Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    If you're done waiting, go away. Stop posting. Stop cheering on Sundays.

Or at least be reasonable.

One wide receiver has changed teams since the start of free agency this afternoon. ONE. 1. Un. Uno. Um. Eins. Ichi. Yi. En. One freakin' guy. Mike Wallace, that's it.

Seven hours of free agency is no panacea for a team "too inept to get anything right."
    Trust me, I am about to. Sick of supporting a losing franchise. It's not about who has or hasn't signed, its that nobody will want to come here. Unless a player is looking at money and money alone, who would want to sign with this team when they have no WR's or a decent QB? We have 1 guy on offense, ONE. 1. Un. Uno. Um. Eins. Ichi. Yi. En. One freakin' guy that is a game changer, who in their right mind would want to associate themselves with that?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Trust me, I am about to. Sick of supporting a losing franchise. It's not about who has or hasn't signed, its that nobody will want to come here. Unless a player is looking at money and money alone, who would want to sign with this team when they have no WR's or a decent QB? We have 1 guy on offense, ONE. 1. Un. Uno. Um. Eins. Ichi. Yi. En. One freakin' guy that is a game changer, who in their right mind would want to associate themselves with that?
    So why get bent outta shape about missing out on guys who are gonna cost $10 million to sign? It makes no sense.

We're going to sign affordable alternatives to Wallace(who clearly was after just money, or else he wouldn't have held out last summer or immediately signed with Miami) or Jennings. That's not a bad thing.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

John Carlson's restructured deal includes $1.5M salary ($1.2M gtd), $50K workout bonus, $1.45M in incentives. Cap # drops from $4M to $2.55M

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to come up with a current cap number. The number of +cap we start the day with tomorrow. I'm going through all of today's deals now.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

John Carlson's restructured deal includes $1.5M salary ($1.2M gtd), $50K workout bonus, $1.45M in incentives. Cap # drops from $4M to $2.55M

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to come up with a current cap number. The number of +cap we start the day with tomorrow. I'm going through all of today's deals now.
    I asked Kevin Seifert for an approximate figure on Twitter earlier today, and he said north of $20million. Then another person chimed in, saying 23. This was after the release of Winfield and Carlson's restructuring. It was before the Loadholt signing, and I think he's going to have a $3.5 to $4 million dollar cap number this season, but I'm not sure on that.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 03-12-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    I asked Kevin Seifert for an approximate figure on Twitter earlier today, and he said north of $20million. Then another person chimed in, saying 23. This was before the Loadholt signing, and I think he's going to have a $3.5 to $4 million dollar cap number this season, but I'm not sure on that.
    "Loadholt, 27, has base salaries of $2.9 million in 2013, $3.4 million in 2014, $4.4 million in 2015 and $5.4 million in 2016, plus roster bonuses of $500,000 in the last three years of the deal and workout bonuses of $100,000 each year.

His cap number for 2013 is $4.75 million and increases by $1 million every season after that."

Blog Entries
    The restructured contract tight end John Carlson signed on Tuesday morning cleared $1.45 million in salary cap space.

Carlson's base salary dropped from $2.9 million to $1.5 million, including the $1.2 million fully guaranteed as it was in his old deal. His cap number dropped from $4 million to $2.55 million.

He also has a $50,000 workout bonus and can make up the difference in base salary through $1.45 million in "not likely to be earned" incentives for a maximum 2013 pay of $3 million.

The three remaining years of Carlson's deal remained untouched, with no guaranteed money. He has scheduled base salaries of $3.9 million in 2014 and $4.9 million in 2015 and '16, with $100,000 workout bonuses each season.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    "Loadholt, 27, has base salaries of $2.9 million in 2013, $3.4 million in 2014, $4.4 million in 2015 and $5.4 million in 2016, plus roster bonuses of $500,000 in the last three years of the deal and workout bonuses of $100,000 each year.

His cap number for 2013 is $4.75 million and increases by $1 million every season after that."
    So $2.9 million base in 2013 + $1.75 million of his $7 million signing bonus + the $100,000 workout bonus he's eligible for is $3.75 million. Do you know where the additional $1 million is coming from this season?

Blog Entries
    So $2.9 million base in 2013 + $1.75 million of his $7 million signing bonus + the $100,000 workout bonus he's eligible for is $3.75 million. Do you know where the additional $1 million is coming from this season?
    I can't find that missing million either. Been digging through cap space numbers all night and it's really hard to read with all the restructures. Plus the terms of Sanford and Henderson were not immediately available. Might not know until tomorrow unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for being so bitter today, fellas. I am just really passionate about this team. I love them with all my heart. I bleed purple and gold. It disappoints me when the organization makes moves that seem backwards to me. I admit that I have been impatient and will wait to see what we get from Rick. But I feel that he really dropped the ball on the Harvin, Frazier, and Winfield contract situations. - Broken down below in detail

Percy should have been taken care of last year. The second bad move was picking up Frazier's option instead of offering him a contract extension. That really killed the momentum and karma of our rebuild. Leslie was our 2nd most valuable "player" last year to AP. He brought us together as a group. He developed our players. He OVERACHIEVED with worse than average personnel. The Frazier option was bad enough, but the Winfield cut today really set me off. Disrespecting a team captain with a move that he never saw coming. Pulling a guy out of his workout and telling him to go home. He was a warrior for us. He deserved better than that.

I know Rick has the best interest of the team at heart. He seems like a nice guy. He's great in the draft. But he's like a surgeon with no bedside manner. You have to maintain relationships in this business. He needs to show me that. Now hopefully you can see that this isn't a personal vendetta or blind hate. I just don't agree with the majority of his football decisions.

PS: I'll calm down on day 2 SKOL vikes!
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 03-13-2013 at 01:13 AM.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    i'll just chime in, then head back to work.

1. FA period is mostly for picking up pieces that fit in a system to help improve said system.. these are known guys, known flaws, upside, and have NFL experience. some teams will spend big.. some teams will spend low. but EVERY team must spend something in FA.. the only thing that really restricts FA period is the salary cap.. which for me is the only thing that keeps lower $ teams from just fading out.. and teams like Dallas from buying the Fantasy team and just always winning. for us to be a contender for the present and future we need to build withen that cap space, and not overload it now so that we're back to sq 1 in a few years when we can't make any moves. if i had a crystal ball i'd tell you when we reach the point we spend big this time of year.. but as my crystal ball only shows a bald guy staring back at me.. all i can say is we continue to build, and continue to improve. we did this last year.. here's to us doing it this year

those teams that are 1 or 2 pieces away from being SB contending teams will spend big on 1 or 2 pieces.. ie.. seachickens.. they needed a player like percy. they WILL be a popular pick for SB contention..

on the other side of the coin.. every team will cut good players.. be it cap space, moving in a different direction (usually age) or pushing for a rebuild. for our vikes, that's the rebuild curse.. you will loose some very popular guys, some steadfast ones, keep others, and maybe bring in some compitation to push those you have, or the ones you draft.

maybe in 2 years we'll see some major $ in FA for that final piece or 2.. but we arn't there yet.

2. Keeping those players you deem essential! Winney is one of my all time fav players. he's smaller in size but hits harder then a mac truck! do i think it's the end of his days as a vike? no.. i think there is something going on we don't know about, and as we all know.. it's a business. maybe we were making a play for some1, maybe it's just a brain fart.. we don't know as we're not in the imaginary war room.. keeping loadholt was needed, felton def required.. simpson.. well now it's needed as we have soo many open spots @ WR.. as its early still in the FA windows.. i'll give the FO their chance to manouver and set up.. remember.. even if they laid their cards on the table, make their amazing offers.. it's up to the players + agents to finalize it.

3. draft is coming.. 3 picks in the first 52.. and 2 inthe top 25.. that's what i call a helpfull dose of rebuilding talent.. it's a risk.. but it's a good risk in my book.

now that the rambling is over.. i'm making a coffee and gonna try to get my chaotic thoughts in order.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast