Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Great exciting game...Everyone, left everything on the field. Everyone was in it, to win it. Ponder, I've been hard on you, but you came through, Walsh again, AD!- I feel for him, but it's about wins. Our receivers- Jenkins, Simpson, Wright actually had good hands.

Loadhold: You gotta play smart.

We have a decent secondary when everyone is healthy...but our depth is just not there and it showed.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Great exciting game...Everyone, left everything on the field. Everyone was in it, to win it. Ponder, I've been hard on you, but you came through, Walsh again, AD!- I feel for him, but it's about wins. Our receivers- Jenkins, Simpson, Wright actually had good hands.

Loadhold: You gotta play smart.

We have a decent secondary when everyone is healthy...but our depth is just not there and it showed.
    Not too many teams can survive loosing 2 Cbs.
    Anyone know what happen to Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Yes Griffen played very well but do not forget that Robison took the ball out of Rodgers hand at a very critical point.

The more defensive lineman making plays the better.

I noticed on Allen's sack that he was lined up on the left side of the line, anyone else catch that or was I seeing crap?
    Yes and its about time... Its what has been limiting us and him on defense. Its very easy to scheme for him and the rest of the line if you know he will always be on the right. Easier to practice for and to know who to help with. However, moving him around will force a teams to not simply practice....help to the left and run power to the right or bootleg to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I remember when we were 6-6 before our stretch of the rams, bears, texans, and packers. We were all hoping to go 2-2 at best. Then we freaking sweeped! Still, this is the most depressed I've ever been during an awesome moment, because I'm so sad that AP didn't get the record.
    Not I....
    I predicted....
    Loss to GB, Loss to Bears
    Beat GB, beat Rams, beat texans, beat bears.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not too many teams can survive loosing 2 Cbs.
    Anyone know what happen to Robinson?
    If you me Robison I think he is still have some problems with his shoulder from 2 weeks ago

On how he felt returning to the field: "I feel like (garbage) right now. My shoulder hurts. But we got a W so that always makes it feel a little better."
    On whether he re-injured his shoulder: "I don't know. I've never had to deal with this issue so I have no clue what's going on with it right now. I'm sure it's just soreness."

LINK

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Great game & a great win! A nail biter at the end like I thought it might be as we have seen so many times in the past.

Ponder played very well, better than expected & connected on two 20+ yard passes that were very nicely thrown & vital in the win as was the pass hitting Jenkins on the sideline. If he could throw farther than the typical 5 yards like that & be more consistently accurate, more often, fans wouldn’t be talking about bringing in QB’s like Romo, Vick or Sanchez.

My only knocks on him in that game were some floaters that were thrown & that there were open receivers on the field that he did not see or chose not to throw to.

Many people knock on Musgrave, but as I said before, I think he’s calling plays he feels Ponder can execute with confidence & he’s limiting his longer throws until he can prove he can make them more consistently. I think he held his leash the right amount.

AD continues to be a beast this year.

Disappointments:

They wasted way too much time dilly-dallying around on that last drive & seemed complacent once they got just inside of Walsh’s range. Visions of Gary Anderson came to mind & felt they could have easily run a few more plays to AD to try & get more in range with better time management or stopping the clock. Fortunately, AD broke the last run & put us into a much better kicking situation.

I wish that last run by AD would have made it to the endzone. What a fitting end to a remarkable season it would have been to beat Dickerson’s record, score the winning TD, beat the NFCN Champs & propel your team into the playoffs all in one play in front of your home crowd.

Loadholt. Still racking up stupid penalties & false starts to add to his collection.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-31-2012 at 08:43 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I remember when we were 6-6 before our stretch of the rams, bears, texans, and packers. We were all hoping to go 2-2 at best. Then we freaking sweeped! Still, this is the most depressed I've ever been during an awesome moment, because I'm so sad that AP didn't get the record.
    Lets remember one thing when talking about Peterson not getting the record. Dickerson got the record in a 14 game season. We now play 16. Is it really a record when the parameters are not the same? Yes Adrain had a wonderful season but even getting that record you still have to remember the time in which Dickerson got the record in 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Lets remember one thing when talking about Peterson not getting the record. Dickerson got the record in a 14 game season. We now play 16. Is it really a record when the parameters are not the same? Yes Adrain had a wonderful season but even getting that record you still have to remember the time in which Dickerson got the record in 14 games.
    Only OJ Simpson got over 2,000 yards with 14 games. They changed the season from 14 to 16 games in 1978.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Dickerson got the record in 1984. We did in fact play a 16 game season then.

We've been playing 16 game seasons since 1978. Dickerson doesn't even start playing in the NFL for 5 years after that.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-31-2012 at 09:13 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Nice try.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast