Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post Game Thoughts/Observations

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Negatives:
    O-line was bad.
    Penalties (phantom in some cases) killed us.
    C-Pep looked terrible.
    Run game was terrible. (both could be results of #1)
    Tice/O-Coordinator still suck at play calling

Postives:
    Kicker
    Punter
    Defense did very well, especially considering the TO situation and the positions we put them in.

Howry didn't suck.
    Man it feels good to have the Kicker that can kick a 53 yd FG.

With the D we have, and the Kicker and the Punter, we will be alright in the close games this year.

Don't give up on us yet. I am not promising the flashy offense of past but when we get on track we will score points.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I put it all on daunte. we still had a chance to win the game and he passed the ball to moe where it was intercepted. If you look at the reply, daunte had a lot of room in front of him to run the ball. he should have ran the ball for about 5 yards and the bucs would have used another timeout and it would have been second and goal. The blame of this game should be placed on daunte.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We beat ourselves...

"VikingsChokeJobComingSoon" wrote:
    This is what you guys say after every loss. "They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves." It's like you think that makes it better. YOU LOST.
    You obviously don't understand our situation. You are an anti vikings fan trying to stir things up. Look at the game. Daunte thre 3 INT's and had 2 fumbles. That would be beating ourselves dumbass.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

The Oline stunk it up as well as Daunte. I was yelling on the next to last INT(oh how I hate saying that)RUN Daunte, RUN RUN RUN. What does he do? Another beautiful INT!!!
    :roll:
    He was not ready to play it looked like to me.
    THe refs need to be poked with tar-laden sticks in the eyes.
    Bennett had one good run and the OLINE STUNK IT UP BAD!!!
    PEEEEE-UUUUUUUUU!!!
    Did I mention that the OLINE stunk the place up like limburger cheese?????

And one last thing..............
    O-Line YOU STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Damnit Daunte.....Damnit! Could anything more have gone wrong? Daunte NEEDS to calm down! Oh yeah, and the refs need to get some glasses. That first Wiggins TD was clean!

Our D did play well...the only problem with the game is that we gave their offense too many tries to score. They need to work on their turnovers, if they can just play solid offense, nothing huge, but solid, then we will have a playoff team. Our run defense looked a lot better the first 3 quarters of the game, but our pass defense needs to improve, we did get lucky with a LOT of dropped passes. They need to STOP sending Bennett up the middle, everyone knows that he goes down easily (except on the one play where he broke like 5 tackles).

I still believe this is our year. All you Packer-Backers out there, just remember how your season started last season. Our division is weak this year, just one loss does not mean a thing.

Anyway, we have the bengals next week, should be a lot more fun for us Vikings fans to watch!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

its only one game I think we will be ok. Things did not look so good today but I really think we will be ok.
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I put it all on daunte. we still had a chance to win the game and he passed the ball to moe where it was intercepted. If you look at the reply, daunte had a lot of room in front of him to run the ball. he should have ran the ball for about 5 yards and the bucs would have used another timeout and it would have been second and goal. The blame of this game should be placed on daunte.
    It isn't all his fault, but he does need to shoulder a lot of it for the TO, fumbles and INTs, TOO MANY.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    The Oline stunk it up as well as Daunte. I was yelling on the next to last INT(oh how I hate saying that)RUN Daunte, RUN RUN RUN. What does he do? Another beautiful INT!!!
    :roll:
    He was not ready to play it looked like to me.
    THe refs need to be poked with tar-laden sticks in the eyes.
    Bennett had one good run and the OLINE STUNK IT UP BAD!!!
    PEEEEE-UUUUUUUUU!!!
    Did I mention that the OLINE stunk the place up like limburger cheese?????

And one last thing..............
    O-Line YOU STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The last INT was not his fault, I put that one on Moe. The rest of them were all his fault though.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Positives:

1. Punting
    2. Kicking
    3. Newman
    4. Sharper

Negatives:

1. Culpepper
    2. TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS
    3. Burleson
    4. Loney
    5. O-LINE
    6. Run Game

To cure all of these problems I say we get big David Dixon back, start Mewelde, fricken YELL AT CULPEPPER, and fire loney.
    I agree that we need dixon back and Moore should be starting. Culpepper will work through it, he just seemed uncomfortable he was the complete oppisite of what he was in the preseason and last year. Iam also not a fan of Loney I beleive that he should be up in the booth you cant have him doubling his duties as oline coach as well. It is to much to focus on in one game for one person.

speedy is offline Training Camp

On that td by Williams, did anyone notice the center was all the way over the line before the ball was snapped? It wouldn't have made any difference because we were determined to lose.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast