Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Your Favorite Moss Moment

I have been doing a lot of thinking and reminiscing about Moss, and Im sure you all have too. Lets make this thread about all of our favorite memories of him, post videos, etc.

Here's mine:

When I was 12 I liked football, but I never had a favorite team and just normally cheered for the teams my dad liked (Vikings,Giants,Jets). My dad moved here from Russia when he was about 12-13 and the first football game he saw here was a Vikings game. He really liked Fran Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters. From watching with my dad sometimes, I knew some of the players when I was little like Chris Carter and John Randle of the Vikes...you know those types of guys from that period. Well during the very beginning of the 98 season, I didnt know anything about Randy Moss or the fact that he was drafted. One day I was in my room and my dad was like, "hey Joel, you gotta come see this guy Moss...the guy is AMAZING!". I sat myself down on the bed and watched the rest of the game. I forgot who they played, but I remember seeing him catch deep balls and saw how fast he was. My eyes probably literally lit up and at that moment I told my dad I was a Vikings fan.

I love Moss and I wish him the best of luck on the Rrrrhhhaaidaaz! Man it sucks to say that!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Hard to topp the "mooning" of Packer fans, but I remember his first game against the Packers in 1998. I remember telling my dad, I had looked at their schedule for the rest of the year and if the Vikings beat the Packers (MNF they were both 4-0, I believe), they had a chance to win all of their games that year. I wasn't too far off on that one.

Anyway, he exploded that game, he had 2 or 3 td's, Cunningham passed for like 400 yards, and we put the Packers in their place. He made a couple great catches that game, several in double coverage. That was probably my favorite moment.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Yeah Moss was amazing in that game - that was awesome.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Mine is when moss caught the 2 td passes against the packers this year in the play-offs.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

The lateral for the TD
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Mine was the game at Lamboo in 1998 also. He lit them up in the rain!! He had something like 5 catches, 110 yards, and 2 touchdowns. He should have had another TD, but it got called back because of a penalty!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

The Thanksgiving game against Dallas in 1998, when he caught three TD passes all for over 50 yards. Not only were they bombs, they were three of the most amazing catches I've ever seen.

The look on Jerry Jones' face during the game was priceless. Thank you Randy!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Coincidentally, I was at the Dome for Randy's very first game and his very last game in the Dome.

Opening day against the Bucs in 1998
    and
    Christmas Eve Day against the Pack in 2004

That very first day, our little Rookie had 2 TDs, and we all knew he was something special.

Yeah snow..i remember seeing highlights of his first game...the best part of it was his first TD when the announcer said something to the effect of " Randy Moss is going to give defensive backs nightmares for years to come". He nailed that one dead on.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Any game that he lit up the Pack!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast