young guys can break injury patterns, but the 30 year mark scares me.

Would he instantly be our best receiver? Yes, but that's not saying much. With the numbers he puts up with Rodgers, he's worth $7-9 million a year. If he comes here he'll be a 700-800 yard guy.
    If Jennings can come to MN and put up 7-800 yards and help gain some respect in our passing game, that probably makes him worth $7-9M.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Report: Greg Jennings offered $10M a year by Packers - NFL.com

The Green Bay Packers offered wide receiver Greg Jennings about $10 million per year "a while ago," a source told ESPN Wisconsin's Jason Wilde. That might not be a bad number considering things have been awfully quiet and a return to the Packers has become a stonger possibility.

Free-agent tracker
    Where will Mike Wallace wind up? Follow him and all the other NFL players on the move in our free-agent tracker. More ...
    A reunion with Joe Philbin on the Miami Dolphins quickly was extinguished as the Dolphins signed wide receiver Mike Wallace to a five-year, $60 million deal. The Minnesota Vikings were thought to be in hunt, but 1500 ESPN Twin Cities' Tom Pelissero reported the organization won't chase the two-time Pro Bowler if he wants Wallace-type money
    Looks like Jennings may very well stay in GB. Interesting that they value him this high with all their other targets. Maybe the end of Finley who has the largest contract of any pass catcher in GB.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    It may have been offered before free-agency, possibly before the 2012 season, not sure if that offer would still be on the table. And the guaranteed money is the most important factor, which isn't disclosed.
    Daunte Culpepper signed a contract for $102 million that runs through 2014, but It's not doing him that much good because it wasn't guaranteed.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

iF this is the case, theres NFW Jennings comes here..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post

I live here in GB, and it was said that they offered him that before his injury, and before Cobb and Jones both sparkled. With Finley, Cobb, Nelson, and Jones, they are stacked in their receiving game, not to mention one of the best QB's of all time throwing them the ball.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post

Whether it is or not. NFW he's coming here if what he says is true. Who that team has as QB is going to play a big part in his decision.

That count's us out

Jennings says quarterback 'means a lot' in free agency

Y! SPORTS

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I live here in GB, and it was said that they offered him that before his injury, and before Cobb and Jones both sparkled. With Finley, Cobb, Nelson, and Jones, they are stacked in their receiving game, not to mention one of the best QB's of all time throwing them the ball.
    I actually feel somewhat bad for him, losing on a gamble like that. From what I've heard from my Puker fan friends he is a hard working, locker room leader type of guy. I would like to see him in purple, as long as it is at a reasonable price, not $10mil per
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast