Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Powers: Minnesota Vikings' Anthony Herrera now cool, calm and successful

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Well marr i highly doubt the future of Cook and Herrera together, Herrera hasn't been playing all that much, and Cook is
    having a disappointing season so far. of course we all hope that they are improving but i'm not sold on both...
    Maybe if they show the last 8 games what they are worth, we'll see
    I hear ya my friend.
    Disappinting is probably a hard stance seeings as how relatively in-experienced they both are.

Hell, Cook played C in college and he is starting at RT in the NFL his second year.

Suffice it to say, that if both of them were seasoned Vets I would be a bit harder on them, but gol 'darnit, they have faced some very good players on the other side of the line and are getting an education like no other.

Sure we have saw some bonehead plays this year, however, I think that the future is bright on the right side my friend.
    I know, but what i do find is that you can expect better play from your starting players.
    Cook is inexperienced indeed but if he wants to keep playing the starting RT he'll have to improve i rather get a veteran in FA next year. again, i hope they pan out but i've got a hard head in it and hopefully they prove me wrong
    You know me, ever the optimist.
    I think they are going to keep on improving.
    I would like to increase the depth at the OL with a better swing man than what we have, who can play G and T though.
    Agreed, depth is critical torwards the end of the season but let Herrera show me today that he'll be alright and my optimism about him will only grow

Today will be a great challenge for our young right side, and it will be a good barometer for how much Cook, and Herrera have improved, I always liked Herrera from when Tice brought him in, and his physical style now "controlled", Cooks feet coming underneath him we mignt get that extra time needed to get a down field play with a pass. We need to draft or find in FA next year some dept or immediate impact o-linemen, preferably drafting a monster in the first or second round.

DC

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Powers: Minnesota Vikings' Anthony Herrera now cool, calm and successful

He's playing at a high level right now. To bad I can't say that about Cook, cause he sucks. I think he's an upgrade over "Can't pick up the blitz" Hicks. Keep up the good work Herrera!!! 8)

ALL DAY!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12