Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Potential Issue At DE?

A Potential Issue At Defensive End For The Vikings?

A Potential Issue At Defensive End For The Vikings? - Daily Norseman

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Tough call. Depends on JA's state of mind. In my opinion Robison is the low man on the totem pole and if JA wants to keep playing and restructure then I would trade Robison and put griffin in his spot. If JA wants to start over somewhere in search of bigger dollars or a better shot at a SB then trade him, keep Robison and install Griff at RDE.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I could picture JA restructuring for the sake of the team. He has always seemed to be a team player while he has been in Minn. If that allows us to keep him longer at a decent price, great. I like Robison, but at that number, I can't see us keeping him around. Griff is younger and came on strong this year. I would like to see us sign him. If it is only feasible to keep two of the three, Rob may be drawing the short straw.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Do we try and trade JA while he still has value? I hate hate hate this idea and with him gone who knows how the others perform. But it may be good for the future

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Tough call. Depends on JA's state of mind. In my opinion Robison is the low man on the totem pole and if JA wants to keep playing and restructure then I would trade Robison and put griffin in his spot. If JA wants to start over somewhere in search of bigger dollars or a better shot at a SB then trade him, keep Robison and install Griff at RDE.
    So what is your rotation plan?

Truth of the matter is (at least for me) both Rob and Griff played better than JA did for most of the year.

If anyone gets to stick around, it should be JA after he restructures both his contract and his attitude about starting in the base.

I think the staff would be wise to take two (JA/Kdubb) of their aging players (who can still be productive if the price is right) and let them take reps off early in the game so that when we need them for specific situations their old legs are ready to go.

In the end, that solves your rotation issue, contract issue and still allows you to find a youngster to develop for the rotation reps that he would need after JA's 2 or 3 year extension wore off.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    First tell me Spielmans off season strategy so I know wha I have to deal with.

Truth of the matter is (at least for me) both Rob and Griff played better than JA did for most of the year.
    Yeah, JA wasn't 100% playing with a torn labrum.

If anyone gets to stick around, it should be JA after he restructures both his contract and his attitude about starting in the base.
    Attitude? Link?

I think the staff would be wise to take two (JA/Kdubb) of their aging players (who can still be productive if the price is right) and let them take reps off early in the game so that when we need them for specific situations their old legs are ready to go.
    Great if you have the depth. Not sure we do or that we can afford to considering how much help we need in the secondary and LB groups.

In the end, that solves your rotation issue, contract issue and still allows you to find a youngster to develop for the rotation reps that he would need after JA's 2 or 3 year extension wore off.
    Or it perpetuates the problems with depth in the secondary and doesn't allow us to deal with the LB problems we have. I won't get into the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    First tell me Spielmans off season strategy so I know wha I have to deal with.
    I thought I had several times......

a. Resign key vets.....Some younger guys will get raises, some older guys will get cuts.

b. Add a Vet WR. Ponder needs at least 2 Vets to throw to. Eventually he and a bunch of young WR's would get there, but we don't need to wait that long based on the maturity/progress this team made.

He will target a Mid Tier, that won't cost alot. Someone none of us are even thinking of so that they can afford to resign Percy.

Draft a new start at OLB to replace Henderson. Stick with Jasper in the middle (just keeps getting better) or hope that Cole can step up. Regardless he will draft one.

Draft a late round CB to go along with Cook, Rob, AJ and Whinny. If Burton and Sherels show progress the let Whinny go.

Look at your G situation. Do you keep CJ and go with Fusco? I think they can and will.

Draft depth at all other positions.

Yeah, JA wasn't 100% playing with a torn labrum.
    So why was he playing if his injury was hurting the team?

Attitude? Link?
    "They're probably going to drop that on me toward the beginning of the season, and I'll get really pissed at them," Allen joked, before getting more serious. "I'm willing to do anything to win, but I don't like coming off the field. I work so hard in the offseason to get in the best shape I can. My theory's always been, 'You want to rest me, rest me during the week because I get paid to play on Sundays.' That's when I'm out there to make plays. I feel like if I'm on the field, I can make a play to help us win."
    Allen not eager to join defensive line rotation

Great if you have the depth. Not sure we do or that we can afford to considering how much help we need in the secondary and LB groups.

Or it perpetuates the problems with depth in the secondary and doesn't allow us to deal with the LB problems we have. I won't get into the offensive side of the ball.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    I thought I had several times......

a. Resign key vets.....Some younger guys will get raises, some older guys will get cuts.

b. Add a Vet WR. Ponder needs at least 2 Vets to throw to. Eventually he and a bunch of young WR's would get there, but we don't need to wait that long based on the maturity/progress this team made.

He will target a Mid Tier, that won't cost alot. Someone none of us are even thinking of so that they can afford to resign Percy.

Draft a new start at OLB to replace Henderson. Stick with Jasper in the middle (just keeps getting better) or hope that Cole can step up. Regardless he will draft one.

Draft a late round CB to go along with Cook, Rob, AJ and Whinny. If Burton and Sherels show progress the let Whinny go.

Look at your G situation. Do you keep CJ and go with Fusco? I think they can and will.

Draft depth at all other positions.

So why was he playing if his injury was hurting the team?

Allen not eager to join defensive line rotation

Conjecture.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Hey marr, I would be willing to bet Frazier wouldn't mind letting you be the guy to go into an office with JA and tell him, you are cutting his reps. lol. I doubt you (or anyone) would get out with all your limbs.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Hey marr, I would be willing to bet Frazier wouldn't mind letting you be the guy to go into an office with JA and tell him, you are cutting his reps. lol. I doubt you (or anyone) would get out with all your limbs.
    LOL, I bet your right, but in the end, I think to keep JA as productive as we can and still work the scheme it appears our D-coord wants to run, JA is going to have to take reps off.

K-dubb is in the same boat, if he is even back next year, which I hope he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast