Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Post Game Thoughts

I dont know what was up with the soft coverage on most plays i dont know if it was the game plan or what (kinda wierd). I really didn't think we blitzed that much. But when we did he threw the ball away. Like the Claiborne blitz where Vinny threw a intentional grounding. And EJ got some pressure also. They did get beat on one blitz where the boys called a screen play to the right. But mostly jsut blitzing with there front four.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Post Game Thoughts

The Cowboys did a good job reading the blitz, but then again so did Daunte.

Henderson and Thomas were all over the field. Those guys have some speed. Only time they had trouble was when the Cowboys, mainly Lee ran right at them. I think Philly will probably try the same thing and I think we'll have problems there.

You're right about the soft coverage. If we do that with TO he will burn us. The Giants gave him a cushion and he took advantage of it.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Post Game Thoughts

I just hope and pray we dont collapse like last year. I would be happy as hell if we went 11-5 or 12-4 and won the division. The Packers hopefully are the cellar dwellers and the bears will be too but the lions will finsih 8-8.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Post Game Thoughts

Alright. I liked the offense. Daunte looked about as sharp as I've ever seen or any body for that matter. thing is, some of those incompletions were him throwing the ball away.

However, again, I didn't like the play calling in the end-zone. Can anybody tell me why we passed the ball 2 straight time on a first and goal from the 1? Ridiculous. That can burn us in the future.

On defense i agree, the soft coverage, esp. at the end of the first half made us look terrible. 65-70 yards in 25 seconds. Just plain awful.

For a sprained knee, B. Williams looked awsome, and yes Winfield is worth every penny!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Post Game Thoughts

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    The offense and defense did ok the big concer as I see it is the Vikings special teams in perticular the kick coverage team!

Morten had a couple of line drive kick that went deep but short on hang time and that casued a lot of our problems on kick-offs. Mike Tice said in his press conference today that he will have Travis Dorsch will be doing the kickoffs Monday night.

He also made a comment on Punter Bennet, that made me think that Dorch might be doing the punts too.

OK, so it hasn't been just me who has thought bennett has been doing a bad job at punting so far.

Maybe I am the only other one Muchluv but I think he is not the answer we are looking for. Would like to give Dorsh a try and see what he can do and then we do not have to carry 3 kickers.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Post Game Thoughts

We need to cut the Corey Chavous blitz package out. Did anyone else see him get pancaked by their o-line on one of his blitzes!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Post Game Thoughts

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    I thought Morten Andersen did pretty well on the kickoffs. He got it inside the 5 the first one, and inside the 10 on the others. The only short one I saw was because of the 15 yard excessive celebration penalty after Campebells TD. He also saved a TD on that long kick return by acting like a speed bump so Winfield could tackle him.

Still would like to see someone else handle kickoffs to save his leg for field goals. Extra points were perfect.

Offense was spectacular, enough said!

Defense needs work, but played a lot better in the second half.
    actually the big return was becasue of a low kick that didn;t have the hangtime. So sure he booted it down there but it was a poor kick
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Post Game Thoughts

A couple of things that I noticed from the game:

1. Dontarius Thomas is a fricken' monster.
    2. Our linebacking corp is so much faster than in previous seasons. (How about EJ splitin' the gap on that run inside the 20 and preventing a TD, cuz if he didn't make the tackle nobody would've)
    3. Our O-line played great
    4. Williams hittin' Meshawn hard!
    5. Winfield already paying off!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Post Game Thoughts

Hey, they found a way to stop our offense. Sit on our WRs

Northlander is offline Rookie

Post Game Thoughts

"rjkvikings" wrote:
    Hey, they found a way to stop our offense. Sit on our WRs
    Who stopped our O :?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast