Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Postseason Possibilities?

all i can say is that is going right down to the wire and all we have to do is win. we cant control what others do
    We're bringing purple back.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"napo58" wrote:
    vikings are bad, im sorry.
    no "bad" team goes on a 6 game winning streak in the NFL. I don't care who the opponents are, it just doesn't happen. Offense needs some work, but the defense is really good compared to what we're used to seeing. I wouldn't use the word bad to describe our team at all, and nor should you.
    ;-)

The less embarrasment we have in front of the country the better. What's the point of making the playoffs? The winning was nice, but today showed how the coaching staff and players react to a big game against a good team-they choke. 8-8?

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"vikessuck" wrote:
    The Rex Factor is in....bears win out to take the division and ride the defense to super bowl 40

20 years later.....they're back
    what is the "REX Factor?" the ability to start 6 games in 3 yrs...thats cool...not as cool as the X-Factor with Hall...but sure...if thats what bears want, go fo it...

peace...
    peace...

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

so we have a chance at claiming division, but we are relying on the Pack to win...hahahahahahahahahahaha....

we have a good chance at a wildcard spot, but we need to either have a better record than atlanta, tampa, or the cows, i think. basically, this weeks games will tell us if we have a chance at getting into the playoffs.

bears vs. pack
    atlanta vs. tampa
    dallas vs panthers
    vikes vs. ravens
    giants vs. redskins

okay, if the pack, panthers, vikes, and giants win, we have a great shot at wildcard, and own our own destiny with the division for the last week of the regular season. tampa and atlanta get the tie breaker,whoever wins.

still, i have trouble beleiving that if the vikes and bears are tied at 10-6, we clinch division. i need an official ruling.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

If the Vikings tie the Bears at 10-6 that means they will tie the first tiebreaker (head to head) and the Vikings will win the division on second tiebreaker (division record: Vikings 5-1, Bears 4-2). I know I'm not an NFL Official but I hope that suffices anyway.

Sig courtesy of josdin00

Calmwind is offline Starter

OK after reading the 8 pages of posts I have read the same thing about 20 times. Bottom line is keep faith people. We have won 7 of our last 9 games which is great. This one loss dosent mean we can not win again, it is just a minor set-back. We can still win our division, and have a home game in the playoffs. Just dont jump ship b4 it has sailed its course!!!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

Bears win actually helps us

since the falcons lost last night. we have now moved up to 7th in the playoff race. We hold a conference record tiebreaker over 2 other 8-6 teams(cowboys,falcons). We will be in the 6th/wildcard spot next week with a redskins loss and cowboys loss which is very likely due to the fact the Skins are playing the G-men and the Boys' got the Panthers. 2 very tough opponent who are trying to clinch divisions themselves. Ya it sucks we wont win the Division crown but the team that does wont get a bye anyway, just the first game at home. We gotta concentrate on winning the final 2 games and things will very likely work out in our favor SO WE AINT OUT OF IT YET. This could also very possibly set up a first round playoff match similar to last year where we travel to chicago to play our own divisions champion in the first round of the playoffs, possible revenge for not being able to win the divison crown outright.

Re: Bears win actually helps us

I still think we have to win out to get a into the playoffs. I thought a Bears win would help us more to get into the playoffs than a bears lose. But I was still cheering against them.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bears win actually helps us

The Cowgirls are gonna get their azzzzez handed to them by the panthers.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast