Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Postgame thought....

My concern is if teams who we play in the future will just try to emulate the pats and just go 5 wide on us!This is a copycat league and if everyone decides to just abandon the run and pass on us like the pats then i smell trouble...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    My concern is if teams who we play in the future will just try to emulate the pats and just go 5 wide on us!This is a copycat league and if everyone decides to just abandon the run and pass on us like the pats then i smell trouble...
    First, they have to have the personnel....second, we will adjust by putting more DBs in...and third, there aren't many teams that can't defend against 5 wide...it was a gimmick to take advantage of a weakness that Belichick saw...the holes will be filled by next week...he does the same crap against the Colts every year....but one day the Colts will solve it...and so will we!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BearsFanGrrrr is offline Rookie

No worries Vikes, DA BEARS will advenge your defeat !
    ;D
    You dropped the ball(no pun intended) but DA BEARS will make them pay for embarrassing you, on national TV !

Your team was not up to the task, but do not fret, DA BEARS will knock them down a peg or two for ya !
    8)
    NFCN will be advenged !
    ;D
    I was a bad boy and was banned!
    I suck.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Whew!
    Thank goodness someone will "advenge" (sic) us! :

thunderheart is offline Waterboy

Okay after counting backwards from 10 about 500 times I think im sufficiently cooled down now, still kinda shocked So what happened to the vikings that took it to the seahags last sunday??

Oh come on now thunderheart its the patriots you didn't really think you could beat the patriots did you? why YES YES I (@#*&($^ did. Kinda like in 98 when we beat the packers in the holiest of holies Lambeau field when Randy Moss made the packers secondary look sick.

I believe its all about ATTITUDE and controling the tempo of the game in your own (*^#$^(#$ stadium. I wonder what was said in the locker room at halftime??? I hope it wasn't like what Denny said to the vikes in the NFC Conference game against the giants......"Guys we just need to do the opposite of what were doing" ..........WHAT THE (*&^#$^ kinda speech is that? I saw the post game interview and thats what he said to the reporter after the game when asked what he told the team at the half... How about something positive , uplifting, inspirational?? How about "We are playing the second most important game of out lives, we win this then we get to play the biggest game of our lives the SUPER BOWL !!!! we beat this team last year in their stadium now lets go back out there and show the giants who deserves to go to the SUPER BOWL.

This game had a similiar sour taste to it when the giants played in the dome a couple of years ago. That same over cocky swagger it was like they were playing in the meadowlands, this is our house mentality. Much like tonights game ...bad play calling , poor sportsman like playing. Jeremy Shockey hitting one of our players knocking him to the ground after the whistle was blown and no penalty called. Mr. shockey even dragged one of the vikings by the back of his jersey 3 yards after the whistle was blown and no penalty called....I call that FLAGRANT ILLEGAL play. If Jeremy Shockey didn't play in the NFL he would probably be in jail. He is a dirty player plain and simple. Why Corey Dillon wasn't called for throwing the ball like he did is beyond me.

So......in closing lets get some of that attitude back we had when we beat seattle, especially in your own house. I prolly get flamed for this post with a "please read football 101" and I admit i'm no where near as knowledgeable as most who post in this forum. I'm frustrated, frustrated at what i'm seeing. 30 years of frustration wondering when this team will get it together and get to the big dance and finally win the darn thing. Win lose or draw I'll always be a fan, its in my blood, its my heritage, my family history traces its roots to Norway.

Let the Vikings lick their wounds, patch up the ship and lets play some SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL for a change.

Quote from Braveheart "Your so busy reaching for the scraps from longshanks table that you don't see that we could have something we never have had before our own country"

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

We got outcoached and outplayed. The Pats took us out of our gameplan. Plus, it does not help that we gave the ball away, either. The offense is still not in sync yet. The defense; pass rush was pretty good. Just needs to be more consistent. Our secondary ok at times, but not too consistent. Bottom line; we just got outplayed and coached.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The thing that hurt us the most is that we didn't have the QB or the WR's it took to compete with Brady and the Patriots.. BJ is no Tom Brady, and apparently Bethel Johnson is no anyone because they probably wouldn't have cut him then..

Someone mentioned about the officiating, what about it? They have a couple miss calls, but what they screwed up on wouldn't have made a difference in that game.. We had our chances to score and keep that game somewhat close, but BJ made stupid decisions..

Also, when I heard we were making a QB change, I thought Childress would at least make it interesting and put in T Jack.. Think about it, Bollinger is like BJ as he stays in the pocket. TJ has an arm like a cannon, and can run.. If they had to defend for both, it could have become an interesting game.. It is way to easy for opposing teams to game plan for Johnson.. Overall disappointing night to be a Viking fan..

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Shockey plays for the Giants....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Apparently, the Vikes of 2006 are one of the following . . .

#1.
    The Great Pretenders

#2.
    The AFC are fielding better prepared teams.

This pathetic red zone offense needs a major overhaul . . . Monday Night was flat out embarrasing!
    :-[

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Someone mentioned about the officiating, what about it? They have a couple miss calls, but what they screwed up on wouldn't have made a difference in that game.. We had our chances to score and keep that game somewhat close, but BJ made stupid decisions..
    QFT

Even I disagreed with a couple of the calls(PI against taylor, wiggens IC pass Fumble OB)
    They did not cost us the game. Our team lost the game.
    We couldn't put the ball in the endzone.
    Our D didn't play much better.

Winning teams overcome things and adapt to the game.
    Our D didn't do that last night.
    That gave our O no chance.
    We had to air it out to have a chance and BJ just can not play a game like that.
    He simply does not have the arm to cannon the ball downfield all night long, and we do not have the WR that can do that all night long either.

They drop the ball to much, and do not do a good job of positioning themselves to block the DB out of the play.

Billicheck is a mad genious, and brady has a laser sight on his arm.
    They guy could not miss last night.
    Tough loss, very embarrassing, but we need to suck it up and learn from our mistakes.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast