Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post game thought, comments, and observations

Good: DEFENSE! W00t! Wow...what a great game by them. Two defensive touchdowns, and one that really swung the momentum our way. They gave up something like 10 yards rushing and were hawks most of the day on the football. Great job D!

P.S.- Sharper is a whore for INTs. But I love him.
    ;D

Brad on the TD drive. THAT is the way this offense works. We were criticized for being "dink and dunk", but when your receivers get open at the right moments, it doesn't matter how long you go for as long as you move the sticks. As ugly as we were for part of the game, Brad was still 26/34.

Great game by Chester today. He had great vision and really made some great plays. Congrats to him as well.

Momentum: This gives us some momentum and something to feed off of going into the bye. If we went into the bye going 0-3 in our last three games, I think we would have been in deep pooh.

Bad: The offense for the first three quarters. We were sluggish, and the only one doing his job was Chester. The line was blocking well for the run, but I thought the pocket collapsed too quickly on Brad for a lot of the time. Couple that with receivers not really getting open and you got the dink and dunk show, which were all short passes at the wrong place and the wrong time, not within the gameplan.

Special Teams. It seemed like MeMo had guys in his face all day as soon as he caught the punt, he fumbled one away, we had an extra point blocked and once again had average returns on kickoffs. Our ST have been disappointing with th exception of Longwell's kicking.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It looks like we all had better stock up on the heart medicine...because I think that all of our games are going to be heart-stoppers!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bobbybryant101 is offline Waterboy

I'll be the one to begin the QB controversy, I do believe Bradley may need to sit, he was awful, being that it was against a sieve of a secondary doesn't help his cause. The defense came through again, man is that nice to see.
    I'm hoping the off week helps, if Brad has another bad game vs. Seattle, I hope we see Tarvaris.
    A win is a win though, go Vikes.

Smudge is offline Waterboy

Great effort by the defense!

Offense.............not pretty.
    Did you see Hutchinson's "block" on 3rd and goal from the one when Taylor got stuffed?
    For the money he's getting, such a pathetic red zone effort is inexcusable.
    Everyone makes a mistake now and then, but to give such little effort.......... >

Brad wasn't great, but I don't want to trade him for Jon Kitna!
    I just laughed and laughed on that interception to Henderson.

Chester Taylor was in top form today.
    Great effort!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

what concerns me the most is still penalties, and the lack of effort on the PAT block..that is all about on-field discipline, and it needs to improve, vastly
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"bobbybryant101" wrote:
    I'll be the one to begin the QB controversy, I do believe Bradley may need to sit, he was awful, being that it was against a sieve of a secondary doesn't help his cause. The defense came through again, man is that nice to see.
    I'm hoping the off week helps, if Brad has another bad game vs. Seattle, I hope we see Tarvaris.
    I think you're wrong on that account. I admit that Brad wasn't pretty for the first 2 1/2 quarters, but the drive to make it 17-10 he looked great, and only got one drive after that (where yes, he did make a stupid throw down the field when he had a guy open for the first down). His dink and dunk passes really worked well on the drive we scored on, because the receievers were actually getting open! Brad was 6/6 on that drive.

I think the whole offense with the exception of Taylor was flat again for the first half. I don't think you can put it on Brad. I do think we need to stretch the field though. The short stuff isn't ALWAYS going to work, and I think Childress has to do a better job of putting some deep plays together.

Also, if Childress would bench Brad for a while (which I don't think he will), I doubt we are going to see Tarvaris. Childress said he was 2 or 3 years away when we drafted him, he's only beein Childress's offense for 5 or 6 months and his only NFL experience is in preseason. I'd rather see Bollinger play than Tarvaris.

I humbly disagree.
    ;D

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"bobbybryant101" wrote:
    We can't bench Brad we won't look any better with Bollinger or Jackson despite your thoughts about it. As for the game our defense is looking more beastly as we go despite losing people at every layer this year Tomlin has had a great impact on these guys to make them play better. The offense needs work so I hope Childress keeps them on their toes during the bye week for our upcoming Seahawk game but Chester Taylor is a quality NFL RB and we should be glad to have him on our team.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

A supreme defense and an inept passing offense make us an inferior version of the Baltimore Ravens. I'll admit I was going crazy with our conservative passing attack. As someone else has said, it looked like every time we needed certain yardage for a first down, BJ would throw a yard or two short. 3rd-and-8? BJ throws for 7. 3rd-and-4? BJ shovel passes for 3. It was very frustrating for three quarters, but then Pat Williams ran through the Detroit O-Line without being touched and the momentum instantly swung back to us. I'm in love with our defense, it's the best I've ever seen in Purple-and-Gold (I haven't been following the Vikes for 3 or 4 decades back to the time of the Purple People Eaters like some on this board!) and it totally shut down the Lions offense.

If our passing attack had any kind of potency we'd be a threat, but I'm not going to jump on the "Start Tarvaris Jackson" bandwagon..

Just yet.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Great game as usual for our defense.. We haven't given up 20 points yet this season, and that says alot seing as though we have played Washington in Washington,
    Carolina, and Chicago.. Those are 3 of the top teams in the NFL..

It didn't look good there for a while at the beginning.. I had said that the Vikes would have been the laughing stock of football if they would have lost that game at home against the winless Lions.. Our offense has stunk it up thus far, with the exception of Chester Taylor.. I was really hoping that he would get a rushing TD for his tremendous effort running the ball..

Next up Seattle Seahawks.. The bye should do wonders for our team I would imagine.. The offense needs to step it up big time.. I don't think TJ will be the answer this season as he is a rookie, and has had a surgery already this season.. Stick with BJ, and hopefully our line and WR's will do their part to win games..

Game ball goes to: Our defense.. Good job boys for keeping us in, and winning the game..

Hoorah!!!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm happy that we won by more than 3, hopefully the bye helps.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast