Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"V4L" wrote:
    I was very impressed with T-jack.. And still very impressed with his growth this year

I still strongly believe adding a bonafide number 1 WR would help T-jack soooooooo much... When Bobby Wade is your leading WR there is problems

The O-line sucked today.. We fail to get to the second level in blocking for the run.. And our tackles suck at taking on speedy ends once again

We could have easily won this game as well as a few this year.. But oh well there's always next year and im staying optimistic

Add Jared Allen.. And add Fitzgerald..

Peace
    Don't tell David Garrad that in Jacksonville. has played very well all year long with just as much to work with as T-Joke has.

tclawmen is offline Starter

The team got what they deserved. Based on the level of play the last two weeks they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. T. Williamson has to be one of if not the worst W/R in the NFL and why Childress continues to put him on the field IMO is a question that needs a response from the head coach. I thought the playmakers are supposed to be given the opportunity to make plays and having Williamson in uniform let alone on the field is just a body taking up space. That is not the only reason we lost today because early on we could have been up by at least 10 if not for the turn overs by C. Taylor. I do believe if and that is a big if the ownership is willing to put up some money and get a couple of free agents w/r's, the offense will be strong next year. Jackson needs to learn to not press when pressured and hold onto the football but I think he will be serviceable next year as long as he has some help at the w/r position.
    On a whole, the season was a real roller coaster and we had alot to complain about early on but as the season continued the team improved and with a rookie Q/B and a rookie R/B and a rookie W/R what did you really expect? As long as we continue to see improvement then I for one can look forward to 2008. Just one thing, Please dont let Williamson ever put on a vikings uniform again!!!!

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Talk about an uninspired performance for the most part of this game.
    Although we did have an exciting ending we did not deserve to win in any respects...too many turnovers, drops, bad tackles etc against a crummy team.

If Troyboy ever puts on a Vikings uniform again we ought to have our heads examined...a total joke that he's been on the team this long.

Tavaris...are you willing to wait for this guy to finally get it through his thick skull that there comes a time when you you have to take a sack? Not me.
    This guy will be like Jake Plummer or Culpepper,
    great plays once in a while and then revert back to the same old stupid dumb mistakes...he may of tied it up for us, but he definitely lost this game as well.
    Who needs that crap.

And coaching...while I don't think Childress and staff were the whole problem today, they are a mediocre group at best...I still don't like their playcalling and they suck at their choice of play review challenges.
    They are also responsible for selecting the group offensive characters we have which is very sub par.
    I like Bobby Wade a lot...plays hard all the time, but when he's your number one WR, your team is in trouble.

BE VERY CLEAR...the only reason we were 8-8 was because most teams didn't know what AD is capable of...he won us a few games that kept us from being a more honest 6-10 or even 5-11.

And let's remember, AD only became a viking because he was by far the best player available at the draft...not because we set out to get him.

We will need HUGE changes in offensive personnel if we are ever to make the playoffs again.
    And the scary part is I have no faith in the people in charge of making those changes...do any of you?...

These last two game of the season are a strong indication of what this team will be like in the next few years to come unless we get a solid receiving core, a better QB and a better coaching staff,
    if we don't, we'll be flopping around in the mediocre wash cyle along with the Lions, the Bengals, the Ravens, Bears etc.....mark my words.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I was very impressed with T-jack.. And still very impressed with his growth this year

I still strongly believe adding a bonafide number 1 WR would help T-jack soooooooo much... When Bobby Wade is your leading WR there is problems

The O-line sucked today.. We fail to get to the second level in blocking for the run.. And our tackles suck at taking on speedy ends once again

We could have easily won this game as well as a few this year.. But oh well there's always next year and im staying optimistic

Add Jared Allen.. And add Fitzgerald..

Peace
    Don't tell David Garrad that in Jacksonville. has played very well all year long with just as much to work with as T-Joke has.

And Garrard is a very good QB.. T-JACKKKK is not yet

Garrard has also been learning from the bench and has surpassed all expectations of him this season.. No one expected it.. And no one expected T-jack to either

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"CanuckVike" wrote:

We will need HUGE changes in offensive personnel if we are ever to make the playoffs again.
    No, we won't. We are a consistent QB and a double-digit sack DE away from the NFC Championship.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Trade McKinney to a team with a blocking scheme that he fits better and get a new RT

V4L

"The" wrote:
    "CanuckVike" wrote:

No, we won't. We are a consistent QB and a double-digit sack DE away from the NFC Championship.

Idk how you can say that when we haven't even made the playoffs

Adding 2 players COULD do that.. But who knows really

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Trade McKinney to a team with a blocking scheme that he fits better and get a new RT
    Then you won't have anyone to blame for T-Jokes poor play.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    #1 Pick?

V4L

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    #1 Pick?

It's McKinnie isn't it?

And number 1 pick I wish!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast