Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Biggs is offline Rookie

Pray for Robert Ferguson

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You never like to see that, even if it is the Pack.
    Here is the latest on Mr. Fergusen...My prayers are with you brother!!!

Packers WR Robert Ferguson to stay in hospital, recovering from hit

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson will stay in the hospital at least one more night as he recovers from the clothesline hit by Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius.

Ferguson got a concussion and was temporarily paralysed below the waist when he was hit Sunday. He regained feeling and movement on his way to the hospital, where he was kept overnight.

Coach Mike Sherman said Monday that Ferguson had weakness in his arms but was in good spirits when he visited him Sunday night. He didn't know if Ferguson was up and walking around Monday.

AFC spokesman Steve Alic said the league would look at the hit - the NFL reviews every play of every game, anyway - and that any fine, if appropriate, would likely come down Friday. A suspension could be handed out at any time.

Darius swept in after Ferguson's leaping 31-yard grab of Brett Favre's pass at midfield. Darius hit the defenceless Ferguson across the neck, stunning the crowd and infuriating the Packers with 4:41 left in their 28-25 loss to the Jaguars.

Darius, who was ejected, defended his hit as non-intentional and said he was trying to jar the ball loose.

Ferguson gave a thumbs-up as he left the field on a stretcher.

"He's a great kid," Sherman said. "For him to put a thumbs-up to the crowd on his way off the field knowing that he couldn't move his toes . . . special guy."
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

"Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

"behold the power of cheese!"

Pray for Robert Ferguson

What's the source of that article?
    GO PACKERS!

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Pray for Robert Ferguson

I never seen him laugh....Like I said...they get payed money to play a game....I wouldnt feel to sorry for him...Maybe if he died or got paralyzed....

I mean I played with two guys who had to be carried off the feild because of stingers and stuff like that....But they arent/werent getting payed to play.....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Pray for Robert Ferguson

Yeah we shouldn't feel for a cop that gets shot in the line of duty. After all, he's getting paid.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Pray for Robert Ferguson

Wow people need to lay of Hovan. Yes it was a cheap hit, uncalled for with no place in the game...
    Ferguson is recovering and I hope he gets better after the playoffs.

Maybe Darius was swinging to knock the ball out, I doubt it but we don't know.

This sh*t happens all the time, which I believe is all Hovan was saying. Then everyone gets their panties in a twist and starts calling him a pus bucket becuase he realizes there is more violence in the world than an unsportsmanlike hit in football.

I hope the injury isn't serious and I feel for him, but honestly how much sympathy am a supposed to feel for a millionaire I havn't even met?

Sh*t, people are dying everyday...and yet somehow... life goes on.

PS: Pacmaxxxi, nobody agrees with anything you say on this site, stop saying people are "on your side". Take a poll, then maybe you can talk.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Pray for Robert Ferguson

hmm, really Italian.... apparently you havent been around the past few days huh
    3 Straight Division Champs

Del Rio Guest

Pray for Robert Ferguson

"jackyl" wrote:
    Yeah we shouldn't feel for a cop that gets shot in the line of duty. After all, he's getting paid.

yeah maybe this comparison would hold water if he was accidentaly shot by another cop from a diferent agency

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Pray for Robert Ferguson

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:

yeah maybe this comparison would hold water if he was accidentaly shot by another cop from a diferent agency
    They both do a job, get paid and know the risks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345