Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Pre-week 2 Thoughts

Thoughts on how players have played this far? I know its preseason, but some of my thoughts:

Offense:

Favre: Not enough plays. Didn't expect much, and got just that

TJ: Oh god, where do I begin. Still looks lost, can't make a decision, and makes stupid throws.

Sage: Looked ok first game, not enough this game. My choice for #2 so far.

Webb: Like the physical attributes, but still very raw. I'd like to keep him on the team. He can be an interesting prospect

OL: Piss poor, and I mean, just ate asparagus, drank all night, and now you're dehydrated and rocking a smelly deep yellow piss. McKinnie can't block, Sullivan can't block, Loadholt is having issues, Herrerra can't block. Only one I haven't seen anything specifically bad happen to is Hutch.

DL: Meh, and that's being generous. Not getting pressure on the first team offense, Our depth does show late in the game, as we overwhelm 3rd string OL's (yay?)

LB: Was impressed to see EJ out there. Still looks a bit slow, but being out there is huge. Otherwise, not much bad to say.

Secondary: Our secondary sucks. No ifs ands or butts. We can't cover. Hopefully this gets fixed soon

Lloyd: Can't do what we brought him in to do? He's gone.

Longwell: Kicks off inside the 5 most of the time, and dynamite on field goals. Keep him

Kluwe: Looks pretty good.

Coverage: Up and down. A few breakdowns that need to be fixed, which I think will come with time, once they get a final roster set.

Longsnapper: Just kidding, nobody watches the longsnapper. Is it still Loeffler?

Reynaud: I like him as a returner, but not as a back. Play him as a Harvin type player. He's more effective that way.

Albert Young: Cut him please?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Pre-week 2 Thoughts

You are so hard on our team.

Favre: God.
    Tjoke: Sucks. But did not have any blocking today. When he got long enough to throw the ball, they come out nice.
    Sage: Sucks. #3 qb
    Webb: Sexy run, please practice roster him.
    OL: Yes. Garbage today. This week of practice better be good and get them ready for a full half in week 3.
    DL: Starters have not played enough together to judge, but the depth is sick.
    LB: Deep here too. EJ on the field gives me a chubby. Brinkley still hits like a truck. He was in on almost every play. If EJ cannot, Brinkley can take 40% of the snaps in the 4-3 and I am real happy.
    Secondary: I like them as a unit, but needs Griffin and need to find his replacement if he is not ready week 1 quickly. Cook is a player. Learn to like him, because I already do.
    Kickers: Who gives a shit. But Kluwe was hitting the piss out of the ball.
    Reynaud: Agreed. 100%. Weird.
    Young: Agreed. 100%. Weirdx2
    We're bringing purple back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't know about practice Squad for Webb, not sure he'd make it. I can imagine some team scooping him up.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Agreed on Reynaud. Young was disappointing....

I think I liked Gerhart more this week... more decisive, better cuts... but still not overwhelming. I'm unimpressed thus far but he does catch the ball.

Cook = impressive.

#1 OL needs to play against #1 DL. All the damn time. Wake the hell up boys, it's football season.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Not much to say that has not already been said.

EJ made some nice plays out there. Cook is the real deal. Much needed 1st round CB pick. Gerhart needs to show more. We are going to miss Chester!

Chris Clark is aweful. Wasn't this one of Marrdros guys?

Safety play is non existent. Sad. Some guys hacked on Sharper for bad angles but these guys are sickening.

All I have to say is thank god Favre is back.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Safety play is non existent. Sad. Some guys hacked on Sharper for bad angles but these guys are sickening.

All I have to say is thank god Favre is back.
    Don't hate on our safeties too much. Williams can hit and is actually a solid player. Johnson is just good enough and might make plays but I dunno.

And Favre needs blocking to stay off his back.
    We're bringing purple back.

purpledoom is offline Starter

I actually thought TJ didn't look that bad. Sage,..well not so much last night. The oline..cripes, they gotta step it up, Favre ain't gonna run like TJ or fight off tackles like Webb. How anyone can find too much fault with the dline or linebackers I don't know. Secondary..I have hope it will come together this season.

jonboy is offline Waterboy

Clark at left tackle looked horrible, his feet are slow, guys were blowing by him all night. The vikes have work to do on the offensive line. Tarvarius Jackson cannot make a decision to save his life...the kid looks lost and when he makes his first step to avoid any kind of pressure...it usually puts him in a worse situation...the kid has athletic ability, i just dont believe he has the mental aspect to ever work out as a quality NFL qb. Joe Webb s explosive!! Did you see his acceleration burst of speed...when he decided to take off for that big TD run....man it was over in a hurry...Granted it was playing against the niners scrums, but you cant teach speed...or athletic ability...he has got both. He will never make it to the practice squad if thats the vikes plans. Gotta figure a way to keep him....he is a good receiver and if they decide to keep Jackson then you got to try him there like was originally planned.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

I guess Im in the minority that thought TJack did a half decent job last night. He was under a lot of pressure because our OL never showed up and got rid of the ball when he had to. Sage is okay, but Id keep TJack as our #2 and groom Webb as a possible future QB.

And AP looked great, good to see him make a catch and hold on to the ball. If he plays like that all season well own the running game this year.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I loved the TD run by Joe Webb!
    The Vikings can't take the risk to waive him. Honestly, I saw a lot of potentials in Tarvaris Jackson when we drafted him, but Joe Webb makes Tarvaris look like Brad Johnson. Webb is much bigger, athletic, and faster than Tarvaris. Considering Tarvaris was drafted in the second round, Webb looks like a real steal.

And for those who criticize the quarterbacks. The offensive line is the one to blame, but I ain't worried. It's preseason.
    They made Sage Rosenfels look real good the week before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast