Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Practice Squad???

    "zindulee" wrote:
    The practice squad is full.

    Today the Vikings brought back Daniels and RB Arkee Whitlock and signed them to the practice squad. S Tyler Everett, OL Seppo Evwaraye and WR Joel Filani were also added to the practice squad.

    Daniels and Whitlock originally signed with the Vikings as rookie free agents in May and were with the team during training camp. Everett entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Denver Broncos in 2006, and then spent the first 13 weeks of the season on the Chicago Bears practice squad before he moved up to their active roster for the final four weeks of the season and played in three games. Filani was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the sixth round (188th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.
    Filani???
    What about Jason Carter?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Practice Squad???

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:
    The practice squad is full.

    Today the Vikings brought back Daniels and RB Arkee Whitlock and signed them to the practice squad. S Tyler Everett, OL Seppo Evwaraye and WR Joel Filani were also added to the practice squad.

    Daniels and Whitlock originally signed with the Vikings as rookie free agents in May and were with the team during training camp. Everett entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Denver Broncos in 2006, and then spent the first 13 weeks of the season on the Chicago Bears practice squad before he moved up to their active roster for the final four weeks of the season and played in three games. Filani was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the sixth round (188th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.
    Filani???
    What about Jason Carter?
    that is bull i would much rather have Carter then Filani. If that Evwaraye guy dosnt count against our p squad we need to bring Carter back!! I still think this guy can be a good player

  3. #23
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Practice Squad???

    Maybe we sign Thigpen to the active roster

    Hell its the third string QB anyways like he will do anything but hold the clipboard all game. We don't need topay Bollinger to do that.

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Practice Squad???

    "Garland" wrote:
    Maybe we sign Thigpen to the active roster

    Hell its the third string QB anyways like he will do anything but hold the clipboard all game. We don't need topay Bollinger to do that.
    Thigpen was already signed by Kansas City
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Practice Squad???

    "C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Maybe we sign Thigpen to the active roster

    Hell its the third string QB anyways like he will do anything but hold the clipboard all game. We don't need topay Bollinger to do that.
    Thigpen was already signed by Kansas City
    Correct, but if the sign him from KC practice squad which I thought he was on(I may be wrong). He can be signed to our active roster.

  6. #26
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Practice Squad???

    "singersp" wrote:
    "zindulee" wrote:

    The practice squad is full.
    Still room for one more according to my article. With Seppo included, we get 9 spots.

    Martin Nance
    Conrad Bolston
    Chad Johnson
    Brian Daniels
    Tyler Everett
    Joel Filani
    Arkee Whitlock
    Seppo Evwaraye
    You are 100% correct Singer. One more can be signed yet and I don't think Carter has been taken by anyone else.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #27
    zindulee's Avatar
    zindulee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Practice Squad???

    Correct, but if the sign him from KC practice squad which I thought he was on(I may be wrong). He can be signed to our active roster.
    Thigpen was claimed on waivers and is on KC's active roster not their practice squad.

  8. #28
    zindulee's Avatar
    zindulee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    Re: Practice Squad???

    Still room for one more according to my article. With Seppo included, we get 9 spots.
    Correct. According to Vikings.com there is still one spot open on the practice squad.

  9. #29
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Practice Squad???

    what is going on with Carter?
    he had some great catches.. and seemed to really connect with Tjack..

    i don't know what happend in practice, or what the coaches might have seen.. but damn.. i'm shocked he's not on that list.


    who knows.. maybe they found some things that we havn't seen?
    maybe his routes were wrong..

    i'd like to know what's up before i bring the thunder down on loosing JC!!

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  10. #30
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Practice Squad???


    I'd like to see G. Blue brought back, maybe a LB'er to fill out our practice squad. Has Jason Carter been grabbed? He would be another guy we might want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Practice Squad
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
  2. Practice Squad
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. The Practice Squad- How does it work?
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM
  4. Practice Squad
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
  5. PRACTICE SQUAD
    By finnishvikingsfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 01:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •