Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Post Vikings vs Seattle game articles

"Acumen" wrote:
    POSTED 11:08 a.m. EDT, October 23, 2006

BIG SHOW MIGHT BE WISHING THAT TRADE DEADLINE WAS LATER

With Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck facing a Monday MRI to determine the extent of an injury to his right knee, Seattle coach Mike Holmgren could eventually be wishing that the NFL's trade deadline came in November, not October.

Why?
    Because if Hasselbeck's injury is what it appeared to be when he grabbed in pain at his knee on Sunday (i.e., a torn ACL), then the Big Show could have dialed up the Packers and swung a deal for quarterback Brett Favre.

But with the trade deadline expiring last week, it's too late.

Or is it?
    Favre and Holmgren (who coached the Packers to a Super Bowl win a decade ago) would be able to reunite in 2006 if the Packers were to release Favre -- and if no one else were to claim him on waivers.
    Vested veterans (that is, players with four or more years of service) cut after the trade deadline are subject to the waiver system.

With that said, we doubt that anyone would pick up the prorated portion of Favre's 2006 salary of $7 million, which roughly equates to $4.12 million over the final ten weeks of the season.
    So if Favre asked the Packers to let him go, and if they did, he'd likely clear waivers.

So it raises an interesting situation for Favre.
    If Hasselbeck is done, does he ask the team to let him leave so that he can ride out his final season with Holmgren, in the hopes of pulling an Elway?
    Without Hasselbeck, landing a guy like Favre might be the team's only chance to return to the Super Bowl.

And landing in Seattle would likely be Favre's only chance to get back there, too.

Kindof an interesting thought, Favre with Holmgren.
    Bet if ESPN and the NFL really wanted to they could come up with some way to make that happen via some loop hole because everyone knows that Brett (Fricking I don't pronounce my last name right) Favre is a ...... Sorry, venting...... I won't finish that thought.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ballhog27" wrote:
    With this win it looks like the vikings could possibly finish the season as high as 12-4. But I am getting a head of myself here on this one. I just think that the defense comes to play for the big games. This is making our offense look better and better each week. It also helped that we got to take on Seattle after a bye and without Alexander. This allowed us to focus on there come from behind victory over the Rams last week to watch how St. Louis played them so well. But now its time to look a head at the Patroits. This team is no slouch but I do think the Vikings have a running shot at taking this one. 8)
    I NEED for the Vikes to win this next game...so that I can tell all the loud-mouth Patsy fans that I work with to STFU!!!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    With this win it looks like the vikings could possibly finish the season as high as 12-4. But I am getting a head of myself here on this one. I just think that the defense comes to play for the big games. This is making our offense look better and better each week. It also helped that we got to take on Seattle after a bye and without Alexander. This allowed us to focus on there come from behind victory over the Rams last week to watch how St. Louis played them so well. But now its time to look a head at the Patroits. This team is no slouch but I do think the Vikings have a running shot at taking this one. 8)
    I NEED for the Vikes to win this next game...so that I can tell all the loud-mouth Patsy fans that I work with to STFU!!!
    ;D
    No doubt, the pressure is on.
    I work with a long-time Pats fan and they bets will be flying this week.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    ;D
    No doubt, the pressure is on.
    I work with a long-time Pats fan and they bets will be flying this week.
    Long-time Patsies fan, eh?
    Make sure you bring up Steve Grogan and Tony Eason this week!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Harsh words sting a bit less with win
    Vikings lineman Steve Hutchinson endured unprecedented spite upon his return to Seattle.
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: October 22, 2006 – 11:29 PM
    SEATTLE - A small group of Vikings fans clustered near the team's locker room Sunday, cheering on their new favorite left guard. "Hutch! Hutch! Hutch!" they yelled, drowning out a single Seahawks fan who was screaming: "Go home, Hutchinson! Seattle hates you! We HATE you!"...
    ..."They were basically cussing me out for three hours and that was it," Hutchinson said. "That was about as much interaction as I had. ... I kind of prepared for both ways, hoping the other way. But I got this way. It's a little easier to swallow when you come out of here with a win, I guess."...
    Nice to see the Vikings' fans buffering the hate and I bet it really was fun to beat the Chickens in their house after all the hate spewing.
    Gotta like it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I admit that I was among those chanting "Hutch" while he was surrounded by TV cameras, but I didn't hear any Seahawks fan yell that they hated him. He must've been standing right next to the media. What a schmuck. Oh well.
    Either way, screw them; let's continue to make Steve feel welcome in his new home!
    ;D

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Loved this picture from yesterday!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

fungus83 is offline Training Camp

That picture is awesome... ahahaha. It's almost as good as seeing Brett Favre pouting. Oh wait, nothing comes close to that - I apologize, what was I thinking.

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    [img width=400 height=338]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20061022/450hawks23_ddfans.jpg[/img]
    [size=12pt]Is this a picture from yesterday or 4 years ago??
    Is that DILFER vs. CULPEPPER?
    Seems like a whole lot of extra crap they are wearing to both be wearing "throwbacks"!!
    :[/size]
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    [img width=400 height=338]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20061022/450hawks23_ddfans.jpg[/img]
    Anyone notice how empty the seats are behiend them?
    and by the expressions on their faces.. it's not before the game!!!

man does that seachicken fan look pissed!!!

i have no sympathy for them though.. we lost the equalivent in Moss.. though.. it's not as obvious as we still have a decent passing game compared to ther animic rushing game.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast