Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Re: Post Game Thoughts and Observations

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Smoot play really well I thought, I think he deserves his job back to be honest. I didn't like the benching from the start, Griffin showed his inexperience today and it's not a good mix when the Cards WR's are really really good.

Our pass D is awful despite being thrown on so much, we still are awful. Our WR's played excellent today, top notch. Troy showed why he was benched he dropped the only pass his way. Chester's fumble is troubling and he needs to work that out because it's not helping, that's 2nd time in 2 weeks he fumbled and it was retunred for a TD.

Brad played very good as well, if he can stay consistent then maybe we still have a shot. The Panther's lost and so did the Falcons so we are still in it very very much. Though we need to really make some adjustments about our Pass D and D line.
    you mean the d line that is the best in the league at stopping the run?
    Yes because they are not getting pressure, Udeze isn't doing much, Scott hasn't done nothing as of late, Edwards is doing alright from time to time, he was non-exsistant last week. We need more pressure, simple as that.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The win was great but we need to get a whole lot better all around.
    The only part of our game that is fine the way it is is the run defense.

WWBGD

modena11 is offline Rookie

all i can take from this game is we beat the cards. i will enjoy this win, as they seem to be coming few and far between.

positives from the game:

- brad didn't make any mistakes or turnovers. a nice solid performance, and hey, he topped 250 today and 3tds. johnson for MVP.

- chester. we obviously have to realize since this is his first year as a starter, you are going to get that durability/fatigue arguement, but he proved them wrong. he dominated vs a poor team, what a RB needs to do.

- run defence. no need to say more.

- o-line. the rosey/whittle/cook triplett better retain their respective spots on the right side. this game was a good enough job for them to keep their spots.

negatives:

- secondary. teams apparently dont need to run vs us because they can just put up 350+. i dont understand it either. it is truely mindboggling. we take away the run, so it makes teams one dimensional but we cant stop the pass. we can't get to the QB which is driving me crazy and our zones are getting picked apart.

- special teams. someone said disability teams.......hurhurhur, i couldnt agree more.

it was the cards, but a win is a win. and right now i couldnt care less how we put up a W.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

We won!
    Now to hope we can pull off a MIRACLE and beat the Bears in Chicago!

GOOD LUCK!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I don't know about anybody else, but this game was reminding me of that game we had and then lost in AZ. I was figuring Fitz or Boldin was going to come down with that ball in the endzone.

I was suprised to see us get away from the run in the 3rd/4th quarter. Johnson was dropping back it seemed most of the time. I knew Taylor needed some rest, isn't that why we have other running backs? I am not a huge Memo fan, but I will never fully understand why we do not use any other back unless it's 3rd down.

Thanks Josdin

EK49 is offline Waterboy

Overall, I think they played well.

Pass def. needs a over haul.

Special teams needs tweaked again.

and we need some Refs. that are not in some ones pocket.

3 very bad calls in this game.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Good to see our offense come alive for once.. See what happens when Williamson isn't the primary target? We needed that out of our offense today, or we would have been beaten bad.. Our secondary was horrible today.. I understand that 2 of their TD's didn't came by way of their offense, but for Leinart to have over 400 yards passing, and 2 of their WR's to have well over 100 yards recieving is just down right unacceptable.

Nice to see that our offense had 4 scores today.. We shot ourselves in the foot with penalties yet again, but we won the game, and that is what counts.. Chester looked like he was going in for his 2nd TD of the game, but that fumble sucked.. He had a solid game again, and has showed that he is a feature back in the NFL.. That game never should have been that close, so they need alot of work to close games out.. We got the W, so I will be happy for at least the next week..

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    ...Brad haters…TAKE THE WEEK OFF!

;D
    Everybody needs a vacation every once in a while.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

First up - great to meet Singer and his daughter - apparently my new jersey made me stand out and easy to find
    ;D

Positives - good to see our offense get some points on the board at long last. Kudos to Chester Taylor for another good day and also to MRob who reminded us that Viking WRs can catch the balls. Always seems that we live it to the last gasp on a drive before we shake off the conservative play calling and open things up a little - be nice if we saw that earlier on 1st or even second down.
    Penalties were better controlled today though one or two that were avoidable.
    Brad Johnson had a good day today and it looked as if the OL was pass protecting a lot better today as well which helped.

Negatives - Special teams need to wake up, you can't allow the opening KO to be run back for a TD, that plus punt coverage was not the best.
    Not enough pressure by the DL today which gave Leinart time and too much of it. The Ends need to be getting round more and in the QB's face and we didn't do that today.
    Play calling - mixed bag there and I'm sure that Childress doesn't always know where the ball has been spotted - else why call a 4 yd pass play when we're 3rd and 12?? duh !

Crowd - those leaving when there was still 5 mins to play thinking it was all sewn up should be ashamed of themselves. If you can't spare the time to see the full 60 mins in person then stay at home and watch it on TV
    :

Officiating - not so much that the Refs are against us but a good example of the less than consistent level of refereeing that all teams are getting. Why use review and replay if you can't see whats in front of you.

I did also take a load of pics which look promising - I'll see about posting some of them when I'm home at the end of the week

One last thing ... good to see that Denny Green, clock management and good offensive opportunities still can't be placed in the same sentence
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    I don't know about anybody else, but this game was reminding me of that game we had and then lost in AZ. I was figuring Fitz or Boldin was going to come down with that ball in the endzone.

I was suprised to see us get away from the run in the 3rd/4th quarter. Johnson was dropping back it seemed most of the time. I knew Taylor needed some rest, isn't that why we have other running backs? I am not a huge Memo fan, but I will never fully understand why we do not use any other back unless it's 3rd down.
    I was thinking the same thing. It was feeling like deja vu for a little while there. I was at that game in Arizona in '03 and this one looked like it was going to have the same results. Luckily it didn't.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast