Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Post Game Thoughts/Observations

sucking sucks

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

They decided to give Shaun Hill some more responsibility this season so they were letting him call in the plays hopefully he either does it better or they give that job to someone who can handle it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

I think Culpepper just want to prove all the people that said the vikings offense wont be the same. He just tried to hard and got himself and the vikings in trouble.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    How is this the RB's fault? The offensive line played terrible and there were defenders in the backfield before they even got the ball. Daunte had very little time to throw the ball most of the time, and usually got hit right after he threw it.

Positives: the defense looked solid and the special teams looked good. Our D actually kept us in a game and gave us the opportunity to win the game in the closing minutes.

Negatives: the offensive line played horrible! Too many turnovers and mistakes. Daunte did not look comfortable in the pocket, there were many times he should have just took off and ran. Steve Loney needs to get his crap together or pack his bags. 2 FG's against an average Bucs team at the Dome is unacceptable.

All in all, the team, especially the offense, did not look ready to play today. I place the blame directly on the coaching staff. If they don't get this fixed soon, Ted Cottrell will be the only coach left next season.
    Dead on, dude! I am thinking more and more that Tice will not make it past this season...maybe not even to the end of it! I hope that he does turn it around because I like him and think that he is a good personnel person...but Wilf, as a new owner, will be pretty quick to pull the trigger and put his own person in there if Tice doesn't go very deep into the playoffs.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"FuadFan" wrote:
    They decided to give Shaun Hill some more responsibility this season so they were letting him call in the plays hopefully he either does it better or they give that job to someone who can handle it.
    why the heck would we have Hill giving out the plays. i know the backup QB usually just relays the play the offensive coordinator chose to play. so in that respect the only reason i would be upset with Hill giving the plays to Pep is it seemed to me that we were usually snapping the ball off with like 2 to 3 seconds left on the play clock. that leaves us no time for o-line assignments or anything, i wonder if that was Hill's fault?

Thanks Josdin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    How is this the RB's fault? The offensive line played terrible and there were defenders in the backfield before they even got the ball. Daunte had very little time to throw the ball most of the time, and usually got hit right after he threw it.

Positives: the defense looked solid and the special teams looked good. Our D actually kept us in a game and gave us the opportunity to win the game in the closing minutes.

Negatives: the offensive line played horrible! Too many turnovers and mistakes. Daunte did not look comfortable in the pocket, there were many times he should have just took off and ran. Steve Loney needs to get his crap together or pack his bags. 2 FG's against an average Bucs team at the Dome is unacceptable.

All in all, the team, especially the offense, did not look ready to play today. I place the blame directly on the coaching staff. If they don't get this fixed soon, Ted Cottrell will be the only coach left next season.
    Dead on, dude! I am thinking more and more that Tice will not make it past this season...maybe not even to the end of it! I hope that he does turn it around because I like him and think that he is a good personnel person...but Wilf, as a new owner, will be pretty quick to pull the trigger and put his own person in there if Tice doesn't go very deep into the playoffs.
    If he gets fired, it will be because we are doing terrible. That is why I have a hard time routing against Tice. If we go to the playoffs and don't get too deep, he just won't get his contract renewed, which is probably what should have happened last year.

Someone has got to have the Horse sense to figure out if Tice can actually do the job and make that decision. Someone on the inside, owner or GM(whatever the title is), someone has got to step up.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:

If he gets fired, it will be because we are doing terrible. That is why I have a hard time routing against Tice. If we go to the playoffs, he just won't get his contract renewed.

Someone has got to have the Horse sense to figure out if Tice can actually do the job and make that decision. Someone on the inside, owner or GM(whatever the title is), someone has got to step up.
    If Wilfi give Tice the ax .... look out for Jimmy Fassel. Telling ya, Wilfi loves the guy. You think your offense looked bland, boring, and bad today ... Let Fassel get ahold of it ... yikes !!!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    why the heck would we have Hill giving out the plays. i know the backup QB usually just relays the play the offensive coordinator chose to play. so in that respect the only reason i would be upset with Hill giving the plays to Pep is it seemed to me that we were usually snapping the ball off with like 2 to 3 seconds left on the play clock. that leaves us no time for o-line assignments or anything, i wonder if that was Hill's fault?
    DC got the plays and he was always trying to audible out(in the first half) that is why it was right down to the wire.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think we cut any coach mid-season. But if Tice and CO. Blows it this year....In with a new Head and Offensive coach. Keep Teddy, he did great now that he has the talent.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If Wilfi give Tice the ax .... look out for Jimmy Fassel. Telling ya, Wilfi loves the guy. You think your offense looked bland, boring, and bad today ... Let Fassel get ahold of it ... yikes !!!!!"

We keep Tice in. I don't wan't to see another Steckel disaster in my lifetime :shock:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast