Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Postgame thought....

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Yeah, sorry, it does kind of seem like I am making this a personal debate.
    I respond to different points made by people and use the word "you" to sometimes mean people on the other side of the fence as me or just because I am responding to point that a person made.

I think making the playoffs is better than not making the playoffs but I want our goal to be a super bowl and not playoffs.
    So when people say "we're going to make the playoffs" I think well thats nice but I want to win the playoffs.

Also, Peyton manning received the Starting job halfway through his rookie season and I'd take him over Carson Palmer any day fo the week and twice on Sunday.
    Eli Manning is comming along very nicely and he started half-way through his rookie season.
    Big Ben Roethlisberger was able to be enough of an improvement over Tommy Moddox to get the Steelers to the AFC Championship his rookie year.
    Some quarterbacks benefit from sitting one to two years but I think it is a myth that rookie quarterbacks can't start and be effective or that sitting them for an entire si the best way to bring them in. Certainly there is much evidence for both sides.

Anyways, I think its about time to put this discussion to rest, at least untill next week when there is more to discuss. I think Brad Johnson has played horribly this year, Brad Childress is making a mistake by keeping him in there, and that Tarvaris could gain valuable experience by playing now and might be able to help the team win more.
    The other side is trust what the coach thinks and he thinks Tarvaris isn't ready, or Tarvaris is a rookie and rookie QBs can't make that much of a difference.
    Or Tavaris is not the future and was a byproduct of Fran Foley.

It is a soap opera really and if we can just manage to win I could care less who is in there.
    ;D

You can bet your ass we will be discussing this every week lol!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Or, rookie QBs can make a difference, but it is the execption not the rule... especially when the QB comes from a Div 1AA school.
    The examples listed were all Div I, and high first round picks.

VikemanX84, I will agree with you on this point:
    I don't think we will make it far in the playoffs with our current offense.
    Something needs to happen to avoid having the playoffs look like last Monday's game.
    I just don't think TJ is the answer right now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

patriotswinagain is offline Waterboy

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    There are waaaay too many bad things to talk about. But, my first thought is.....that "incomplete pass" to Wiggins that got reviewed was one of the worst I've seen in a while!
    Same thing happend to the Pats against Buffalo the week before. So obvious. Same thing happend in Dallas game week before, obvious call yet not made. How about the Indy Steelers game last playoff season, they tried to give the game away to Indy. THat knee was DOWN. How come the game with replay is getting so corrupt??

patriotswinagain is offline Waterboy

"minvikes01" wrote:
    the officials and our dbs screwed us up the a$$
    THe wiggins call was bad bad bad , happend to the Pats the week before, obvious call never made on replay. Makes everyone look blind. But don't blame the DB's because they faollowed the game plan. You got beat in every facet of the game except run defense. Blame the coach and sometimes you just got to take your aht off. Not SB Champs 3 out of 4 yrs and perhaps this year. You'll do fine, Denver kicked out Butt and they don't impress me at all. Brad Johnson best stop the stupid throws, outside of that , youll be fine. Offense seemed very weak but you had injuries no? Why didn't your defense go man to man versus so much cover 2 and getting burned?? Coaching, not players, except penaliites and Brad

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"patriotswinagain" wrote:
    "minvikes01" wrote:
    the officials and our dbs screwed us up the a$$
    THe wiggins call was bad bad bad , happend to the Pats the week before, obvious call never made on replay. Makes everyone look blind. But don't blame the DB's because they faollowed the game plan. You got beat in every facet of the game except run defense. Blame the coach and sometimes you just got to take your aht off. Not SB Champs 3 out of 4 yrs and perhaps this year. You'll do fine, Denver kicked out Butt and they don't impress me at all. Brad Johnson best stop the stupid throws, outside of that , youll be fine. Offense seemed very weak but you had injuries no? Why didn't your defense go man to man versus so much cover 2 and getting burned?? Coaching, not players, except penaliites and Brad
    The REFS gave you guys that game on a silver platter!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011