Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pre-Draft NFCN Season Predictions

"arialassault84" wrote:
    7-9 get our ass waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.
    Childress came in and cleaned house. Got rid of all the Stars and replaced them with a bunch of losers. He's a man on an EGO TRIP and someone needs to POP his Huge HEAD! He will become the biggest joke in the NFL.
    Superbowl or not Tice's team was fun to watch.
    Maybe i am wrong but if I'm not their will be a long running joke about Czar Childress.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.
    wha?

dude. A bunch of losers?

go back to the raidersboard!

Go vikes!!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"arialassault84" wrote:
    7-9 get our jiggly butt waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.
    Childress came in and cleaned house. Got rid of all the Stars and replaced them with a bunch of losers. He's a man on an EGO TRIP and someone needs to POP his Huge HEAD! He will become the biggest joke in the NFL.
    Maybe i am wrong but if I'm not their will be a long running joke about Czar Childress.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

Okay...we may not have as good a season as some are predicting (12-4, 11-5), but lay off the Hate-orade, arial...LOL We were on a constant rollercoaster with Daunte & Co. It had it's highs and lows, but never quite reached the highest high due to inconsistency from one part of the team or another, be it at the QB position, Defense, or the coaching staff.

This team needed an enema, and that's what they got. I, for one, am excited to see how things pan out.

I predict a bumpy road for us (at least for the first quarter or half of the season) while everyone gets accustomed to their new surroundings and teammates.

Vikings 10-6
    Bears 8-8
    Lions 8-8
    Packers 6-10

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"arialassault84" wrote:
    7-9 get our jiggly butt waxed by Pepp and the Phins, Scottie and the Rams, Moss and the Raiders. Three years from were talking anout how big of a mistake Childress was.

I hate the WC OFFENSE.
    Maybe you are wrong? Are you kidding me? I hope the long running joke is about the PLAYER lovin' arialassault84. Those of us that are fans of the TEAM can see that what Childress is doing is what is best for the team. It may not work out as well as we hope, but we didn't win shiite with either of our "star" players anyway. While I think we would be a better offense with Moss, Culpepper is addition by subtraction. WHile he has talent and can win you games, the fact that he is a headcase will probably prevent him from winning and LEADING a team to the promise land. Maybe you should start spending your time over at the Phins and Radiers boards. I am not saying people shouldn't be realistic, but if you hate everything about the team..... get off the FAN site.

Thanks Lotza!

Jeremy is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    5-11

New coaching staff means new system for everyone to learn. We get swept by the Bears, win 3 of 4 against Lions/Packers. Lose at home to Arizona, Rams, Pats, Panthers on the road to the Seaducks, Bills, Fins and Monday night against the Skins in the opener.
    :shock: NFW
    Cardnals bought a running game. They couldn't scrore in the redzone. Edge fixes that for them. Defensively and offensively they are a better team.

The Rams are light years ahead of us on offense. They bought a defense this offseason.

The Pats were a playoff team last year. The Vikes were not.

Buffolo is not an easy place to play for a dome team.

Maimi went from 4-12 to 9-7 with Saben in one year. They actually have a decent QB now who's two months ahead of scedule on rehab.
    In our worst years we went 5-11.

You are factoring in all theses teams gunk, what about ours?

-We have a healthy Birk

-We have a All Pro Guard

-We have a QB who does not fumble every 8th play.

-We have a guy that can carry the ball 25 times a game.

-We added a quality player in the secondary.
    The right side of the line is still not fixed.

Johnson won't lose games for you but he's not going to beat you with his arm either. We will have a very conserative offense that will lack the ability to bring us back from behind. It works great if your winning to hand it off and dump the ball to the TE but when your losing it's worthless.

Taylor has been a career backup and he's 213 lbs. I'm not sure if 25 carries a game suits him.

We added a quility player in the seconday and lost one as well. Who's the nickle back? Ralph Brown?

"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    5-11

New coaching staff means new system for everyone to learn. We get swept by the Bears, win 3 of 4 against Lions/Packers. Lose at home to Arizona, Rams, Pats, Panthers on the road to the Seaducks, Bills, Fins and Monday night against the Skins in the opener.
    :shock: NFW
    Cardnals bought a running game. They couldn't scrore in the redzone. Edge fixes that for them. Defensively and offensively they are a better team.

The Rams are light years ahead of us on offense. They bought a defense this offseason.

The Pats were a playoff team last year. The Vikes were not.

Buffolo is not an easy place to play for a dome team.

Maimi went from 4-12 to 9-7 with Saben in one year. They actually have a decent QB now who's two months ahead of scedule on rehab.
    The Cardinals did buy a running back but they need someone to block for him.

The Rams are no better than the Vikes on offense, probably not as good as the Vikes. We just bought an Offense that will pound the ball up any teams gut.

The Pats lost some key players; the only savior for them is their coach.

Buffalo is in total disarray with their players and coaching staff.

Miami will be hot and cold. I don't think DC will be 100% by the start of the season.

Vikings 10-6; Maybe 11-5 if Childress is real smart with the team’s strengths.
    Rams were 9th in total offense and the Vikes were 25th. They have 7 guys on offense that could come in and start for us. Bulger, Jackson, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Ogden and Timmerman.

Pats still have Brady.

Culpepper at 80% is better than Ferotte at 100%

"damien927" wrote:
    "arialassault84" wrote:

I hate the WC OFFENSE.
    Maybe you are wrong? Are you kidding me? I hope the long running joke is about the PLAYER lovin' arialassault84. Those of us that are fans of the TEAM can see that what Childress is doing is what is best for the team. It may not work out as well as we hope, but we didn't win shiite with either of our "star" players anyway. While I think we would be a better offense with Moss, Culpepper is addition by subtraction. WHile he has talent and can win you games, the fact that he is a headcase will probably prevent him from winning and LEADING a team to the promise land. Maybe you should start spending your time over at the Phins and Radiers boards. I am not saying people shouldn't be realistic, but if you hate everything about the team..... get off the FAN site.
    He has a point though. Even when we were losing the team was fun to watch. Culpepper to Moss kept everyone glued to the games. If we don't win now what is going to keep everyone glued to the games? Johnson to Robinson? Barf.

I too would rather see winning over a bunch of scoring, but if they don't win this year there isn't much to keep the casual fan's interest. They are setting themselves up for a possible disaster.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"arialassault84" wrote:

I hate the WC OFFENSE.

It was so exciting going 5 - 11, 6 - 10, 9 -7, 8 -8, 9 - 7

Making the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 years.

0 Division titles, 0 Conference titles and 0 Superbowl's.

It was exciting!

Give me ho hum and a Superbowl win, and I will take that over exciting every day of the frickin week!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

The right side of the line is still not fixed.

Johnson won't lose games for you but he's not going to beat you with his arm either. We will have a very conserative offense that will lack the ability to bring us back from behind. It works great if your winning to hand it off and dump the ball to the TE but when your losing it's worthless.

Taylor has been a career backup and he's 213 lbs. I'm not sure if 25 carries a game suits him.

We added a quility player in the seconday and lost one as well. Who's the nickle back? Ralph Brown?
    The right side of the line is not that big of an issue. Marcus Johnson really came on last year, and will be a solid starter at tackle. The guard position is a little bit more up in the air, but out of Liwienski, Goldberg, and Herrera, one of them will step up. They may not be Pro Bowl caliber players, but there's going to be three Probowlers on this line already.

Brad Johnson win games. He went 7 - 2 last year, with a line nowhere near as talented as this one, and less skill at the running back position. He will continue to win games this year.

Tiki Barber - 200
    Warrick Dunn - 180
    Marshall Faulk - 211
    Priest Holmes - 213 ( And a 'career backup' for Baltimore until he went to KC )
    Clinton Portis - 212
    Cadillac Williams - 217

Clearly, by your logic, none of these guys can carry the ball 25 times per game either.

The nickel back at the moment is probabaly Devonte Edwards. He played well last year for an undrafted free agent. I do agree with you on this one though, a veteran corner would be nice to play behind Smoot and Winfield.

I'm not trying to say we will go 12 - 4 or 13 - 3 next season, but I think you are underestimating this team a bit.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Rams were 9th in total offense and the Vikes were 25th. They have 7 guys on offense that could come in and start for us. Bulger, Jackson, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, Ogden and Timmerman.

Pats still have Brady.

Culpepper at 80% is better than Ferotte at 100%
    I don't agree that Bulger, Jackson, and Curtis would all start for us. Bulger is a turnover machine, and has never really impressed me that much. Jackson is good, but I'm just not 100% sold on him, although that's just my opinion. As for Curtis, I would rather have Williamson, K. Robinson, Taylor, or M. Robinson over him. As good as Ogden is, I was extremely impressed with McKinnie last season, and am glad he is our left tackle.

The Patriots game is going to be a tough one, but I will not be surprised if the Vikes pull out a win. I also won't be surprised if the Pats dominate the game and win by 30 points. Could go either way I think. I feel pretty much the same way about the Dolphins.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

This to me is fun. All the Optimists pile on the "realist" pessimists. Is there really a reason to be optimistic?

We have a completely rookie coaching team (at their present position), Rookie Gm, and a triad of a power ladder, that spells TROUBLE to me. No one is going to be responsible. No one is going to be in control. Kinda like having no OC for a year.

The worst part is, we have 56 players learning new schemes. Talent is nice, but, no matter how talented if they have no clue what they are doing....they are gonna suck. Supposedly it takes 3 years to learn the WC offense. Not one.

My guess is, we are 3rd in the division, with a 8-8 best possible, and a 5-11 worst. IF Childress is going to part the red sea, turn water to wine, and pull a rabbit outta his...... like everyone seems to thingk, then ya' we could be 9 - 7. I haven't seen anything to impress me yet. He hasn't handled his players well, yet, that I have seen. Just sent them packing. Who cant do that?

New coaching staff completely, new QB, new OC, DC, ST coach, new offense, new defense, new line, new DB's, new you name it. That is called rebuilding folks. Usually, it sucks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast