Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Predict the 2011/2012 season

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1094126
    Can't make a prediction without knowing who's going to be under center.

=Z=
    EXACLTY! the biggest question mark for the vikes is the guy who is supposed to be the best player. i'll give it a shot though

@ chargers L
    vs bucs L
    vs. Lions W
    @ Chiefs L
    vs Cards W
    @ Bears SNF W
    vs. Pack W
    @ Panthers W
    Bye
    @ Pack MNF L
    vs. Raiders W (homefield advantage gives us the edge)
    @ Falcons L
    vs. Broncos W
    @ Lions L
    vs. Saints W
    @ Redskins W (especially if we have McNabb)
    vs. Bears L

9-7 in this division (the lions are no longer the crap team we've come to konw the last few years, the bears are clicking with cutler and peppers added a heck of a lot to their defens, the packers won the superbowl but only because they got help to the playoffs and caught fire in during the post season) it will be tough to get a playoff spot. if they make the post season, it will be a wild card, but with this roster if they make the playoffs they could go deep.

God i pray no one gets hurt again, a bigger injury early on could completely destroy the season. it would have been a very different 2010 if rice hadn't missed 12 games...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm rolling with this guys predictions.

How you ask? Well, despite no one agreeing with my plan, I took the initiative and flew down to Jamaica today to consult with a local Voodoo Witch Doctor. While he was unable to help me figure out who would own the #1 pick in the 2012 draft, he did have a very interesting prophecy- the results of the 2011 season! And let me tell you, was he both uplifting in his visions, as well as quite detailed.

Fortunately for you, the DN faithful, I was scribbling down his words the entire time, and have come to share them with you. I will start with the regular season... the post season (yes, he even knew that!) will come later!
    Not Only Is The Schedule For 2011 Out... But So Are The Results!

JK, I thought some of it was pretty funny.

@ chargers W They start slower than a Childress coached team

vs bucs W Hard to pick this one, however, I think they will get off slow as well. Young QB, young team etc.

@vs. Lions W Lets see if they can keep Bradford upright against our new DL

@ Chiefs W Another hard one. If they don't get any WR help this year our secondary can shut them down especially when the new improved DL gets pressure on the QB after shutting the run down.

vs Cards W Their QB situation is worse than ours. Issues on the defensive side of the ball as well.

@ Bears SNF L I hate games that don't follow the normal schedule. So does this team.

vs. Pack L Damn PUKERS. Maybe by this time they will be injury riddled again and this time the backups won't come through for them.

@ Panthers W Our DL shows how to contain a cat like Newton. No sacks, just lots of hard hits after he gets to the line.

Bye

@ Pack MNF L Swept again. Damn.

vs. Raiders W Just barely though. They had a nice draft last year and some of those pieces will be clicking but it won't be enough.

@ Falcons L Gonna go with a loss, but only cause we are on the road. I think we are a bit more evenly matched than some think.

vs. Broncos W I'm hoping by this time they are trying Tebow and we rattle his cage just like we did Newtons.

@ Lions W Bradford won't be upright by this time of the year.

vs. Saints L Hate to say it, but I think they will add a nice RB out of this draft and will have improved their defense enough to stay at the top fo the NFC.

@ Redskins W Defense is a mess. QB is a mess. No WR's. We win this one easy, mostly cause I will be there. Already had the guy at work say I can come use one of his tickets with him.

vs. Bears W Makes us eligable for a playoff berth.

11-5/10-6 and I don't care who is under center if the following happens.

a. They sign a DT either as a FA or draft one of the top 4 from this draft to replace Phat Pat.

b. Cook and Griff are back healthy.

c. They resign Hussain.

d. They resign Rice.

e. They extend AD and EJ.

f. They resign Erin or move Jaspers to the Sam.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094152
    I'm rolling with this guys predictions.

How you ask? Well, despite no one agreeing with my plan, I took the initiative and flew down to Jamaica today to consult with a local Voodoo Witch Doctor. While he was unable to help me figure out who would own the #1 pick in the 2012 draft, he did have a very interesting prophecy- the results of the 2011 season! And let me tell you, was he both uplifting in his visions, as well as quite detailed.

Fortunately for you, the DN faithful, I was scribbling down his words the entire time, and have come to share them with you. I will start with the regular season... the post season (yes, he even knew that!) will come later!
    Not Only Is The Schedule For 2011 Out... But So Are The Results!

JK, I thought some of it was pretty funny.
    That's kinda awesome

@ chargers W They start slower than a Childress coached team

vs bucs W Hard to pick this one, however, I think they will get off slow as well. Young QB, young team etc.

@vs. Lions W Lets see if they can keep [strike]Bradford[/strike] Staffordupright against our new DL

@ Chiefs W Another hard one. If they don't get any WR help this year our secondary can shut them down especially when the new improved DL gets pressure on the QB after shutting the run down.

vs Cards W Their QB situation is worse than ours. Issues on the defensive side of the ball as well.

@ Bears SNF L I hate games that don't follow the normal schedule. So does this team.

vs. Pack L Damn PUKERS. Maybe by this time they will be injury riddled again and this time the backups won't come through for them.

@ Panthers W Our DL shows how to contain a cat like Newton. No sacks, just lots of hard hits after he gets to the line.

Bye

@ Pack MNF L Swept again. Damn.

vs. Raiders W Just barely though. They had a nice draft last year and some of those pieces will be clicking but it won't be enough.

@ Falcons L Gonna go with a loss, but only cause we are on the road. I think we are a bit more evenly matched than some think.

vs. Broncos W I'm hoping by this time they are trying Tebow and we rattle his cage just like we did Newtons.

@ Lions W [strike]Bradford[/strike] Staffordwon't be upright by this time of the year.

vs. Saints L Hate to say it, but I think they will add a nice RB out of this draft and will have improved their defense enough to stay at the top fo the NFC.

@ Redskins W Defense is a mess. QB is a mess. No WR's. We win this one easy, mostly cause I will be there. Already had the guy at work say I can come use one of his tickets with him.

vs. Bears W Makes us eligable for a playoff berth.

11-5/10-6 and I don't care who is under center if the following happens.

a. They sign a DT either as a FA or draft one of the top 4 from this draft to replace Phat Pat.

b. Cook and Griff are back healthy.

c. They resign Hussain.

d. They resign Rice.

e. They extend AD and EJ.

f. They resign Erin or move Jaspers to the Sam.
    Possible, but I'm curious why you think the Chiefs are in such rough shape receiver-wise. If Rice doesn't come back, they're in better shape than we are. Bowe is a beast, they have Chambers, Kevin Curtis and Dexter McCluster looks to be a nice multi-threat option, similar to Harvin.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

9-7 with a no name QB

6-10 with the oldest nfl non retired qb

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094156
    Possible, but I'm curious why you think the Chiefs are in such rough shape receiver-wise. If Rice doesn't come back, they're in better shape than we are. Bowe is a beast, they have Chambers, Kevin Curtis and Dexter McCluster looks to be a nice multi-threat option, similar to Harvin.
    Thanks for the Stafford/Bradford fix. I think its safe to say that I will never get kicked off of here for plagerism. :laugh:

As to your question:

Bowe 1162/Rice 280/1312 (2010/2009)
    Moeaki 556/Harvin 790
    Charles 468/BB 252/618 (2010/2009)
    Chambers 213/Shanc 566

I just like our group better. Numbers kindof bare that out if you take into account what Rice and Harvin did when they are on the field instead of off the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094161
    Thanks for the Stafford/Bradford fix. I think its safe to say that I will never get kicked off of here for plagerism. :laugh:

As to your question:

Moeaki 556/Harvin 790
    Chambers 213/Shanc 566

I just like our group better. Numbers kindof bare that out if you take into account what Rice and Harvin did when they are on the field instead of off the field.
    Also take into account what a 4000 yard passer can do for you. Well over half of Rice's career stats came in one season under Favre. Harvin had a great rookie season because we had a QB who could make all the throws. Shank lit it up in 09, because Favre was on his game. Cassel isn't a dominating QB. He doesn't take over a game, and he doesn't make all the throws. He is a guy you can trust to not turn the ball over and move the chains. Yes, our lineup of Rice, Harvin, BB, Shank is better than Bowe, Moeaki, Charles and Chambers, but Rice being here next season is anything but certain. Assuming Rice leaves, we're no better off. and with a Rookie QB, even less so.

Bowe is a very good player, looks alot like Rice. He never really had exceptional numbers because he never really had a decent QB. (Cassell is still very overrated IMO)
    When healthy, Bowe has put up seasons of 995/5TDs, 1022/7td's and 1162/15tds. He's proven far more than Rice has on a far worse team. He was hurt his third season, and only put up 589 yards in 9 games (on pace for over 1000 again).

Rice on the other hand had a 1300 yard season, due to a good combo of some great throws from Favre, some incredible catches by Rice, and Harvin/Shank tearing it up everywhere else.

Harvin is better than any other receiver they have, but I look to see the rookie McCluster have a nice season himself this year. Maybe not 1000 yards or anything, but I think 500 yards receiving, and maybe another 2-300 rushing with a handful of touchdowns. He's like a mini-Harvin.

Berrian/Chambers is a wash IMO. Chambers can catch, and is a bigger frame than Berrian is. however, he's getting older and banged up. Berrian doesn't seem to do much either.

Unless somebody steps up and starts playing QB for us, I would not be surprised to see the Chiefs outpass us next season.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

We have so many unknowns this year... who our QB will be, what free agents we lose... I have a hard time even guessing what the team is going to be like this year.

This lockout REALLY sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094174
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094161

As to your question:

Moeaki 556/Harvin 790
    Chambers 213/Shanc 566

Also take into account what a 4000 yard passer can do for you. Well over half of Rice's career stats came in one season under Favre. Harvin had a great rookie season because we had a QB who could make all the throws. Shank lit it up in 09, because Favre was on his game.
    That stuff again? Shanc had just a productive of a year pre Noodle as he did 2009 Noodle and why in the heck, if the only reason the recievers had such a good year in 2009 didn't they recievers (that were on the field) have just as good a season in 2010?

You had a 4000 yard passer under Center. Same RB that was "Forcing" (as you contend) the defense to stack the box.

Going off that logic, it shouldn't have matter who/what recievers were on the field in 2010 then.

Cassel isn't a dominating QB. He doesn't take over a game, and he doesn't make all the throws. He is a guy you can trust to not turn the ball over and move the chains. Yes, our lineup of Rice, Harvin, BB, Shank is better than Bowe, Moeaki, Charles and Chambers, but Rice being here next season is anything but certain. Assuming Rice leaves, we're no better off. and with a Rookie QB, even less so.
    I said I like our recievers better than theirs. You asked why, I told you.

Again, you didn't put in the caveat that Rice might leave. Current planning factor for me is that Rice is tendered, thus he should/could be on the roster. When that changes then I will adjust my comment.

Right now I like ours better than theirs.

Bowe is a very good player, looks alot like Rice. He never really had exceptional numbers because he never really had a decent QB. (Cassell is still very overrated IMO)
    When healthy, Bowe has put up seasons of 995/5TDs, 1022/7td's and 1162/15tds. He's proven far more than Rice has on a far worse team. He was hurt his third season, and only put up 589 yards in 9 games (on pace for over 1000 again).

Rice on the other hand had a 1300 yard season, due to a good combo of some great throws from Favre, some incredible catches by Rice, and Harvin/Shank tearing it up everywhere else.

Harvin is better than any other receiver they have, but I look to see the rookie McCluster have a nice season himself this year. Maybe not 1000 yards or anything, but I think 500 yards receiving, and maybe another 2-300 rushing with a handful of touchdowns. He's like a mini-Harvin.

Berrian/Chambers is a wash IMO. Chambers can catch, and is a bigger frame than Berrian is. however, he's getting older and banged up. Berrian doesn't seem to do much either.
    All good stuff. My "Facts" (I'm loving the fact game we are now playing) still apply though....

Moeaki 556/Harvin 790
    Chambers 213/Shanc 566

.......everything else is just assumptions, opinions and conjecture. You and Caine don't play that game any more.

Unless somebody steps up and starts playing QB for us, I would not be surprised to see the Chiefs outpass us next season.
    Even with our new QB I suspect alot of teams will outpass us. Remember what our new HC said. He is going to get back to running the ball first.

That last sentence, I will wait for you and Caines input, sounds like a fact to me. :P

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

16-0

Every year this is my prediction and damnit I better be right one of these years.

I actually thought the schedule was weak when I first heard it.

Every game I have brought my wife to the Vikes have won. I am trying my ass off to talk her into season tickets. I do have a secret fund she dont know about yet and I am getting close. Wish me luck.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1094126
    Can't make a prediction without knowing who's going to be under center.

=Z=
    1 - I predict the ball will be under the center, center will move the ball back to (end of that prediction)

2 Bryant McKinnie will be bigger and slower due to the lack of mini camp and/or shorten training conditioning and will do something stupid when he has had a few drinks and too much spare time on his hands

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast