Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Post Game Thoughts and Observations

Another close game...sheesh.

Congrats to Brad, Chester, Marcus Robinson and our new "patchwork" offensive line (as the second rate announcers so eloquently put it). The offense seemed like the least of our woes today. They finally played up to their ability. I just wish things didn't get so conservative towards the end of the game. We should have been playing to win, not playing to not lose like we ended up doing. Also congrats to another game where we completely stopped the run.

But...jeers to another game where our pass defense looked as bad as ever (congrats to Cedric Griffin though for a pretty good performance), our special teams struggled on some of the kickoffs (opening kickoff for the TD, onside kick) and Troy Williamson drops another long ball for a possible TD (old news but I had to mention it anyway).

And what was up with half the Metrodome emptying out as the 4th quarter got underway? Now those are some hardcore fans. Quite frankly it was a little embarrassing.

All in all, I'm glad we got the win and I'm going to enjoy it because it's been a while.

Cheers!
    Even babies know the difference.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Smoot play really well I thought, I think he deserves his job back to be honest. I didn't like the benching from the start, Griffin showed his inexperience today and it's not a good mix when the Cards WR's are really really good.

Our pass D is awful despite being thrown on so much, we still are awful. Our WR's played excellent today, top notch. Troy showed why he was benched he dropped the only pass his way. Chester's fumble is troubling and he needs to work that out because it's not helping, that's 2nd time in 2 weeks he fumbled and it was retunred for a TD.

Brad played very good as well, if he can stay consistent then maybe we still have a shot. The Panther's lost and so did the Falcons so we are still in it very very much. Though we need to really make some adjustments about our Pass D and D line.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

A win is a win, but we need to work on stupid penalties and a lot on pass defense.
    BJ did great.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Smoot play really well I thought, I think he deserves his job back to be honest. I didn't like the benching from the start, Griffin showed his inexperience today and it's not a good mix when the Cards WR's are really really good.

Our pass D is awful despite being thrown on so much, we still are awful. Our WR's played excellent today, top notch. Troy showed why he was benched he dropped the only pass his way. Chester's fumble is troubling and he needs to work that out because it's not helping, that's 2nd time in 2 weeks he fumbled and it was retunred for a TD.

Brad played very good as well, if he can stay consistent then maybe we still have a shot. The Panther's lost and so did the Falcons so we are still in it very very much. Though we need to really make some adjustments about our Pass D and D line.
    you mean the d line that is the best in the league at stopping the run?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

First off, I'd like to say...NICE to see a victory!!!
    ;D

CHEERS to:

Brad Johnson - he stepped up and came through with a big game

Chester Taylor - he looked good right from the start, and ran hard and well all day. That fumble call, though? Very poor...

The run defense AGAIN - they stepped up as usual

The wide receivers - They HUNG ONTO the ball!!! And they worked to get open, which was a nice sight to see...

The D as a whole - coming up with the turnovers when we needed them!

JEERS to:

The referees - bad calls on both sides, something has GOT to be done with these clowns

Vikes' pass defense - carved up like the Thanksgiving turkey I had Thursday...

Vikes' special teams - not special AT ALL... sloppy tackling attempts all day.

Overall, a good win when we needed it, and Brad Johnson stepped up!

Feels good!
    ;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The easiest way the D can improve is by increasing pressure on the QB.
    There isn't a secondary in the league that can keep receivers covered if the QB has time to make all the reads.
    I have no basis in saying this other than observational opinion, but what happened to the blitz packages?
    It seems like they have fallen off during the losing streak.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

First of all, I'll take the win!

On the positive side, the offense did look better. We mixed it up some with longer throws and got our TE's more involved. BJ didnt turn the ball over, which is crucial for this O. But the pass D... They attempted only five runs all game, that's as one-dimensional as it ever gonna get. And we still gave up more than 400 yards passing. I know that our seconday is bad, but this bad? ???

Ayresd is offline Training Camp

Talk about Heart in Mouth.

Phew. But, think on, dare I mention it, look at all the teams on 5-6...

Can the Pats beat the Bears now, can the Titans knock the Giants back, Indy must take the Eagles. Who does it favor us to win? the **ckers or the Hawks.

We have them Bears next..

Sounds like the last day of the season already.

Is there a chance, even hope ? ? ?.
    See, Jesus Is Purple..

Wow..our offense really improved, what was it about 2 3 and outs? nice. Chester kept it going today and BJ stepped up this week. I got nervous at the end there but it turned out good with d.smith having a good day.

The reffs were TERRIBLE! especially on the Chester fumble on the 1....also if anyone remembers that facemask call that got waved??? He took chesters helmate off my the facemask!! w/e, we finally win one.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hate those last second wins,
    I can't stand holding my breath that long.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast