Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post game thought, comments, and observations

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    Well you better take another bitter pill. If you think that we are playing for the division or the championship this year, you are definatly in the clouds. What do you really expect for the FIRST year of a whole new scheme? I understand that you want excellence, but you are just a fan. There is nothing, and I repeat, nothing that YOU can do to win or lose the game for the Vikings (and if this really gets you upset "Sorry"). I do value your dedication, but man, the way your panties get in a wad scares me (your health must be questionable at best when the vikes play). I love this team, and have been since I was five (I'm 38 now). However, through the years, I have learned to choose my battles. I have a beautiful family, and the Vikings are just a team I love. Maybe one day you will realize this and come to the understanding that I have. Rant and rave all you like (just like Grounds Keeper Willie). Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature. I guess living in Hawaii gives me this advantage.

I never said Childress was a genius for his play calling that won us the game. All I'm trying to say is that coaches do not or would not coach off of pure emotion like you would. There is more to the game. This is why he is a coach in the NFL, and you are on this board stating all of the things that you would have done (which would have been much better to "win all the games").
    If you think that we are playing for the division or the championship this year, you are definatly in the clouds.

Why is it such a "stretch" of the imagination to think this team isn't playing for the division title?
    Are you buying into the media hype that the Bears are "Unbeatable"?
    I was at the Bears game and we had them on the ropes the entire game.
    Dominating line play, moving the ball up and down the field.
    Costly penalities, turnovers at critical times in the game, and Smoot giving 9 yrd cushions cost us that game ... We beat ourselves.
    For point of emphasis, If the "O" line picks up that block and Taylor doesn't have the ball knocked out of his hands ... We are 4-1 and the Bears are 4-1, tied on top of the division going into the Bye week.

I do value your dedication, but man, the way your panties get in a wad scares me (your health must be questionable at best when the vikes play). I love this team, and have been since I was five (I'm 38 now). However, through the years, I have learned to choose my battles. I have a beautiful family, and the Vikings are just a team I love. Maybe one day you will realize this and come to the understanding that I have. Rant and rave all you like (just like Grounds Keeper Willie). Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature. I guess living in Hawaii gives me this advantage.

FYI ... My health during Vikes games has never been and never will be in question.
    I fully dedicate myself to a select few things and place my time and effort fully into them.
    My family is great and comes first and foremost in life, along with God and a few very close friend.
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Majority of time you will find me outside with my family or my little man. [/size] [/size] [/size]
    For 3hrs+ on Sundays and whatever time I spend here on PP.O, it's all Vikes, whole heartedly.

Since your new, I will give ya a pass.
    I live in FL, within 4 miles of beach which I walk numerous times a week with those who are close to me and spend alot of time hanging out at.

My question is, If you have been a fan for so many years, how come you don't come to expect more out of this team?
    The first year H.C., scheme, "D" and "O" coordinator stuff is bull.
    They have already proven this year there is plenty of talent on the team to not only compete, but beat any given team in the NFL.
    It just comes down to the amount of effort given on Sundays.

Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature.

First you question my health, then you suggest I go an use depressants to go "chill" out, I hope for humanities sake your not in the medical field.

;D

I decide on a few things in life to dedicate my life too, as my time is as valueable to me as anyone else.
    The "things" I decide to focus my attention on, get my full, undivided attention.
    If you do not feel the same way, that is okay also.
    Just do not criticize those who feel more strongly on a topic than you, such as the Vikes performance in a game.

This board is open to all ages, opinions, and lifestyles.
    Next time, don't make it personal, keep it to general discussions of the topic at hand.
    Many others will appreciate it also.
    Are you talking about your proclivity for FLASHING people?

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Settle down folks.

We won.
    Deal with it.

:

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

so a first year offense gets a pass because its a new scheme and theyre still learning, yet our first year cover-2 D is doing amazing

Tomlin is younger version of Dungy

i dont understand this man crush on childress by everyone. with all the extra coaches childress has, why does he continue to call plays? if thats what he wanted to do he should have signed as an offensive coordinator somewhere else, because andy reid sure didnt trust him.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    Well you better take another bitter pill. If you think that we are playing for the division or the championship this year, you are definatly in the clouds. What do you really expect for the FIRST year of a whole new scheme? I understand that you want excellence, but you are just a fan. There is nothing, and I repeat, nothing that YOU can do to win or lose the game for the Vikings (and if this really gets you upset "Sorry"). I do value your dedication, but man, the way your panties get in a wad scares me (your health must be questionable at best when the vikes play). I love this team, and have been since I was five (I'm 38 now). However, through the years, I have learned to choose my battles. I have a beautiful family, and the Vikings are just a team I love. Maybe one day you will realize this and come to the understanding that I have. Rant and rave all you like (just like Grounds Keeper Willie). Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature. I guess living in Hawaii gives me this advantage.

I never said Childress was a genius for his play calling that won us the game. All I'm trying to say is that coaches do not or would not coach off of pure emotion like you would. There is more to the game. This is why he is a coach in the NFL, and you are on this board stating all of the things that you would have done (which would have been much better to "win all the games").
    If you think that we are playing for the division or the championship this year, you are definatly in the clouds.

Why is it such a "stretch" of the imagination to think this team isn't playing for the division title?
    Costly penalities, turnovers at critical times in the game, and Smoot giving 9 yrd cushions cost us that game ... We beat ourselves.
    For point of emphasis, If the "O" line picks up that block and Taylor doesn't have the ball knocked out of his hands ... We are 4-1 and the Bears are 4-1, tied on top of the division going into the Bye week.

I do value your dedication, but man, the way your panties get in a wad scares me (your health must be questionable at best when the vikes play). I love this team, and have been since I was five (I'm 38 now). However, through the years, I have learned to choose my battles. I have a beautiful family, and the Vikings are just a team I love. Maybe one day you will realize this and come to the understanding that I have. Rant and rave all you like (just like Grounds Keeper Willie). Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature. I guess living in Hawaii gives me this advantage.

FYI ... My health during Vikes games has never been and never will be in question.
    I fully dedicate myself to a select few things and place my time and effort fully into them.
    My family is great and comes first and foremost in life, along with God and a few very close friend.
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Majority of time you will find me outside with my family or my little man. [/size] [/size] [/size]
    For 3hrs+ on Sundays and whatever time I spend here on PP.O, it's all Vikes, whole heartedly.

I live in FL, within 4 miles of beach which I walk numerous times a week with those who are close to me and spend alot of time hanging out at.

My question is, If you have been a fan for so many years, how come you don't come to expect more out of this team?
    They have already proven this year there is plenty of talent on the team to not only compete, but beat any given team in the NFL.

Maybe you just need to grab a beer or six, and just go outside and chill with nature.

First you question my health, then you suggest I go an use depressants to go "chill" out, I hope for humanities sake your not in the medical field.

;D

I decide on a few things in life to dedicate my life too, as my time is as valueable to me as anyone else.
    The "things" I decide to focus my attention on, get my full, undivided attention.
    Just do not criticize those who feel more strongly on a topic than you, such as the Vikes performance in a game.

Next time, don't make it personal, keep it to general discussions of the topic at hand.

No, just Yo MoMmA !!!!!!!!!!!

:-*

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"NavyChief" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt]Bills fan here...Congrats on the comeback.
    Sorry we weren't much help with the Bears.[/size][/size]
    Just stomp the Packers into oblivion...that always make us feel a lot better!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

;D

No wonder she's been laughing so much lately!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

;D

No wonder she's been laughing so much lately!
    Ya, a sneak peek every once in awhile will do that for her ... put her in a good mood, that is.
    She's been kinda cantankerous since the birth of a certain, not-to-be named individual.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Nope not new at all. I just learned not to dedicate all my energy for something that I personally do not have any effect on. All I'm saying is that you are a fan. Wonderful! However, you personally have no effect on the team winning or losing. To answer your question. I am not in the medical field, however, my wife is. She is a triple board (adult psychiatrist, child psychiatrist, and pediatrician). She is the one that convinced me to let some of the passion go and that the team will win or lose WITHOUT me! Pretty smart lady if I say so.

I'm glad you spend time with your loved ones (there isn't enough time in this short life anyway). I'm also glad you live in Florida (I visited there a couple of summers ago). It was nice, but not as nice as the islands. All I was trying to convey is that people need to chill out, so much stress is not good for anyone's health. All the luck to you and the family. Once again, I never attacked you personally. I think you took my concern for the negativity as a personal attack.

FYI: it has been proven that a beer or two a day will help you live longer. A six pack is not a depressant. The Vikings O is right now.

I did not buy into the media hype. However, you have to admit, the Bears do look pretty solid. Let's see....They beat the same team we lost to. Hell, they scored 40 on them (I believe that was the final score). I just see the Bears looking much more confident on O each and every week. The fact that we blew the game in the Metrodome really hurt us. Who the hell, in our division, will help keep the Bears from taking the NFC North?

I would love to have the Vikings win the divison or the whole thing the first year with new coaches. Who has done this before? Especially with a division rival that is playing so well. I love to think that we had the Bears on the ropes. That game is over. The next meeting at Solider field will be a whole different team. I hope that we will be also.

Not being positive or negative. I am only being realistic. I hope we do win the division and the whole thing. I love to eat crow! But, I won't have my bib on right away.

Sorry for the long post.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

we are 3/2 .. that's a lot better then many teams.. and a little less productive then others.

but look around... our D has really made some statements this year. We have come to the end of games riding their success and finishing off just when we needed to. Like this game..
    wether it be ints, fumble recoveries, or 3 n outs.. our D has really come up HUGE for the team. and this game was just another showing of that.

a lot of people are gonna cretisize b.chill for his play callling.. alli can say is .. yo.. it's his FIRST year as a HC!!
    he's trying to bring in a COMPLETLY
    different style of ball. we no longer are the 4k-5k passing yardage team.. we are no longer the Cpep-Moss 15TD pair.. and we are DEF no longer the M.b or R.s we'll play for 3 games get hurt and leave you high and dry running team either.

what you will see is the development of other plays coming and going.. as the personel build and gets set we'll begin to see things take shape. the nfl network had a good statement.. amatuers practice till they get it right. pro's practice till they can't get it wrong.. well.. we're still getting it wrong.. once we can't get the basics wrong.. then watch for the fancier stuff.

to the D..

16 yrds rushing allowed... that's #@$%#!% amazing!!! i mean holy solid pooh!~!!
    with the dangerous front 4 always seeming to be in kitna's face.. we rarely needed to throw in the blitz. and wow can phat pat move!!! that up the middle jump he got was like watching a charging bull @ full speed.. charging @ kitna.. hell i bet he dropped a lot more in his shorts before he dropped the ball.

a lot of teams are going to be wary of our D.. and as time goes and esp as the bye is here and leaves us healthier and fresher.. watch them to be suprised in the 2nd half by our O

it'll be funny by the end of the year who's gonna win the team with the meanest D..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789