Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Post Game Comments, Observations, and Venting

There have been a lot of good comments about our D, there have also been many bad comments about our O.
    But, if the D would have held the Bills on set of down earlier instead of making us use the last of our TO and giving them a first down on a penalty, we might have won that game.

Complete game.
    We have to play a complete game.

72 on O and the D-line offside calls killed us today.

vikingsFTW!! is offline Waterboy

Un-freaking-believable, the viking have once again proven to me that they are not ready to take the next step.
    Losing to a medicore Bills team just exposes the holes in our team. To me our offense is whats holding us back im mean come on in the four game weve played weve scored 19-16-16-12 looks like its getting worse.
    I dont necessialy blame bj but if we cant score more then 19 points a game we are going to lose a lot of games. At this point if we cant get our act together I think were looking at a 7-9 season.
    Sorry for the rant but i had to get that of my chest. >

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Alright, here we go.

First things first.

Tackling:

If you want to call it that.

What the Vikings did today, was the most pathetic, sickening, disgusting display of tackling by a football team I have ever seen. Even the NCAA yesterday had 18 and 19 year old players knowing tackling fundamentals better.

Today that TD to Price ended up hurting us more than the field goal they would have more than likely gotten. Which brings me to my next point.

Smoot:

Just sad. Not only does he not cover, but he looks like he is AFRAID to tackle! How many times will he wrap up on someone or just flat out miss? It just pains me to see these guys have the privelage to play on Sunday's and make a mockery of the game by playing so gutless.

Marcus Johnson:

This could be the coaching also, but you would think after they tried to ignore Julius Peppers that they wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Wrong. Too bad on a few plays Johnson just ignored him along with our back and let him have a free shot at Johnson.

That however, is not my biggest gripe with him.

If, IF he can avoid his 3rd or 4th motion penatly on that 2 point conversion, we have a wonderful chance of scoring and only needing a FG. That mistake hurt us as much as anything else.

Brad Johnson:

I don't really ever voice my disgust with the man on this board, because most of you think just because he is our quarterback that it is un-loyal to bash him, but now its time.

Anyone else notice how every pass he throws is just nothing more than a quick dump or swing pass? Thats why we can't convert 3rd downs. We have 3rd and 15. Johnson throws it 8 yards to a back or TE and the defense just rushes up and stops them 3-4 yards short. Every time. Never fails.

Now that other teams are seeing how he operates, it's not going to be hard to shut us down. Hence the no TD's in 12 quarters straight.

I know he is a "great game manager," but give me a break. I can stand back there too and throw 5-10 yard passes all day long myself.

Williamson:

STEP THE **** UP!

What else more is there to say?

Play calling:

Once again, game comes down to the wire and our play calling turns foolish.

Particually on the last drive.

================================================== =========

How about a little good news though?

Wiggins:

The man keeps proving to be a reliable target. He deserves the ball more.

It's over:

Only other good news I have right now.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Right now I am really pissed off... I have no idea why BJ led Robinson that much when he was wide open.. If he could have made a accurate throw on the run, Robinson could have scored on that pass.. He was way wide open and didn't have to lead him that much...

TW is showing why we need a true #1 WR.. I think we should honestly start M-Rob instead of him.. Sure he has great speed, but that speed does nothing when you can't hold on to a ball.. I have no idea why they always wait until the end of the game to make things interesting.. Now that loss to Chicago is really going to hurt us.. Does anyone else understand that if Green Bay can somehow get lucky tomorrow night that the Vikes would be in 3rd place in the division? They would hold the edge with the win over Detroit.. Pathetic indeed..

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

That was an ugly game to watch and I feel like crap right now but props to the Bills they played well and earned the win.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

offense was offensive.. it would be nice to catch the ball... like 3-4 dropped!!
    and what was up with BJ.. he missed like 7/8 open receivers on some plays.. he was almost immediatly looking to the check down guy..

defense.. it'd be nice if we could tackle.. (cough cough peerless price)

ugh.. 2-2 going into the detroit game.. we better kick their butts!
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Gift is offline Coordinator

Well, where to begin?

OFFENSE - Childress says "it's close" last week, my ass it is.
    It's a joke, they can't produce anything other than a dump for 4 yards and the entire core of sub-par WR's will always come up with a big drop when the game is on the line.
    This is going to be one ugly season, I can't see it going any other way.

DEFENSE - Good job for the most part, missed some plays but held them to 17.

OVERALL - This was a bad team today.
    Penalties, Penalties, Penalties.
    Game is on the line going for 2 & we get a penalty, big 3rd down play, penalty.
    It always seems to be raining flags when the vikings play.
    This team was not prepared & that reflects on the coaches!
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Im just frustrated why didnt take advantage of them starting 3 rookies on defense

PENALTIES..

Why did Udeze jump on that.. DONT!!

False start on 2 point conversion LOL

We go out and goes down the field, the players wont to score a touchdown, but Childress wont let them.. Draw play on 3rd and long..

Recivers.. DONT DROP THE FUCKING BALL..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

We didn't deserve to win this game, we looked flat, we looked like we lost the game before it even started. Ugly.

OFFENSE:
    I counted at least 5 dropped passes by our WR's and TE's. Two hands on the ball type drops. Unreal. Brad wasn't that impressive but he can't catch the ball for our WR's. I refuse to blame brad for this game, he had some open WR's he didn't see but damn, had those guys caught those early balls the whole game might have turned out different.

We will have to use the pass to set up the run, teams don't fear our passing game, mostly because we continue to drop footballs. We can't run on first down, we constintly loose 1 to 3 yards on first down running the ball.

Birk doesn't look very good, couple years ago on those one on one situations he would dominate a DT. Two years off have really hurt him i don't know if he will ever get back to the same level. Marcus Johnson isn't a bad Tackle but his costly mistakes kill us.

The play calling is rather retared at times but mostly disapointed in the personell on the field at times. Klinny needs to be on the field more. Why keep wiggins on the field in a passing situation when your using the TE to block?

DEFENSE:
    Really really bad tackling, even EJ tackled porly wich is uncharacteristic of him. Smoot... I miss Brian Williams. A sure tackler, always durable good man coverage and much better for a zone cover defense like a cover 2. To bad we game smoot all that money, i'd cut him but the salary hit is not good. Go watch a Jacksonville game, they got there moneys worth on BWill. A physical tough presence.

Our defense does not play a cover two well at all, anytime the QB has time he picks us apart, our only chance is to blitz and get pressure, our front four doesn't produce enough pass rush to play the cover two effectivly.

Greg Blue should see the field more. Two really nice plays to keep our team in the football game.

All in all really disapointed in the tackling, and smoot should be real close to the bench. He's had one good game as a viking against the redskins, othere than that he's proven to be almost worthless.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

So I go to take a dump after the game and I tell me roomy that I am "about to go pull a Troy Williamson".

Why? Because I had to go 'Drop One'.

I dubbed the phrase....that one's all me....

Joking aside, our team sucked today...

We missed tons of tackles and a couple of INTs, coverage was shotty, Brad Johnson decided to show up halfway through the 4th, nobody opened holes for Taylor, and we didn't do a dang thing. Nothing...until the end of the 4th.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast