Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Griffen was outstanding.
    Just want to second that emotion. Without his pressure and sacks I might have been going to the movies or something next weekend instead of watching the Vikes.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Vikings almost lost due to stupidity.
    Brinkley shoves Rodgers well after he releases the the ball. Loadholt slaps the ball out of the receivers hands on the sideline. Ellison has 20 yards of penalty on one punt play. First a false start then a personal foul.
    Probably wont be able to get away with stupid plays and penalties next week.
    Jefferson was bad but Sherrels was worse.
    If they have to rely on Sherrels and Jefferson, and Smith can't play due to his injury, the Vikings will be one and done.
    If Smith is ok and Antoine can play, the Vikings can win next week, especially if they start Griffen instead of Robison.
    Musgrave needs to continue to limit Ponder. That is actually the formula that is helping Ponder play better.
    SKOL VIKINGS !

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Vikings almost lost due to stupidity.
    Brinkley shoves Rodgers well after he releases the the ball. Loadholt slaps the ball out of the receivers hands on the sideline. Ellison has 20 yards of penalty on one punt play. First a false start then a personal foul.
    Probably wont be able to get away with stupid plays and penalties next week.
    Jefferson was bad but Sherrels was worse.
    If they have to rely on Sherrels and Jefferson, and Smith can't play due to his injury, the Vikings will be one and done.
    If Smith is ok and Antoine can play, the Vikings can win next week, especially if they start Griffen instead of Robison.Musgrave needs to continue to limit Ponder. That is actually the formula that is helping Ponder play better.
    SKOL VIKINGS !
    Yes Griffen played very well but do not forget that Robison took the ball out of Rodgers hand at a very critical point.

The more defensive lineman making plays the better.

I noticed on Allen's sack that he was lined up on the left side of the line, anyone else catch that or was I seeing crap?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Starting up the Christian Ponder bandwagon! Quietly developing into an NFL starter. Dump Musgrave and get this kid some vertical weapons!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    All I gotta say is wow! Unreal!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

keystonevike is offline Starter
    PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!
    I have been rough on him lately, but Ponder really stepped up today. Missed some things but may have played his best game as a Vike. In a win or go home situation. Deep pass completion was a good thing to see. Didn't see an open receiver in 1st half, and held onto the ball too long on AP TD reception. The throw on that play wasn't too good either, but it got us the TD. Also the pass that ended up looking like a flyball to centerfield (we got away with one there). But overall, a pretty good game.
    AP-what else can be said? The man is an absolute beast. 9 yards. 9 stinkin' yards. But he knows the team came away with the bigger prize and that's what's important. Doctors have said an athlete that comes back from that kind of injury is usually better in his second year back, so next year might be a lot of fun.
    In the 2nd half, where in hell was the D we saw in the first half? Need to play all 4 qtrs next week. Griffen did some good things. Hope Smith is good to go next week.
    If we play a complete game, IMHO we are better than GB. Should have beat them in their house, and beat them in the dome to make it to the playoffs when GB also had something to play for. Looking forward to seeing us advance to 2nd round.
    Leslie Frazier also showed some fire, arguing the call on the GB fumble/TD. It was a bullshit call IMO. Maybe GB retains possession, but a TD? Anyway, Leslie gets my vote for coach of the year.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Griffen was amazing again. Everyone else on our defense was pretty bad. The Packers really exposed the lack of depth in our secondary. That's definitely something we'll need to work on this offseason.

Ponder was so clutch this game. Every time we needed to make a play or momentum was drifting the other way he delivered. Perfect throw to JW. Several other nice throws as well.

Peterson is a beast. Who cares about the record? This is the best season a running back has ever had regardless of whether or not he got the record. Just think if hadn't been limited by the injury early in the season?

This was one of the best games I've ever seen and definitely one that I'll always remember.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I totally agree, one of the best games I have ever seen. The record woulda been great, but beating the cheese the way we did and getting in after a 3-13 season, there is nothing better! Let's go get em next week!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I remember when we were 6-6 before our stretch of the rams, bears, texans, and packers. We were all hoping to go 2-2 at best. Then we freaking sweeped! Still, this is the most depressed I've ever been during an awesome moment, because I'm so sad that AP didn't get the record.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

purplejokr is offline Rookie
    Wow... The playoffs. I had this team pegged for no more than 6 wins this season and they are in the playoffs now.

Well done!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast