"AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    The bottom line:
    We need a good QB
    We need a dangerous WR

BUT...
    if we had a good QB who knew how to play, I thing our current WR corps (minus "Hit me in the face mask and I still won't catch it Williamson") will do fine.

A Moss or Rodney Harrison caliber WR would just make it soooooo
    much better with AP and Taylor.

Rodney?...You must mean Marvin Harrison.

Did you ever think maybe if we had a big time WR our QB would play better?
    Marvin!
    My mistake...

:-[

A good WR could make a mediocre QB look good (Moss/Culpepper?), but I believe a good QB would add other positive aspects to the offense.
    This is one part that frustrates me with TJ - we do see times when he plays as well as a
    QB could or should do but not all the time. I understand there should be a certain amount of leeway given the number of starts under his belt but I'd expect to see a little more from him than we have of late.

So is it the type of coaching or the lack of good coaching that is his issue? If so should be looking ar replacing the QB coach - which I haven't seen suggested anywhere yet - and/or the OC - which has been suggested a few times..lol

The only problem then is that we are committing to a minimum period of time to see if that would make any difference - time that could be otherwise employed on another QB prospect.
    Good evening to the other side of the pond Peter!
    I believe they took a gamble on a very rough diamond and tried to develop him in a short period of time.
    They failed.
    TJ has shown flashes of good QB skill, but only flashes.
    How long do we wait for him to develop?
    Personally, I think we should get a different QB and put TJ on the bench to learn.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Here's my observation: Childress sat Peterson on the first series for being late for a bus. Chester, who loves fumbling in the Red Zone or at crucial moments (loss to the Bears at the dome last year) does a swam dive instead of protecting the ball and FUMBLES AGAIN.
    Childress is a j~~~~~~s. He obviously learned his disciplinary skills hanging out with Andy Reid and his sons.
    Should he discipline a player based on his status on the team and talent level or should he be fair handed with his discipline/punishment?

Wanna bet AD or any other players on this team, never misses the bus again?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Here's my observation: Childress sat Peterson on the first series for being late for a bus. Chester, who loves fumbling in the Red Zone or at crucial moments (loss to the Bears at the dome last year) does a swam dive instead of protecting the ball and FUMBLES AGAIN.
    Childress is a j~~~~~~s. He obviously learned his disciplinary skills hanging out with Andy Reid and his sons.
    Should he discipline a player based on his status on the team and talent level or should he be fair handed with his discipline/punishment?

How did he discipling Robison for his steroids or Smith for his doobie? I missed that.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Not to change the subject much, but am I the only one who thinks that it's total crap that rules allow refs to grant a safety as part of a penalty that occurred in the endzone when the game ball itself was outside of the end zone?!?
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin" wrote:
    Not to change the subject much, but am I the only one who thinks that it's total crap that rules allow refs to grant a safety as part of a penalty that occurred in the endzone when the game ball itself was outside of the end zone?!?
    What does it matter where the ball is?

Example 1:
    QB is holding ball, DB holds WR downfield.
    Penalty on DB - 5 yards for holding, automatic first-down.

Example 2:
    PR is awaiting punt, while the ball is flying through the air, the gunner is forced out-of-bounds and then hit while out-of-bounds.
    Penalty on return team - 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct (happened in yesterday's game).

And on and on and on.

Fact is - the rule is that any penalty on the offense in their end zone is a safety.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

How did he discipling Robison for his steroids or Smith for his doobie? I missed that.
    Did I miss something?
    When was Robison busted for steroids?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Did I miss something?
    He wasn't - that was Ray Edwards.
    And we don't know if it was steroids, just that it was something on the banned performance-enhancing substances list.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sick To My Stomach

"scraaaaazy" wrote:
    I feel sick. Real sick to my stomach. Like I'm gonna vomit right here. We need to start a petition to fire Clueless (Childress lol). We need to start over. This team is horrible. This coach is horrible. I am sick sick sick to my stomach. I am embarrassed and ashamed to be a Vikes fan right now. I almost feel like switching to the Packers for the playoffs. At least root for a winner. But I know I have to root for my vikes, so I will. But I gotta tell ya, it makes me sick. I feel sick to my stomach to be a Vikings fan. I feel like I'm gomma puke for real. Happy New Year too. 8)
    hmmmm.
    I would suggest changing teams.
    Because you are sssssoooooo far offbase; except for the Happy New Year comment.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sick To My Stomach

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "scraaaaazy" wrote:
    I feel sick. Real sick to my stomach. Like I'm gonna vomit right here. We need to start a petition to fire Clueless (Childress lol). We need to start over. This team is horrible. This coach is horrible. I am sick sick sick to my stomach. I am embarrassed and ashamed to be a Vikes fan right now. I almost feel like switching to the Packers for the playoffs. At least root for a winner. But I know I have to root for my vikes, so I will. But I gotta tell ya, it makes me sick. I feel sick to my stomach to be a Vikings fan. I feel like I'm gomma puke for real. Happy New Year too. 8)
    hmmmm.
    I would suggest changing teams.
    Because you are sssssoooooo far offbase; except for the Happy New Year comment.
    LOL.

"I am embarrassed and ashamed to be a Vikes fan right now."

Yeah, we're kind of embarrassed and ashamed that there are Vikings fans like you too...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Did I miss something?
    Oops, typo on that.

Were they disciplined?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast