Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Predicting the Roster

Quote Originally Posted by "HardcoreVikesFan" #1107032
    I feel like they need to give Brandon Burton more of a chance, I really have liked what I have seen from him and Sherels. Not overly impressed at all with Cook, but not ready to give up on him because, as we all saw last year, depth is an important factor in deciding how well a team can hold up during the course of a season.
    I see Burton making it for special teams in the beginning, but making an impact later on.

As for Cook, honestly it's impossible to say, the guy missed waaaaay too much time last season, he's essentially a rookie this eyar, just like Greenway was his second year. He's gonna get a chance to show what he can do. I like his athletic ability, and his raw skill, he's just gotta learn the NFL game. We saw him get toasted this preseason, but again, give him a bit of time. I hope he can be our #3, because he earned it, not gifted it; but he needs to do something.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105930
    Quote Originally Posted by "SoDakfan" #1105927
    Interested as to why you think there's no way they'll cut Berrian. I just don't see what he brings to the table, especially considering his cost. I know he restructed his contract, but that was before the emergence of Aromashodu, Iglesias, and Jaymar was apparent. Like most, I just don't get Berrian's allure ... he rarely gets separation and his hands are suspect. I can envision a Bobby Wade-type departure for him.
    Considering he was hurt most of last year, and favre had a god-awful year, his previous two years had been decent.

Two seasons ago he had something like 700 yards, the year before almost 1000. Now, not fantastic, but pretty solid for what he is.

Fraizer says he's going to be a huge part of our offense, and as long as he stays healthy, he can be. No, he's not a true #1 guy, not a go-to, but he's a playmaker, something we NEED. He's restructured to a fairly inexpensive contract.

To compare, you want to keep a guy like Cam, who has done literally nothing for us, Aromashodu, who didn't top 200 yards last year, or Iglasias, who hasn't played a pro snap yet?

Berrian is the safe bet. Iglasias hasn't really impressed a whole lot, Arceneaux I just can't see making the roster at all.
    Watching the cowboys game right now. Mcnabb and Berrian actually made a few connects. Cannot see us cutting him even though I hate him.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1107112
    Interested as to why you think there's no way they'll cut Berrian. I just don't see what he brings to the table, especially considering his cost. I know he restructed his contract, but that was before the emergence of Aromashodu, Iglesias, and Jaymar was apparent. Like most, I just don't get Berrian's allure ... he rarely gets separation and his hands are suspect. I can envision a Bobby Wade-type departure for him.
    Considering he was hurt most of last year, and favre had a god-awful year, his previous two years had been decent.

Two seasons ago he had something like 700 yards, the year before almost 1000. Now, not fantastic, but pretty solid for what he is.

Fraizer says he's going to be a huge part of our offense, and as long as he stays healthy, he can be. No, he's not a true #1 guy, not a go-to, but he's a playmaker, something we NEED. He's restructured to a fairly inexpensive contract.

To compare, you want to keep a guy like Cam, who has done literally nothing for us, Aromashodu, who didn't top 200 yards last year, or Iglasias, who hasn't played a pro snap yet?

Berrian is the safe bet. Iglasias hasn't really impressed a whole lot, Arceneaux I just can't see making the roster at all.
    Watching the cowboys game right now. Mcnabb and Berrian actually made a few connects. Cannot see us cutting him even though I hate him.
    I'll send you a purple bill in the mail if Berrian gets cut before week 4.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107114

Challenge accepted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1107120

Challenge accepted.
    Do you agree to return the favor?

I'll send you a tenner, gonna do the same if you lose?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107122

Challenge accepted.

DEAL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1107126

Challenge accepted.

DEAL.
    So to clarify, because you assholes love to twist words.

If Bernard Berrian gets cut before week 4, I'll send you $10 in the mail. If he lasts past week 4, you send me $10.

If he gets cut ON week 4? What happens?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1107128
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1107126

Challenge accepted.

DEAL.
    So to clarify, because you assholes love to twist words.

If Bernard Berrian gets cut before week 4, I'll send you $10 in the mail. If he lasts past week 4, you send me $10.

If he gets cut ON week 4? What happens?
    Or do you wanna make it week 4.5

Before, You win, after, I win.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

QB - Mcnabb, Webb, Ponder (3)

RB - Peterson, Gerhart, Booker (3)

WR - Berrian, Harvin, Jenkins, Aromashudu, Iglesias (5)

TE - Shiancoe, Rudolph, Jimmy, Dugan, Resiner (5)

OT - Johnson, Loadholt, Love (3)

OG - Herrera, Hutchinson, Cook, DeGeare (4)

C - Sullivan, Cooper (2)

DT - Williams, Ayodele, Guion, Evans, Ballard (5)

DE - Allen, Robison, Griffen, Awasom (4)

LB - EJ & Erin, Greenway, Farwell, Onatolu, Dean (6)

CB - Winfeild, Griffin, Cook, Allen, Sherels, Burton (6)

S - Abdullah, Sanford, Frampton, Raymond (4)

LS - Loefller

P - Kluwe

K - Longwell

I expect them to look to the waiver wire for backup linemen and linebacker help.

DeGrease has went from being the potential starter week 1 to a guy third on the depth chart behind Herrera and Cook. He has failed at playing tackle as well.

I do not believe they are satisfied with their linebacker depth at all. You do not start giving reps to a guy like Everson if you are content with your depth and I am sorry but guys Larry Dean and Herron doesn't cut it.

I like D'Imperio as a special teams guy but keeping him isn't worth the risk of losing Resiner, Sherels, or Burton. Though maybe management isn't as high on Burton.

I also like what I have seen from Stylez but with Ballard being able to play inside or outside I can't see them keeping 5 DE's.

I am going with Tyrell Johnson getting cut. Twice now he hasn't been able to take control of the starting job. I think they will cut their loses.

Going to add that I could see Camarillo making it over Iglasias due to his punt return ability. However with the way Musgrave uses heavy tight end sets I can't see Greg getting on the field when instead he could use Shancoe or Rudolph.

61Vikefan is offline Waterboy

I see that Tristan Davis has been waved. I expect him to be quickly signed by someone else.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_begin_to_downsize_roster_waive_running_bac k_Tristan_Davis090211
    None

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast