Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I don't know if we can beat both the Packers AND the officiating crew IN Green Bay. I was so p ssed off when they took it upon themselves to change a rule in the middle of the game to benefit the Pukes. (I bet Schwartz wasn't too happy to see that either) Then to top it off it seemed like they called four or five penalties on us the ensuing drive. And this was in our house.
    Yeah I know what you're saying but I'd love to see Aaron Rodger yell at McCarthy again and for Mike to look like a chubby kid that just dropped his cheeseburger at a bbq just to see the dog run off with it.....and there aren't any left

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Peterson is a beast. Who cares about the record? This is the best season a running back has ever had regardless of whether or not he got the record. Just think if hadn't been limited by the injury early in the season?
    Just think if the training staff wouldn't have held him back. Remember when he was trading series with Toby the first couple of games. First 8 games, he averaged 83 yards per game. Last 8 over 160 yards per game, heard that stat on Dan Patrick, not sure if that was from last week or if this was today's episode.

The game yesterday was great. I felt confident in a win yesterday from the start and I thought the swagger the team had from the start helped me be confident.

Ponder stepped up, but need more to be convinced of is ability. The pass to JW was perfect, but we saw so many of those be over and under thrown this season. The main thing yesterday was that HE DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. We would have won the game in GB if he didn't turn the ball over in the Red Zone twice.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't know if we can beat both the Packers AND the officiating crew IN Green Bay. I was so p ssed off when they took it upon themselves to change a rule in the middle of the game to benefit the Pukes. (I bet Schwartz wasn't too happy to see that either) Then to top it off it seemed like they called four or five penalties on us the ensuing drive. And this was in our house.
    I agree.

I attributed it to the fact that the refs screwed the Packers in Seattle but I see it differently now that it was JUST the refs favoring the Packers as usual. Make up vs Par, Par wins.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    If seeing a drunk Viking fan argue with a tough guy Packer fan interests you, I stumbled across this on youtube. Some of you might have had your fill of it yesterday though lol

Starts about 40 seconds in
    Packers fans get tickets in Minnesota to watch their team and then rub it in after a win. We do not know what was stated during the game, so we cannot say what these Cheeseheads had done, but I have heard so much trash talk from Packers fans and to do this in our house would certainly deserve a colorful reply (as long as children are not seated near).

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Packers fans get tickets in Minnesota to watch their team and then rub it in after a win. We do not know what was stated during the game, so we cannot say what these Cheeseheads had done, but I have heard so much trash talk from Packers fans and to do this in our house would certainly deserve a colorful reply (as long as children are not seated near).
    been involved a few times in some drunken trash talk.. thought i was pretty good @ it, though you think this is fighting... you should come to some Soccer games in europe.. rival teams throw rocks, flares, chairs on fire, water bottles, whatever they can pick up @ each other.. soem stadiums hold 35-45 thousand.. and all very close to each other.. makes for interesting games.. ohh and the trash talk, i've learned to curse in greek.. there curses make fu seem like wasted words..

now.. give me a camera feeding the last 15 seconds of a Viking W in wisconsin and we'll see how the cheese heads react!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    by the way.. no1 has mentioned the fact that Pam being an idiotic reporter asks AP after winning @ home doing what nobody said was possible for this team.. "Are you dissapointed you didn't get the record?"..

wtf.. u see the guys jumping for joy.. why would you want to bring them down?

just an afterthought about a reporter fail..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Yeah, that was cool.

Ponder played well enough to win, but he was far from great. He was slow on his progressions and did not make great reads. He was rarely on target even to wide open receivers. He even threw behind Peterson on the wide open TD play which almost caused Adrian to drop it.

Ponder does not see the field and release quick enough to throw an open quick slant. He waits for the receiver, and that gives the defender time to close. Ponder should be able to make that play by knowing the defender from watching film and making a pre-snap read on the defender's position and the position of any defender that may move to the location of the throw in that zone. It has to be bang-bang, as a delay can cost the completion. The quick slant is effective because a defender cannot react to it if playing off or is taking an outside position.

Listen to Aikman's commentary during this game and others; it is obvious that he does not see the play of Ponder to be anything but mediocre.

Peterson played like a man on fire this season. It was like his first two seasons in when he was healthy and had a Pro-Bowl fullback making holes for him.
    Aikman was a great QB. He is not a great announcer. Don't judge your opinion on what Aikman says.
    Why not? He is correct.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I agree on AD as MVP. Manning got to hand pick the team he went to after being released by the Colts. He picked a team that went to the playoffs last year and won a playoff game.

AD did what he did this season after a major knee injury, coming off a 3-13 season, and everyone picked the Vikings for dead last in the division and had them picking in the top 5 in the draft. He did this despite having a mediocre QB, no WR's, and every defense they faced stacked the line to stop him. He had 1000 yards after contact on the season. He did more for his team than Manning did, that is the true definition of MVP.

Now, as far as the game goes. AD is a f'n beast and he deserved that record. Had he not taken a series off against the Texans, he has the record. If he ran the ball one or two more times against GB, he has the record. They should have found a way to get him that record against GB. This opportunity may never come again, but the one thing I have learned on AD is this, NEVER DOUBT THE GUY.

Ponder was efficient, but I don't think he has enough poise to go into Lambeau Field this Saturday and beat the Packers on their home turf with that fan base. If they are to beat GB, it will be on AD's back, and Ponder will have to take advantage of what their defense gives him. It will be a much different scenario playing this Saturday than it was last week.

Is Rodgers that good, or does the Vike's secondary f'n suck that bad? My god, AJ Jefferson is a f'n joke. He gets beat every time, he can't knock down a pass, and he gives up TD after TD. There were two instances this past Sunday where the ball was already in the receivers hands, and then Jefferson looked up and tried swatting the ball. The guy is a huge hindrance, and the Packers will attack him early and often this next game.

Win or lose Saturday, the Vikings far exceeded my expectations on them this year. Winning 7 more games than all of last season is huge, being in 2nd place in the division and being a playoff team is even bigger. With that being said, the Vikings absolutely need to make it a priority to get some WR's in here, as well as secondary help. I would love to see the Vikings sign a Jennings and/or Mike Wallace or trade for Fitzgerald and bring him home to Minnesota. We need 2 top flight WR's here to make this offense legit again. The way its going, the Vikings will end up trading Harvin, they should see if they can trade Harvin to Arizona for Fitz, or trade him to another team for a top CB.

I would really like to go to the game this Saturday, but every time I have gone to a GB/Min game in GB, the Vikes have lost. So I am just going to sit my ass on my couch and watch the game from my warm living room and hope like hell the Vikes can knock of GB at Lambeau. Good luck boys, but win or lose, great season.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I agree.

I attributed it to the fact that the refs screwed the Packers in Seattle but I see it differently now that it was JUST the refs favoring the Packers as usual. Make up vs Par, Par wins.

The replacement officials screwed the Packers in Seattle, not the regular officials. The regular officials never screw GB, they favor the hell out of them. I have always told my buddies they should rename them the Green Bay Black Rhinos, because they are protected.

Also, when they call us the Queens, I say that even a Queen is more prestigious than a Packer. A Queen is royalty, and a Packer is a poor warehouse worker. That usually shuts them up real quick.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    The replacement officials screwed the Packers in Seattle, not the regular officials. The regular officials never screw GB, they favor the hell out of them. I have always told my buddies they should rename them the Green Bay Black Rhinos, because they are protected.

Also, when they call us the Queens, I say that even a Queen is more prestigious than a Packer. A Queen is royalty, and a Packer is a poor warehouse worker. That usually shuts them up real quick.
    There was a fumble in one of the GB games soon after the regular refs got back where the Packers got screwed again, but the Packers still wound up winning the game. I was hoping it would have been a game changer.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast