Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    Also, when you check airline fares also look at flying into Akron/Canton.
    It is a lot smaller and you get in and out with ease.
    Sometimes it is a lot cheaper as well.

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=51446.msg934769#msg934769 date=1239811444]
    If one were driving to Ohio from Minnesota(800miles), they could make a slight detour(50miles) on the way back and catch the Detroit game the following sunday. It would be a longer trip, but what a way to start off the season.
    So are you down to do that?
    ;D
    possibly, depends largely on finances as I can take time off with out much problem.
    I was also looking at Carolina with a stop in Chicago on the way back, but that trip would go over Christmas, I don't know how I feel about that.
    No way in hell I would drive to Carolina.
    Bring some reefer and time flies. It's only 1200 miles from here, even closer for you. Plus if you get 2 games in it's only like 600 for each.
    ;D
    2500 miles/ 35mpg=71.42gallons x $2.00 = $142.85/2 people $72 each. Can't fly for that, especially to 2 cities.
    I was seriously considering the 1700 miles to Arizona.
    ;D
    You guys should come to Arizona.
    [/quote]

    There is a reasonable chance I get to that game.
    I just won't be driving no matter where I go (except GB or CHI).
    Flights are cheap now thanks to Southwest @ MSP and I can only be gone for so long with 2 kiddies in the house and a wife with apparently no desire to go to an away game.

  3. #23
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    When you fellas go to Cleveland for the game I would suggest taking a trip to what the locals call the flats.

    You wont be dissapointed.

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    When you fellas go to Cleveland for the game I would suggest taking a trip to what the locals call the flats.

    You wont be dissapointed.
    Actually you will be disappointed.

    The flats is all but dead and empty now.

    Cleveland is still dying.

  5. #25
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    When you fellas go to Cleveland for the game I would suggest taking a trip to what the locals call the flats.

    You wont be dissapointed.
    Actually you will be disappointed.

    The flats is all but dead and empty now.

    Cleveland is still dying.
    I see you're putting your guns to use then eh?
    ;D

  6. #26
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    When you fellas go to Cleveland for the game I would suggest taking a trip to what the locals call the flats.

    You wont be dissapointed.
    Actually you will be disappointed.

    The flats is all but dead and empty now.

    Cleveland is still dying.
    Maybe Lebron and the Cavs will perk the city back up, if they can come through this year.

    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  7. #27
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    Just looked up airfare for the Cleveland game.
    Direct flights from MSP to PIT are going for $140 right now R/T!
    (plus tax so $160.)

    Only catch is your flying into Pittsburgh which is a good 2 hour drive but still.
    You'd be driving right through Canton on your way to Clevetown.




  8. #28
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Just looked up airfare for the Cleveland game.
    Direct flights from MSP to PIT are going for $140 right now R/T!
    (plus tax so $160.)

    Only catch is your flying into Pittsburgh which is a good 2 hour drive but still.
    You'd be driving right through Canton on your way to Clevetown.



    Ask permission to your wife before making any plan
    :P
    El underdog.

  9. #29
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "El" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Just looked up airfare for the Cleveland game.
    Direct flights from MSP to PIT are going for $140 right now R/T!
    (plus tax so $160.)

    Only catch is your flying into Pittsburgh which is a good 2 hour drive but still.
    You'd be driving right through Canton on your way to Clevetown.



    Ask permission to your wife before making any plan
    :P
    Funny you mention that...I called her all excited right when I found the cheap airfare and she was just like "yeah.......sounds like a good trip for you and the guys".
    WTF?
    How can you not want to take a cheap weekend trip somewhere, even if it is someplace as shitty as Cleveland.

    Then she tells me "funny you called"...I've been looking up trips to Mexico and the Bahamas all morning...".
    My thoughts: Why would we want to go to Mexico?
    The Vikings don't play any games there!
    I'd rather get 2 birds with one stone by gonig someplace where we can watch the Vikes, and I've never been overly impressed with the beach scene.

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: PPO party in Ultraland?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Just looked up airfare for the Cleveland game.
    Direct flights from MSP to PIT are going for $140 right now R/T!
    (plus tax so $160.)

    Only catch is your flying into Pittsburgh which is a good 2 hour drive but still.
    You'd be driving right through Canton on your way to Clevetown.



    Ask permission to your wife before making any plan
    :P
    Funny you mention that...I called her all excited right when I found the cheap airfare and she was just like "yeah.......sounds like a good trip for you and the guys".
    WTF?
    How can you not want to take a cheap weekend trip somewhere, even if it is someplace as shitty as Cleveland.

    Then she tells me "funny you called"...I've been looking up trips to Mexico and the Bahamas all morning...".
    My thoughts: Why would we want to go to Mexico?
    The Vikings don't play any games there!
    I'd rather get 2 birds with one stone by gonig someplace where we can watch the Vikes, and I've never been overly impressed with the beach scene.
    not to mention they'll kill you in mexico...
    Your much safer (well, maybe not in this lake), and save much more money just taking a swim in lake erie while your in cleveland.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 Party Colleges
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 06:18 PM
  2. House party
    By crazyB in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 10:31 PM
  3. Who's going to the draft party!!!!!
    By raginghelga914 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
  4. A little late for the party
    By WarriorLoki in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 02:11 AM
  5. party on
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2002, 10:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •