Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Predicting the Vikings' FA Signings

Predicting the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Signings

Predicting the Minnesota Vikings' Free-Agent Signings | Bleacher Report

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't get the Felton love. The guy was a good FB but it's like he is being turned into this must have FA. Get AD any decent FB an they will look better playing with him. Felton was never a blocking back, and was regarded for his catching ability. I guess the years of watching Tahi has us desperate for anyone that can complete a block.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I don't get the Felton love. The guy was a good FB but it's like he is being turned into this must have FA. Get AD any decent FB an they will look better playing with him. Felton was never a blocking back, and was regarded for his catching ability. I guess the years of watching Tahi has us desperate for anyone that can complete a block.
    No thanks to your plan. The Vikings already pulled of that brain fart when they let Tony Richardson walk away.

I watched Felton blow up to many players to help spring Peterson this year to think that just anyone could replace him. Not to mention that Felton wants to play here and help Peterson break the rushing record. I don't see a problem in signing a guy that wants to stay here, and that also makes me think that money is not going to be a issue.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    You are out of your mind. Felton lit up guys all season. You are blind. He was key to many of his big runs.

Loadholt gets a lot of credit for blocking that Felton did that AD ran to the RS.

Jerome Felton - YouTube
    Last edited by singersp; 03-05-2013 at 05:17 AM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Loadholt gets a lot of credit for blocking that Felton did that AD ran to the RS.

Jerome Felton - YouTube
    If you pause the video as it changes from clip to clip, you can focus on Felton then go back through and focus on Loadholdt.
    They both did their jobs pretty well. Loadholdt's blocks would seal off the defender at the line, often turning him inside, and Felton would block at the second level.

Loadholdt is a good run blocker, just inconsistant in pass blocking and needs to improve at avoiding dumb penalties.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If you pause the video as it changes from clip to clip, you can focus on Felton then go back through and focus on Loadholdt.
    They both did their jobs pretty well. Loadholdt's blocks would seal off the defender at the line, often turning him inside, and Felton would block at the second level.

Loadholdt is a good run blocker, just inconsistant in pass blocking and needs to improve at avoiding dumb penalties.
    Bigger problem is the consistent dumb penalties...not sure, but I think he's been top-five in the league in pre-snap penalties every year of his career!?? Still, if nobody else gives him a fatty deal, I'd bring him back for continuity. But, looks to me, like Erin Henderson last year, we're going to let him test the waters to set the rate and see what happens.

Felton, is a duh, but that's what I said about Tony Richardson too. FB's just don't make that much money, 4 years for 12 or 13 isn't going to break the bank, and the way he shoots downfield and takes out a backer or Dback is impressive. And he's got reliable hands. What do ya think about this play? Fake to Peterson up the gut, and then toss it outside to Felton opposite side of where Harvin is attracting attention in the slot...?

Before last season, when he missed eight games, Jennings averaged 65 receptions for 1,028 yards and eight touchdowns over the previous six seasons.

Since 2003, only two receivers have achieved those kind of numbers in a season for MinnesotaŚNate Burleson (68 receptions, 1,006 yards, nine touchdowns) in 2004 and Sidney Rice (83 receptions, 1,312, eight touchdowns) in 2009.
    Hmmm, only two 1000 yard WRs since Moss went over his first 6 years in a row. Ouch. Yup, been missing That.

But Jenning's age/injury history combo scares the hell out of me at the price he's asking.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Felton had zero carries and 3 receptions last year and made the pro bowl. His blocking played a significant role in Peterson's 2000+ yard season.
    He will be resigned.
    Loadholdt will be resigned as well for the right money. If we lose him in free agency Spielman will draft a replacement. Spielman will also have to pick up a replacement for Shwartz somewhere.
    I predict free agency will bring in a QB , wide receiver, back up utility type ofensive lineman, and perhaps a LB or CB.
    I also predict that none of them will be a big name established NFL player.
    Spielman likes to shop at Goodwill, Walmart, and the dollar store!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think you guys miss understood me. I don't think Felton is a premier FB. He did his job last year and made an amazing talent be an amazing talent. Is he a must sign and irreplaceable? No. The last couple of seasons we had dogshit blocking for AD and he was still AD. As it still stands he simply needs an above average FB to go banannas. Shown by playing behind an aging but still talented Richardson and now by a guy that was never....and i repeat never.... known as a good or great blocker. Not knocking him as a bad FB but lets call a spade a spade. The guy is an slightly above average run blocking FB and that's all Peterson needs; just a crack to take it for 6.

I think you guys miss understood me. I don't think Felton is a premier FB. He did his job last year and made an amazing talent be an amazing talent. Is he a must sign and irreplaceable? No. The last couple of seasons we had dogshit blocking for AD and he was still AD. As it still stands he simply needs an above average FB to go banannas. Shown by playing behind an aging but still talented Richardson and now by a guy that was never....and i repeat never.... known as a good or great blocker. Not knocking him as a bad FB but lets call a spade a spade. The guy is an slightly above average run blocking FB and that's all Peterson needs; just a crack to take it for 6.
    Fullback Felton unsung hero in Vikings offense

According to Pro Football Focus' grades this season, Felton is the second-best blocking fullback in the league this year, only behind Baltimore's Vonta Leach, who's been a Pro Bowler and first-team All-Pro the last two seasons.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast