vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

Power Blitz: Preseason Rankings

We're at the midpoint of the preseason and after reading dozens of other sports writers power rankings, I felt like it was time that I came up with my own power blitz. If you haven't noticed, I'm not as high on the Giants and Packers as everyone else. I'm thinking those 2 teams will struggle in the upcoming season. Below are my thoughts on the NFC North. You can find the full rankings here - http://www.vikingsblitz.com/coming-a...-rankings.html

Here's my take on the NFC North:

8. Vikings – The Vikings have improved on both sides of the ball and could become a serious contender this year. On offense, Berrian will be able to provide a deep threat and help stop defenses from stacking the box. On defense, Allen will help rush the passer which the Vikings haven’t seen in years.

13. Packers – The Packers have a tough defense, but I feel that this season falls on the shoulders of Rodgers. If he can play well, then they should be good. Only thing is that his offensive line hasn’t held up for very long this preseason and he’s already taken some punches. If this continues, he’s not going to be on the field very long. Then who’s up next? Two rookies with no experience? This could be a very interesting season in Green Bay.

26. Lions – The Lions really need to figure out what they’re doing and where they’re going. The team has a decent quarterback and two good wide receivers. They just need to get some sort of running game started. Maybe they should try and get Barry Sanders back? Regardless, they need to stop making those foolish “10 win” game predictions and get back to the basics. The team has to pull their act together and they may as well start from the beginning.

27. Bears – The Bears have too many questions on offense for me to even want to go into any kind of detail here. Who’s the QB? Who will run the ball? Who will score the points? No one really knows and it’s scary. The only good things that they have going for them is their defense and Devin Hester. Other than that, they are in need of some serious help.
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Power Blitz: Preseason Rankings

It's good, almost has the "well duh" factor, but I mean I like the point you made about the Lions. I do have a feeling however that the Lions are going to come in second in the NFC North. Vikings, Lions, Packer, Bears...

vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

Re: Power Blitz: Preseason Rankings

Thanks Eric! I like breaking things into the simplest form. Sometimes I wonder why some guys out there get so complex about things when the answer is really simple. It's kind of like either you win or you don't. You run or you pass.

If the Lions can get the running game going and a few guys on defense can stand out, then they should be better. Just like anything else, I've got to see it to believe it.
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!