norsefan is offline Training Camp

The Post-Season is here! NFL Draft: April 26, 2012 - The Minnesota Vikings select...

The Season is over!

Now, we hope and expect our guys to get healthy, The Wilfs to hire a new GM, and that our Vikings STAY in Minny-sota!

Then, on April 26, 2012 the call goes out..."With their first pick in the 2012 Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select ..."____

Matt Kalil from USC!

What do you think?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Claiborne.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Sign Matt Flynn in FA as the QB.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    How about the Vikings fail to get their pick in on time and lose out. Just kidding however having watched some really dumb plays this year its not beyond possibility.

WWBGD

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I think St Louis will take kalil. If that happens, I like WalterFootballs take on it. Vikings trade with Cleveland for Browns two first rounders, #5 and #22.
    They think that #3 pick will be hot for trades with a lot of teams looking for a QB
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

not a bad idea, though he'll probably want starter money and the vikings wont want to commit to him as the starter right away. especially since frazier just said ponder will be the starter going forward.

i'd say that, picking third, Luck will go to the Colts, Kalil will go to the Rams.

the only real options would be Claiborne, Blackmon, or trading down and getting more picks.

any of the options would work. there is a HUGE need in the backfield (and thats even assuming Cook comes back) so claiborne is a great pick, and thats what i would do.

Blackmon is an upgrade at WR and would definitely help the offense and give Ponder another target

Trading down is a good option only if you stay in the top ten and get another couple high round picks. maybe trading the 3rd this year for a top ten this year, a first rounder next year and a second or third rounder next year.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by mad-dog_six-eight View Post
    not a bad idea, though he'll probably want starter money and the vikings wont want to commit to him as the starter right away. especially since frazier just said ponder will be the starter going forward.

i'd say that, picking third, Luck will go to the Colts, Kalil will go to the Rams.

the only real options would be Claiborne, Blackmon, or trading down and getting more picks.

any of the options would work. there is a HUGE need in the backfield (and thats even assuming Cook comes back) so claiborne is a great pick, and thats what i would do.

Blackmon is an upgrade at WR and would definitely help the offense and give Ponder another target

Trading down is a good option only if you stay in the top ten and get another couple high round picks. maybe trading the 3rd this year for a top ten this year, a first rounder next year and a second or third rounder next year.
    We will likely be able to trade down and still get either claiborn or blackmon. , although I would still prefer an OT.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 01-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

norsefan is offline Training Camp
    Today is the first day of the Off-season, and the beginning of some new era for the "Leaseless" Vikings. You may have noticed that I left off the name "Minnesota" for now. The Vikings have the #3 Pick in the Draft, and I hope and pray on that day it is still the Minnesota Vikings. Remember, the Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers. So, Wilfs and Company, please keep us anticipating this next Draft as the Minnesota Vikings!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I will try and throw up a blog with some guys i like here early in the process

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!