Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 125
  1. #91
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Cruz would help a lot, and I think it might be worth giving up one of the 1st rd picks to get him because he is proven, he is young, and he is a game changer. BTW, thanks for your service, and be safe.
    I can only agree with your last sentence.

    Victor Cruz is not that good. His numbers lie. Over rated.


    Those are his season highlights. Seriously unimpressive for the numbers he recorded. Not a single good route. One nice hands catch in the endzone against Tampa Bay(on a perfect throw.) Every time he catches the ball while covered, it's because of Eli. It's all perfect throws and blown coverage. All of it. Remember how good Steve Smith was for a couple of seasons?

    Cruz drops as many balls as anyone in the league, can't block, lacks size and elite speed.

    Do you really want a guy with no NFC North experience, which is according to your twin brother Mullet Mullitia makes Jennings so good, trying to catch balls from Ponder? For a 1st round pick? No way.

  2. #92
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    888
    This team is still rebuilding and has a lot of holes to fill. Like last year, the Vikings will not be very active in free agency unless they find value.
    Their best talent will be found in the draft.
    When the team is closer to a superbowl run, they may be more likely to bring in the higher priced free agents.

  3. #93
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I can only agree with your last sentence.

    Victor Cruz is not that good. His numbers lie. Over rated.


    Those are his season highlights. Seriously unimpressive for the numbers he recorded. Not a single good route. One nice hands catch in the endzone against Tampa Bay(on a perfect throw.) Every time he catches the ball while covered, it's because of Eli. It's all perfect throws and blown coverage. All of it. Remember how good Steve Smith was for a couple of seasons?

    Cruz drops as many balls as anyone in the league, can't block, lacks size and elite speed.

    Do you really want a guy with no NFC North experience, which is according to your twin brother Mullet Mullitia makes Jennings so good, trying to catch balls from Ponder? For a 1st round pick? No way.
    If we target a Giants receiver it should be Hixon not Cruz.

  4. #94
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    885
    You know, it really doesn't matter one bit who we sign or don't this year if we're not looking forward down the road into the future. We don't need a one year fix. We need a multi-year plan.

    The Vikings are not going to solve all of their problems in one day of free agency. For that matter, they aren't going to solve every problem in one entire off-season. All they can do is work toward the future, and try to plan ahead.

    Look at last year. Damn near everyone was convinced that we were screwed after FA. Then again after the draft. Then again in pre-season. And where did we end up? With a playoff run that no one expected.

    Come on, guys. We're not making a Super Bowl run this year, most likely, no matter what we do. But we can try to improve in some areas, and set ourselves up for more improvement next year. Which reminds me... has anyone even thought about what WRs will be available then? Or CBs, LBs, DTs, hell, even QBs? When the available crop isn't good enough now, you have to look ahead for what might be available then, and try to be ready for it.

    Don't panic, people. Wait and see how things play out before you call judgement on the front office. In this day and age of the NFL, there are no quick fixes unless you are already almost there. And we most certainly are not.
    Last edited by Traveling_Vike; 03-12-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typos

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  5. #95
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

    Do you really want a guy with no NFC North experience, which is according to your twin brother Mullet Mullitia makes Jennings so good, trying to catch balls from Ponder? For a 1st round pick? No way.

    Like what they will expect from whatever WR we take in the 1st rd but is unproven altogether?

  6. #96
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Like what they will expect from whatever WR we take in the 1st rd but is unproven altogether?
    If there is a guy like AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft... I get it. And I would want that player too. But this class is full of underperforming seniors and a bunch of raw juniors. Nobody even close to ready to being a #1 next year for us.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  7. #97
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    You know, it really doesn't matter one bit who we sign or don't this year if we're not looking forward down the road into the future. We don't need a one year fix. We need a multi-year plan.

    The Vikings are not going to solve all of their problems in one day of free agency. For that matter, they aren't going to solve every problem in one entire off-season. All they can do is work toward the future, and try to plan ahead.

    Look at last year. Damn near everyone was convinced that we were screwed after FA. Then again after the draft. Then again in pre-season. And where did we end up? With a playoff run that no one expected.

    Come on, guys. We're not making a Super Bowl run this year, most likely, no matter what we do. But we can try to improve in some areas, and set ourselves up for more improvement next year. Which reminds me... has anyone even thought about what WRs will be available then? Or CBs, LBs, DTs, hell, even QBs? When the available crop isn't good enough now, you have to look ahead for what might be available then, and try to be ready for it.

    Don't panic, people. Wait and see how things play out before you call judgement on the front office. In this day and age of the NFL, there are no quick fixes unless you are already almost there. And we most certainly are not.
    I've been waiting for 30+ years, I am done waiting on this team. They are to inept to get anything right, that's why they have never won a SB in their existence.

  8. #98
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Do you really want a guy with no NFC North experience, which is according to your twin brother Mullet Mullitia makes Jennings so good, trying to catch balls from Ponder? For a 1st round pick? No way.
    Who do YOU think is capable of playing #1WR for us next year in week one? Name any player in UFA or the draft.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  9. #99
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I've been waiting for 30+ years, I am done waiting on this team. They are to inept to get anything right, that's why they have never won a SB in their existence.
    If you're done waiting, go away. Stop posting. Stop cheering on Sundays.

    Or at least be reasonable.

    One wide receiver has changed teams since the start of free agency this afternoon. ONE. 1. Un. Uno. Um. Eins. Ichi. Yi. En. One freakin' guy. Mike Wallace, that's it.

    Seven hours of free agency is no panacea for a team "too inept to get anything right."

  10. #100
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Who do YOU think is capable of playing #1WR for us next year in week one? Name any player in UFA or the draft.
    Doing something and doing something well are very different.

    Who do I think would be a good #1 receiver for us, next season(for years to come too?), in unrestricted free agency or the draft. Probably no one. But I support the idea of rolling the dice to get a reliable starter, not necessarily a pro-bowler or even long term #1 wide out, in the draft. I'm not a fan of giving up $10+ million a year AND one of those first round picks for Victor Cruz. It's a much safer decision than overpaying a free agent, especially in this weak of a free agent class.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •