Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Adrian Peterson is amazing. Ponder was in this game as well. When he hit Wright deep there was a vacuum created and then a thunderous noise. Secondary missed 26 in the game. He needs to be out there. Griffen was outstanding. Felton made a crucial catch early on. Playcalling up until the 4th was pretty good. Frazier showed some fire, wow, what kind of team do we have now? this is great stuff.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I couldn't be happier. Not only did we make the playoffs but we kicked the bears out and shot down the Packers hope for a first round bye.
    Yeah, that was cool.

Ponder played an amazing game today which was great to see. If he can play anything like that in a consistent manner, we may have our franchise QB.
    Ponder played well enough to win, but he was far from great. He was slow on his progressions and did not make great reads. He was rarely on target even to wide open receivers. He even threw behind Peterson on the wide open TD play which almost caused Adrian to drop it.

Ponder does not see the field and release quick enough to throw an open quick slant. He waits for the receiver, and that gives the defender time to close. Ponder should be able to make that play by knowing the defender from watching film and making a pre-snap read on the defender's position and the position of any defender that may move to the location of the throw in that zone. It has to be bang-bang, as a delay can cost the completion. The quick slant is effective because a defender cannot react to it if playing off or is taking an outside position.

Listen to Aikman's commentary during this game and others; it is obvious that he does not see the play of Ponder to be anything but mediocre.

As far as AD I don't think there is much to say. The dude in un-real. He will go down in history as the best running back to ever play the game. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever about that. What a pleasure it has been watching him play. I feel bad about the 9 yards short but I'd be willing to bet he will break that record before his career ends. Seeing how he came back after such a horrific knee injury, I Don't think there is much that can stop the guy. MVP hands down.
    Peterson played like a man on fire this season. It was like his first two seasons in when he was healthy and had a Pro-Bowl fullback making holes for him.

I have to be honest and say I expected them to go 5-11 this year. Playoffs... I would have laughed at you. I can't believe we just beat one of the best teams in the league. Ponder went blow for blow with Rodgers. What the...?

I am happy Ponder is putting more English on the ball lately. Good to see.

Aj Jefferson sucks bad.

I can't believe we are in this position with the receiving corps we have. I mean how is this possible? Percy hasn't even been playing...

Great job Leslie and company...

AP...
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Vikings/packers saturday 8pm

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Yeah, that was cool.

Ponder played well enough to win, but he was far from great. He was slow on his progressions and did not make great reads. He was rarely on target even to wide open receivers. He even threw behind Peterson on the wide open TD play which almost caused Adrian to drop it.

Ponder does not see the field and release quick enough to throw an open quick slant. He waits for the receiver, and that gives the defender time to close. Ponder should be able to make that play by knowing the defender from watching film and making a pre-snap read on the defender's position and the position of any defender that may move to the location of the throw in that zone. It has to be bang-bang, as a delay can cost the completion. The quick slant is effective because a defender cannot react to it if playing off or is taking an outside position.

Listen to Aikman's commentary during this game and others; it is obvious that he does not see the play of Ponder to be anything but mediocre.

Peterson played like a man on fire this season. It was like his first two seasons in when he was healthy and had a Pro-Bowl fullback making holes for him.
    Aikman was a great QB. He is not a great announcer. Don't judge your opinion on what Aikman says.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Beautiful. Watched it with my kids. I feel like the record means squat. . Everyone knows AP is the best back to come along in a long while. Hands down. We all know it. Everyone in the NFL knows it. Team played great. No matter the end result, wonderful end to the regular season.
    Tuco the world.....

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Vikings/packers saturday 8pm
    Perfect, I hate the Packers...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Percy?

Speaking of Percy, I haven't heard anything about him of late. Any chance of him playing since our season has been extended??

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    I have to be honest and say I expected them to go 5-11 this year. Playoffs... I would have laughed at you. I can't believe we just beat one of the best teams in the league. Ponder went blow for blow with Rodgers. What the...?

I am happy Ponder is putting more English on the ball lately. Good to see.

Aj Jefferson sucks bad.

I can't believe we are in this position with the receiving corps we have. I mean how is this possible? Percy hasn't even been playing...

Great job Leslie and company...

AP...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Once on IR you are done for the who;e season including post season. Gotta wonder if they made the right choice or if he could have played by next week. It has been strangely silent.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Peterson's tweets about not getting the record:

First & foremost, giving all glory & honor to GOD because w/o him we wouldn't be sitting where we are now!! Getting ready for post season! Giving him all the glory again for this season I've had coming back from an ACL & MCL injury.

Thank u to everyone who believed in me! Ur thoughts & prayers were heard along w mine. Thank u! Always remember it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of u, because I had plenty Of doubters leading up 2 today's game. But remember,don't lean on ur own understanding.Rely on God's word and he will make sure u prosper!!!

It's bittersweet coming up 9 yds short of the record but I came into this game w my main focus being getting a "W". Mission accomplished! All I can say is hey, it wasn't meant to happen or it would have!

But I turned a lot of Non believers n2 believers so I know God is pleased! For whatever reason Im not going 2 question it...much! Haha! But seriously, all I learned from this is that he has bigger plans ahead & I thank you God for that!!!! Much love & God bless!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast